1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mistake when writing off this loss

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Apr 21, 2018.

1. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

$1.5-2.5M per game

Houstunna likes this.
  2. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I believe the saying from JVG goes, “do not ignore in victory what you would not in defeat.” Because we actually lost last night, this idea doesn’t apply.

I’m pretty sure the team is plenty aware of the things it will need to fix before game 4. The aphorism that applies here is, “do not get your panties in a twist over fluke occurrences that are unlikely to happen again.” True, the Rockets have not put in a 100% performance yet this series. Harden and Capela were the only ones who did anything game one, then Harden was a no-show in game 2, and now the whole team forgot to play defense in game 3.

But. The wolves played better than they had all regular season. That was a 110% performance from them, with insane shots by guys who can’t shoot going in. The NBA league office also greased the wheels a bit by putting every 50-50 call against us and fouling CP3 out with 3:20 left in the game. It was hard for him to play the entire fourth quarter with his 5 fouls. We all know why. NOH has just swept POR, GSW is headed for the sweep of the Spurs who don’t even deserve to be in these playoffs. The NBA is watching revenue just circle the drain. HOU MIN was no way in hell going to be a sweep as well.

Let’s beat the Wolves AND the refs in game 4.

DonKnock likes this.
  3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Lol, on a night when he lost most of the 50/50 calls , Harden put up 29-7-7 on 43% shooting with 4 tos

His regular season stat line? 30-5-9 on 45% shooting with 4 to's

BAD! NOT WHAT WE NEED OR EXPECT!

Harden can never win with the J SkipBaylessizzles of the world

B-Bob, topfive and Os Trigonum like this.
  4. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Holy smokes! I
    Holy smokes! Of course everyone would want to take this to 7 since we a small market Team with a high payroll. Easy way to do with this Rockets Team. Take away the calls for Harden, you effectively take out his effectiveness. I think Tillman just buying the team and spending big money is going to help us with the refs/league. Everyone gets a lick!

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

He wasn’t “bad”. Just wasn’t that good either. Many of his points came after the game was already decided. He didn’t really try to assert himself until late.

And the role players...well...they just haven’t been good enough either. Can’t keep shooting like this.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I stan for Harden probably harder than anybody lmao. I just don’t think he did a good job asserting himself until it was way too late. I would like to see him more aggressive from start to finish in Game 4.

Having said that...it would certainly help if the role players could start hitting some shots to help out.

vlaurelio likes this.
  7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

One game isn't a big deal, what is a big deal is that the t-wolves defense seems to have really bother our 3 point shooting the whole series

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The Pelicans didn't think it was that hard.

9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

or the wolves happened to be the hungriest team last night after missing the POs for 14 straight years
    then got extremely lucky shooting almost 60% from the arc doubling their regular season average

and yeah the rockets being snot being as sharp on defense with their fouls and late closeouts and sloppy on offense too with their missed 3 fgs, fts, turnovers didn't help.. but as MDA said, the team were not trying to win.. and that includes MDA and the coaching staff

but rockets woke now

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Just a personal preference, but I prefer when Harden looks for his shot early. I know he is unselfish and tries to get Capela and Ariza involved early and honestly that probably is the right decision. But for me, I like when Harden is super aggressive for himself early because to me he is a "rhythm" player. Whenever he has a bad game, he cites "couldn't find a rhythm." He needs to get a LATHER, and EARLY. His scoring is too important LATER in the game when things get closer and the team needs his skills. SO, the sooner he gets a lather (to use for later) the better. ;-)

J Sizzle likes this.
  11. vlaurelio

its a tough balance balance though.. he needs the help of the team.. especially in the PO's. everyone needs to step up.. that's why harden's giving his teammates a chance to get going early in the game

howbout we see everyone especially harden and cp3 aggressive from start to finish in game 4

J Sizzle likes this.
  12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You guys seem to have forgotten that the Wolves are a GOOD offensive team and BAD defensive team. I don't blame you because Thibs teams are usually the opposite.

So to think that Minny won't be scoring so well is just wishful thinking. (Game 2 was actually an abnormality.) They are a very talented offensive team. What is concerning is that our offense has looked uninspired against a supposedly bad defensive team.

J Sizzle and B-Bob like this.
  13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yup. Even the Rockets themselves have acknowledged that they haven’t played well by their standards since clinching the top seed. Doesn’t look like it’s changing this series either.

Easy likes this.
  14. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

The League is doing the same thing to the Warriors right now. Large FT disparity. Fugazi calls. Warriors fans starting to whine.

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

His airballing and turnovers came at the point where the Rockets were about to make a run to be back in the game.

16. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Just eyeballin it. Thanks for the stats though. Is it just me or am I the only one who feels like they absolutely missed every open 3 except the one Gordon hit when it was too late?

I feel like they left 20 points on the board easily.

17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I never expected to sweep them, and never assume we will beat any team. I believe it when it happens, especially in playoffs. I've been let down too many times over the years and just don't have the confidence so many have. I've watched all the games this year, and really enjoyed them, but never feel confident in the playoffs. Just glad we have the edge in our favor right now.

18. vlaurelio

he got the rockets as close to 5 points with his assist to nene then sat 2 minutes before the end of the 3rd..

his team mates let the lead balloon from 5 to 17 points that's a f*kn 12 point swing

you gonna blame that on harden???

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm referring to the 4th were the deficit ballooned to 18 pts and then went down to 9. The game was in reach and the next possessions Harden air balled and turned the ball over. Wasn't a good look. I will definitely blame that stretch on Harden. The game was i reach and Harden made some costly errors in the clutch.

Being the best player and leader while being a MVP level player, he will be scrutinized more for those type of lapses especially when he has a history of doing this in the playoffs.

20. vlaurelio

1) he sat with a 5 point lead.. lead balooned from 5 to 17 pts while he was on the bench.. is that his fault or not? he wasn't standing and cheering?

2) in the 8 minute stretch in the 4th harden produced 18 points or almost 75% of the team's production.. is that his fault? or he should have produced 40 pts instead?

3) iminny shot 9 straight 3s in the 4th? is that harden's fault as well?

stop blaming harden for the game 3 loss

its a bad look especially for a never harden fan