1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mistake when writing off this loss

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Apr 21, 2018.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I see a lot of people writing this loss off by pointing out that the wolves won’t shoot like this again most likely.

That’s a big mistake. This game was over before the wolves went on a fourth quarter barrage from 3. We were fighting to stay in it from the jump.

We moved at half speed the whole game. The offense was stagnant and we are getting zero out of vital role players not to mention low effort from the star.

This game needs to be a wake up call. D’Antoni said this about the team last year and I see t again. They are so confident they can win that they don’t ever feel the sense of urgency to push it.

2. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Yeah, this mentality drives me crazy. The best way to ensure a team doesn't shoot really well is to smother them with defense. Hoping they miss wide open shots is a loser's mentality.

3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

no ones writing the loss off

everyone's saying the loss is actually a good wake up call

not sure why we need another thread

htownrox1, amaru, TEXNIFICENT and 7 others like this.
  4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Cant disagree. Half speed is the best description of it.

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

They’ve been playing too slow for a while now. Keep the ISO’s for occasion but kickstart the motion offense

6. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I would hate to believe the team is over confident. What exactly have they achieved? There's been 60 plus teams to lose in the first round before. I fully expect the Rox to eventually win this series but if they are going around with the big head and not having more sense of urgency they don't deserve to win ****.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  7. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Wish they would speed up the pace. Less possessions and a slower pace means it's easier for an underdog to upset you. Just ask Virginia. I know it's how we played in the regular season, but you have to adapt in the playoffs. It's not like we're incapable of doing it.

jevjnd and Smacktle like this.
  8. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

First playoff appearance in 14 years.

Your down 2-0

Your first home playoff game in soooo long.

You didn’t think the energy was gonna be amazing for them?

You didn’t think they would come out like their backs were against the wall?

You think EVERY gambling site gives the home team a 3pt advantage just for shiits and giggles?

You think, with all the factors and energy pushing in their favor, along with a HOT shooting night, is cause for concern?

This site gets so emo after a loss.

#8 BigMaloe, Apr 21, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  9. Newlin

Newlin Member

The Rockets shot the ball a little bit better this game, and I'm not really worried about losing this series at this point. But, this is three games in a row that the Rockets been subpar in my opinion. I wonder how they will perform later in the playoffs when the pressure is really on them. Maybe better? Maybe not?

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

The defense, energy, and shot selection were bad.

11. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Also the Wolves are like the sixers 30-11 at home, They play good in front of there fans, if you dont bring at least your b+ game you not gonna get close to winning. Rockets Had C+ Game tonight, while the wolves had there A game out. Just cant win this way.

htownrox1, jevjnd, carib and 2 others like this.
  12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I think our defense has flaws. It was obvious in the regular season when we played against pelican's. Our doulbing is really predictible it gives up way too many open threes.

People discount wolves shooting as a fluke. It's not a fluke when we give up so much space almost every single time we switch and double.

jevjnd likes this.
  13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

CP3s defense was pretty bad out there, usually, it is at least solid?

Dudes were blowing past him left and right, same for Gordon whose defense also is usually pretty solid.

Not sure what was with them tonight defensively, Harden didn't take the team out to any strip clubs or anything right?

kaleidosky and ramotadab like this.
  14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

it was almost like the entire team was just going thru the motions from the start. maybe when they saw marc davis they said F it? maybe tillman wants the extra home game? maybe they all got drunk at the stripclub last nite?

banzai, ramotadab and Smacktle like this.
  15. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

They haven’t played well as a team for three games now.

They’ve got to be better because if not they won’t make it to the WCF.

Smacktle, Little Bit and bballjunkie like this.
  16. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

I hate this loss. I hate it so much the way we lost it. But it’s a good loss. A necessary, hopefully well-timed loss.

Lawlruschang and Smacktle like this.
  17. Le$$

Le$$ Member

I want to see Pelicans bring this to GSW, i want the warriors to be tired as hell, thats the only way we will get thru warriors in 7 games, if they already came out of a 7 game series, but i dont see pelicans taking them to 7, just maybe pelicans win 2 games at home, it be 4-2 series.

Smacktle likes this.
  18. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Hope this is a wake up call for them. You can see warriors are just on another gear in the playoffs and we are not quite up there yet.maybe that’s what we are.

19. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Chris Paul got 3 fouls in 3 minutes to start the fourth Q. Completely killed our comeback momentum as that is when he typically feasts on the other team's bench unit.

20. riko

riko Member

Nobody seriously thought we could sweep a team this talented at full strength right? These guy were flying before Jimmy Butler went down. They are a top 4 team in the west when they are healthy and playing like they played tonight. Now we need to make the right adjustments and go from there.