1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey -- acquire an actual center like Marc Gasol or Enes Kanter !!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Senator, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Mr. Space City

i agree with the OP.

murray is so useless. don't know why he doesn't go acquire paul george to replace james pennis

2. Senator

Senator Member

Actually, he is a very realistic trade target with an expiring contract and the Grizzlies season over.

They are burdened by the untradeable Parsons' contract so taking on Knight, who expires next year, is worth it to a team looking to stockpile 1st rounders. At 34 Gasol is looking for an actual chance to compete.

Kanter is a valuable guy off the bench or a Capela injury replacement. This is a very predictable issue the Rockets have that other teams exploit easily... Morey keeps stockpiling SF's because he thinks GS is the only team the Rockets will play in the playoffs. Needs to be reliable and proven.

tc0330 likes this.
  3. Senator

Senator Member

No chance Sacramento trades him. The market has shown they do not care for late 1st rounders when dealing with players in their 20s who can be all stars or have potential. You have to go for expirings with no potential like Gasol's and Kanter's, it's what you get when you can't offer much.

bj3175 likes this.
  4. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Gasol is pretty washed up at the moment. His door is just about closed. I don't even want him, he would not be efficient on our team.

Plus, we got Faried- What I saw tonight is that he will be the perfect sub for Capela. I'm satisfied.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Stopped reading at Enes Kanter

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOOOOOOOOOOOOLOOOOOOOOLOOOOOOOOOL

hakeem94 and Blurr#7 like this.
  6. Juxtaposed Jolt

He still has a year left and his contract is 25 million. Chris Paul seems like the only player that would actually make sense, financially. Otherwise, we'd have to give up Eric Gordon + a lot of other players, just to make the money work. And I'm not down to do that.

Gasol is the type of player who doesn't rely on athleticism, so I think the fact that he seems washed might have more to do with the fact that Memphis' style of play.

He'd be great on this team though, even if he does shoot one too many midrange shots. But that's game, so...

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Likely a first rounder, at minimum. But I support this message.

Trade for WCS.

Or Khem Birch.

8. sushimaster

sushimaster Member

Why could't we have kept Joe Chee instead of Nene?

jb86 likes this.
  9. bj3175

bj3175 Member

ashame that dude would be sweet in our offense

D-rock likes this.
  10. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Use chrisis , Edward's, Gary clark, Ennis to trade Gasol?

11. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Can't play Kanter.

harold bingo likes this.
  12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

The hell are you guys smoking, Capela/Nene/Faried/Tucker is a tremendously adequate C rotation. No one in their right mind can argue you can't win a championship with that.

We need a starting forward and a backup forward, nothing else. We can afford to lose one backup guard, unlimited rotation players and pick(s) to do that. That's it.

Jayzers_100 and D-rock like this.
  13. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

what we really need is another legit star player...

Philly who isn't even in title contention has 3 all-star players...

We have the "smartest gm in the league" and somehow he's overpaid CP3 and failed to get Harden another 2 healthy stars to help him.

Harden is gonna run out of gas in the playoffs and get blamed for everything once again.

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Got no assets.

We’ve run out of track.

15. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

That's what I'm, saying. He would be terrible on our team. 1. He is slow, moreso nowadays than before. I think he would have a tough time keeping up with our team. 2. Whatever center we get in the future, it is imperative that they are able to play above the rim-- this is and has never been Gasols game. 3. You seem to be remembering good Gasol, not current Gasol. Current Gasol nowadays has just regular quality defense. It's not bad, it's not great. Current Gasol nowadays has lost dexterity or something in his hands because he has been struggling catching the ball.

Capela right now is already better than current Gasol. Current Gasol is only going to get worse while all signs indicate Capela will continue to only get better.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  16. jb86

jb86 Member

I'm wouldn't mind getting Gasol or Kanter. Defense is not the main problem. Our main problem right now is rebounding. Since CC went down we have been getting murdered on the boards.

17. tc0330

tc0330 Member

kanter averages 14.4pts and 10.8trb per game per 26 min lol..... if you dont think we could use that because of "defense" problems your crazy..

jb86 likes this.
  18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Mooley, make it so...

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

If they do kanter for Brandon Knight straight up, and maybeee a second, i would do it, no risk and he can help through injury problems. I have a thread for that. And we get rid of BK contract for an expiring. New York probably doesn’t do it though

20. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

Don’t forget how bad we are getting outrebounded, defense is bad anyways. Once healthy just don’t play him if he’s that bad, but he can cover some ground with injuries. People just like to go with the popular opinion even if they don’t agree with it just because they saw the best coach in the NBA, billy Donavan say he couldn’t play kanter against us in one game of a playoff series few years ago

hakeem94 and tc0330 like this.