1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Night Club Shooting. Possible Hostages Situation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RocketsLegend, Jun 12, 2016.

1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

^ you should also mention that ISIS daily bulletin made no reference to Orlando or the attack

And, yes, apparently there is a daily ISIS bulletin

2. MystikArkitect

Typically has "Have a Blessed Sunday" on his scheduled tweets. Didn't on this one and there were two tweets today, only one with that tag line which I'm guessing was the scheduled one.

The "reap what you sow" tweet was likely not scheduled. He has a history of antiLGBT as well. Hope he deals with the wrath he deserves for that.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

My heart breaks for the families of the victims. Yet another example of the sickness of bigotry and gun violence that plagues our country.

**** you, you bigoted piece of human excrement. This is our Lt. Governor? I am ashamed to be a Texan.
    As for the Orlando Police Department, it took 3 hours to get this guy and to get in to help these people?

Three hours??

Unspeakable incompetence. Where was their courage?

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

How many bullets have you had drilled through your kevlar? Idiot.

2 people like this.
  5. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Lol....so true. Repped!

6. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

What a piece of schit comment from you.

Not surprising, really. For the benefit of the other posters on the board, this is a guy who sits in his garden, digging for worms for his pet owl which sits on his shoulder.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=10478305&postcount=25

1 person likes this.
  7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Rarely disagree with B-Bob, but you're upside down on this one

It completely makes sense to have them in the Hangout. Especially when it's and active situation, like missing planes, Boston, Paris, etc. Look, they were always in the Hangout before. 9/11 was here way before D&D

It is the idiots who turn these news threads into platforms for political agendas that makes it necessary to start D&D copies of the thread. Thank you for D&D, but don't make us go into that cesspool for news like this

News like this goes in the Hangout. And keep the politics out of these threads. Very simple

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

RIP to all the victims.

9. MystikArkitect

It's almost impossible for these threads to not get political. People are angry, people want answers, and almost always the questioning and reasoning get political.

Props to Orlando for turning out in a major way to donate blood. The blood banks are full, resources being committed. Really hope the number stays where it is but that jump from 20 to 50 was just awful to hear.

10. heypartner

As for motive, anyone else read his dad's comments and think there is a slight chance the guy was a closet homosexual living a lie, and his demons just had enough when he was at the restaurant with his wife and kids with gay men opening kissing in public

And I'm not projecting my thoughts into him, so don't anyone accuse me of liking the D, and suffering through life as a fake hetero. Or we'll have the move this discussion outside to the D&D

11. heypartner

Why? When there are two threads. If the News can have two news segments, one for facts, motives and ongoing updates, and another segment for political commentary and debates, so can we

Two threads achieves this. It's a very easy formula Clutch created with the two Forum approach

There really is no excuse for littering these tragedy Hangout threads with political agendas and narratives. Just stop doing it. Go to DD

12. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Omar Mateen called 911 just before club shooting, swore allegiance to Islamic State, multiple law enforcement officials say - NBC News

13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Omar Mateen called 911 just before club shooting, swore allegiance to Islamic State, multiple law enforcement officials say - NBC News</p>&mdash; Breaking News (@BreakingNews) <a href="https://twitter.com/BreakingNews/status/742041568069193728" data-datetime="2016-06-12T17:11:10+00:00">June 12, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Why didn't the cops go in sooner?

15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Yahoo just had a picture of this dude posing for a selfie, everytime they show his face you just can't help but picture what type of death was best suited for this POS. No burial, nothing, need to just toss his corpse to the gators there.

16. heypartner

Appears a SWAT team took control of the scene. They have to be thinking maybe multiple shooters, hostages and the possibilities have planned explosives like the Paris concert hall. I'm not one to second guess those tactical decisions, especially with the 911 call

17. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

I guess I was wrong. This is act of lone wolf ISIS symptizer. Worst terrorist attack in US since 9/11

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Welcome to my ignore list. I've kept you off of it for far too long. Bringing up how I met my significant other in 1974 goes beyond bizarre into the realm of outright idiocy. Goodbye.

As for my comment, I go into more detail in ATW's thread in D&D, if anyone is interested. For 3 hours people were bleeding out from horrific wounds. Yes, based on what I've heard so far, I think 3 hours is way too long to take direct action to end the killing, in my humble opinion.

19. Nook

Nook Member

Nope, I think he was a member of an intolerant religious movement that champions violence against other groups. I also find it very telling that is father goes out of his way to say religion has nothing to do with.

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Suspect with Arsenal arrested at L.A. Gay Pride