1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey -- acquire an actual center like Marc Gasol or Enes Kanter !!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Senator, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

Huh? My point is clear. That 1st game we played against them at TC meant absolutely nothing, plain and simple.

2. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Haha...MY ignorance? wow.

[​IMG]

Let me know how your conversation with the NBA goes that the Rockets win against GS didn't count, and that win should be removed, and likewise for every single game where one team or the other had injuries or other issues. We eagerly await your report!

3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

The only glaring oversight was your way of spelling the word oversight.

4. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

This is true and the good news is Harden tends to learn from his mistakes.

The team has made a marginal effort to push the ball a bit more, I think we'll see a better balance of slow/fast pace in the future.

5. biff17

biff17 Member

So what about the other games?

6. Senator

Senator Member

Having a 2nd big man is not "panic mode". It's not a knee jerk reaction, we have known for a while what Capela's limitations are and the fact he can't play 48 mpg throughout the playoffs.

Nene was great 4 years ago but should be retired now.

We saw how poorly the Rockets played without Capela, and we've seen how skilled bigs can wear him down when he's healthy. Playoffs are always, always about matchups.

Shumpert was the panic movie because you messed up with House. The million SF's that didn't work out were the panic moves. Another big man was a pressing need that wasn't addressed. Don't forget Deandre Jordan is an expiring contract on the Knicks who is playing pointless minutes. There were defensive options available. When you are dealing with super teams, you have to make these moves... not hope for the best when you have had same results for a very long time.

7. Senator

Senator Member

We need someone in the front office with composure

Trading for Shumpert, letting go of a 1st when a big man was needed

Due to mismanaging House

After signing all these horrible SF's that were never going to work out, it's 1 panic move after another

Morey plays too much fantasy basketball at the expense of what's in front of him

8. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

spencer hawes?

9. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Giving up a 1st for Shumpert is a joke! What the hell was Morey thinking. Seems like he has no interest in the draft other than trading picks away for scrubs.

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

I still say that trade was 90% about shedding Knight's contract and 10% about acquiring Shumpert. It's a much better argument against our team (more likely the owner than the GM) that they were willing to lose a 1st-round pick AND a valuable summer trade piece (Night's contract) to avoid the luxury tax and later, the repeater tax.

Chamillionaire likes this.
  11. biff17

biff17 Member

i think that number is more like 50/50 and I don't see them as getting a much better player than Shumpert with Knights contract.

But I think Shumpert can be a better player than most, I admit he has been disappointing.

topfive likes this.
  12. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

Ne’s trash!