1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mosque mass shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by LosPollosHermanos, Mar 14, 2019.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

PJW nailed it.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You really just gonna go by screencaps bro? Could be right wingers posing as leftists.

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Oh I have no doubt they are all secret racists, or Russians, or a combination Jay.

4. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

Meh, still blaming and ****. People have moved on. We cannot live in the past. Have to focus on the now.

5. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

I mean, you could add thoughts and prayers or my heart goes out to all the victims and their families instead of being so defensive.

Eric Riley likes this.
  6. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

Most sane people are not blaming white supremacists for one person who was insane. White supremacists can be crazy, but they do not advocate shooting up religious establishments. Most white supremacists think they are better than everyone. There is nothing wrong with thinking your group is best. Extreme white supremacists are the issue. Just like extremists in every group.

This guy is a tool.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I find it disturbing that the White House is telling people to read this racist's manifesto. They should not be trying to spread his ideas.

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No there is a problem there. The problem is when you think your group is the best on nothing other than skin pigment. That isn't something your group has done to make it a great group. Furthermore, since whites hold almost all of the power positions in economics and government then if any that are white supremacists will only lengthen the inequality.

So there are definite problems with whatever non-extremist white supremacists you are thinking here. I believe that anyone is a white supremacist is already pretty much an extreme.

Harrisment likes this.
  9. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

So it’s OK for every single group to think and say they are the best amongst themselves, but not for white people? I have seen every single group do it, and they laugh at other groups but not in a serious way. It’s wrong to shame people for thinking and saying they are the best. They are just extremely prideful. White people should have the same rights as everyone else. There is nothing wrong with having a strong preference of your people over others. And thinking that your people are best is fine. These are opinions and prefrences. Everyone is entitled to them.

Every group is good at a lot of things, and I respect that. You have to remember, not every single person in the group believes their group is the best. We are talking about a small percentage in every tribe who have a lot of pride about their group. They exist in every single group and everyone knows that guy. We do not call them racists, although some of them may be.

The percentage of white supremacists is fairly small, and the white extremists are even smaller. There is nothing wrong with a small percentage of the people in the group thinking they are the best. They are usually the older generation, who grew up in a less diverse time. Most younger ones reject their beliefs, but respect it.

I do not see white supremacist advocating shooting up religious establishments. We have to identify and separate the extremists in ever group.

10. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

When white supremacy spills over into ideas like white nationalism you have to pause and ask what is the goal? White nationalism, does that mean you want a nation of only whites? Ok that is clearly racism. You have to identify what is said and who is saying it before you can determine if that person is extremely racist.

11. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Well I don't think 'group' pride is saying they are better. But I will say that minority groups have made significant contributions in the face of discrimination, oppression and odds stacked against them which whites have not had to battle against in this nation. That being said, I haven't seen minority groups claiming they are actually better. I have seen pride in accomplishments in the face of added pressure and discrimination.

12. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

It happens a lot more than you think. Have you lived in Houston your entire life? It is very diverse here and it happens a lot. Sometimes it’s overtly racist and sometimes it is when they think youre a neutral party and cool with them cracking a joke about other tribes. It goes in all directions.

Another thing is, you don’t see the word for Asian, black, or Hispanic supremacy. There is really no such thing as minorities being prideful of their skin, heritage, etc. Some are prideful of their gender, sexual preference, or age (seen more at elementary levels).

Generally speaking, it is more common in older generations. We all know the stereotypes and we’ve all gotten our ass kicked at certain things enough times to know our group are not the best. Some may not have this luxury because they grew up in a less diverse time or region.

13. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I lived in Houston until I went to college. After that, I moved first to NYC and then to Los Angeles.

I'm not sure what you mean about minorities not being prideful of their heritage etc. There absolutely are large communities of people proud of their heritage.

14. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

I meant there’s no term for other groups or religions having tribe pride with negative connotations attached to it like white supremacist.

15. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

Honestly though, if you listen to this podcast recorded a few days ago it is pretty easy to figure out who to blame:

It is freaky actually if you have heard about what is in the shooter's manifesto. This group referenced in the podcast is just sitting around and getting paid all day to make memes and they are getting people angry, spreading hate and creating division. Who are they funded by?

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Democratic shill. Next.

17. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

Go on twitter, it is real. Go click on some of the comments in Senator Warren’s tweets and investigate. There are many fake accounts spewing vitriol and spreading anger.

You can deny it, but i noticed this crap even before this podcast. The shooter’s manifesto that the white house advised us to read refrences the same memes discussed in the podcast created by twiter bot accounts made in Russia.

18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Send me a link here or message me about what you are specifically talking about, and I'll check it out Jump.

19. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

20. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

On Indian TV?

Talking with your emotions.

It's 2019, move on. With Chinese investments flowing, it is not in their interest to have those camps.

Mr. India? You guys really have to move on beyond your tribes.