1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NCAA Tourney Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Fatty FatBastard, Mar 11, 2007.

1. yaoluv

yaoluv Member

After memphis touched it, the ball bounced IN bounds and then took a high bounce.

It was not out of bounds until that guy in the stands caught the ball.

Good call..

However, I don't like the shooting touch foul in a crowd on a rebound with 3 seconds left in the sweet 16

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

another final 4 team of mine out. My championship game is still there: UCLA vs. Georgetown

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

memphis will beat tennessee to go to the final 4 now..

4. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Damnit, Ags. You gotta make your free throws!

5. Major

Major Member

If you get someone on the arm, it's gotta be called. Otherwise no one could ever make a shot at the end of a game. It sucks for A&M, but it would have been unfair for Memphis had it not been called.

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I know it was a "longshot" to start with, but that final shot was so pathetic it was almost anti-climatic. He should have been closer than that. Either way, from the parts I saw it was a very good game. Too bad the Aggies couldn't pull down a rebound at the end.

Now it's back to the Rockets.

7. Kimble14

Kimble14 Contributing Member

I liked the 2.0 seconds left call -- when the ball was deflected downward, it bounced *in* bounds. The whistle shouldn't have blown until it landed in press row.

Also, am I the only one that thought Douglas-Roberts' first jumper was clearly a 3, and they called it a 2 without a review? Verne and Bill even mentioned "Douglas-Roberts doing it from downtown", even though he went 0-2 officially from 3.

(As I type, Greg Gumbel seems to be the first to notice that it bounced in bounds. Also, everyone else seems to have posted the same thing while I'm typing.)

Disclaimer: I'm wearing a Memphis T-shirt :)

8. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Rebound, Rebound, Rebound!!!!

9. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i'm amazed the refs didn't just take the easy way out and say the pass hit out of bounds and actually took the time to realize it hit in bounds and then tried to figure out how much time really went off. usually refs just do the easy thing and say 2.9 and go on. good job for once.

yeah i'm all about not making calls to decide the game but that's usually all about body contact to me. let guys go mano a mano and if the stronger defender knocks the offensive guy a little off, or the stronger offensive guys bumps the defender away for an easy shot, then the strongest survive. but once you hit the arms, you break the unwritten "don't decide the game" rule to me b/c then you make it really hard to make a shot. the strongest guy in the world will throw up an air ball if you reach and hit him on the wrist hard enough. so i think they pretty much had to call it, though they've let worse go in this tourney so far.

also, i picked memphis in i think 3 of my 4 brackets, which goes against my usual rule of picking teams i hate b/c i don't want the double whammy of them moving on and killing my bracket. but my bracket has been so crazy this year that even picking against a&m worked out. i say this all knocking on wood b/c ohio state could completely blow it up if they lose here.

10. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

It looked to me like he hit him in the chest. I'm not complaining though. A&M had their chance and blew it, not to mention they couldn't get a rebound when it mattered.

I wasn't a fan of calling out the baseball pass at the end of a close, important game. Too many things can easily go wrong, as we saw.

11. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

Agreed, or at least see Law not try the layup and pull it out set it up and work it inside again

12. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Meh, I had TAMU going to the Final Four, so I'm happy to see that Tennessee is killing Ohio State. Hopefully, it'll ruin other people's brackets.

13. m0lson

m0lson Member

Oden putting up a clunker of a game.. and this guy is going number 1 over Durant??

14. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

There was like 7 seconds left when they had the ball out of bounds ... That's why they did the baseball pass ... that's why he couldn't pull it out ... had to take it all the way in.

15. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

Wow! Last time I checked, Tennessee was winning by twenty.

16. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Weslinder, that was a great assessment. Memphis was more athletic up front, bigger up front, and stronger up front. They were also quicker in the back court, and A&M bit on too many pump fakes. Ultimately, Memphis was a more talented team, and I felt that we (the Aggies) were going to have to play well and get lucky to win, and we almost won. No matter how much you hustle, if the other guys are hustling too, and they're bigger/faster/stronger, you're going to lose out. Also, contrary to Gillespie's opinion, the defensive rotation was terrible, but it's been that way all tourney long.

17. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

oh whoops lol, i wasnt thinking when i posted that. i'm an idiot disregard that all together :D

18. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

19. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

ODEN, WOW block shot to end it

20. TMac#1

TMac#1 Member

Oden is an absolute TERROR on defense and on the boards. Wait until he learns how to score more. He reminds me of Shaq.