1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mosque mass shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by LosPollosHermanos, Mar 14, 2019.

1. malakas

malakas Member

and? It's not my fault people keep quoting me trying to refute the unrefutable.

As a woman it's laughable how men are trying to pass it like some minor unimportant detail.

Nook likes this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

When less than .1% of the Muslim population practices it, I doubt it's the sole criterion of why Arab countries have horrible women's rights practices for the past few decades.

If that is the only difference in rhetoric between the Bible and Quran you can find on how women should be treated, then maybe it isn't the actual text of the religion but rather cultural practices that have strengthened because of socioeconomic issues .

It is a minor detail when you actually do a statistical analysis of the 1 billion Muslims.

No Worries likes this.
  3. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

You brought it to my attention. I missed that part if it was in the video. What was your original post about? I never said they were doing what you posted, I just said it’s an interesting way to do it if they wanted to. Factoring in the declining birth rate (especially amongst whites) and the increase in immigration from India and other countries....the truth is they probably just needed more people to fill their health care program. But it is a good example of how stats can be misleading. Certainly more people would be upset if they were not importing people and they saw the country’s population declining because they intepret that as a sign of failure.

#523 Jump Ship, Mar 20, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  4. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

No man has that much game, the only ones who actually marry multiple women are the kings and princes in Saudi Arabia and most Muslims condemn that. They do not like speaking against the Saudi royal family becuase of stories like Kashoggi.

If a woman agrees to marry a man who other women are married to, then she’s in it for one thing. That is their choice and preference.

I do agree with you, most religious texts were clearly written for people in a different time period. They were not intended to be read my the man today who knows a few things.

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't really want to get in on this derail. Besides, @Exiled obviously does not have a Christian's understanding of the Bible, just like I don't understand to Quran like a Muslim would. But, I can't let this pass. Nowhere does the Bible say that a man can marry only one woman. There is a prevailing interpretation of the Bible that effectively you should only have one wife. But it doesn't say you can't have more. Christian monogamy is a cultural practice buttressed by interpretation.

6. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Yes. And it is ok to bang your wife's servant and make her totally PG. See Abraham.

7. malakas

malakas Member

Who said it was the only criterion? Who said anything about Arab countries particularly? :rolleyes:
    Why did you get involved in the middle of a discussion without seeing from where it started?
    When someone falsely started propagandising that Islam treats women the same way as Christianity?
    When from the holy text itself there's vital difference! In the source material of Islam.
    So please stop quoting me with out of topic discussions because you have failed for days to understand even the point of discussion.

Astrodome likes this.
  8. malakas

malakas Member

It doesn't explicitly prohibit you can't have more, but it also doesn't explicitily allow you CAN have multiple wives. See a difference?

We Orthodox Christians do not focus on studying the Bible like other dominations so I can't say I know it but I found this with a google search :
    https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Monogamy
    So the Bible does imply monogamy multiple times especially Corinthians.

Anyway what I am certain of is that nowhere in the Bible it gives the green light to a man to practice polygamy. The Quran outright says it. One , two , three and four wives.

JuanValdez likes this.
  9. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Failure?

10. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

Some people think if people are not reproducing that is indicative of the country failing. That the population needs to grow or be sustained, but not decline.

But why are people not settling down and having kids in Europe? Do women there prefer to work and not have kids because they are too busy?

11. Cohete Rojo

If it ain't broke, don't try to replace it with a bunch of uneducated immigrants.

12. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

But what do you do if there is a labor shortage in certain fields with a population that is declinging and unwilling to clean up old people poop and throw up?

Some countries just import that labor and train them. Guess they have to do one of 4 things. Figure out how to stop aging, tell people to start having sex and make babies, pay more to do work no one wants, or convince and find people to do it somehow without offering them more incentives.

13. Cohete Rojo

Trying to convince people they should be replaced by a uneducated group of people that revere and nearly deify a 50-year old pedophilic slave-owning illiterate warlord, is going to be very difficult.

14. Cohete Rojo

How many Muslims think Muhamad was the most righteous and pious man to ever walk the Earth?
    How many Muslims think death is an appropriate punishment for apostasy?

Minor detail?

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I asked before but never received an answer. What is your opinion of the 5 pillars of Islam?

16. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

Religion is bs, but these types of insults are pointless

JuanValdez likes this.
  17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

And saying "religion is bs" isn't an insult?

18. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

It is weird language, and you can argue anyone who is religious is uneducated.

19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Well that makes the vast majority uneducated. At least I know there isn't a magical solar powered Camry that gets around 140 MPG. I also know how to fill out forms, fold them up, place them in an envelope, address the envelope, stamp the envelope and drop it in a mailbox in less than 10 minutes.

Nook likes this.
  20. Jump Ship

Jump Ship Member

I never claimed to have all the answers And know everything. I ended up posting the facts and there’s a good chance I got one with a very good battery. It turns out they use the battery up before they start burning all the gas and there is a setting for that