1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel Movie] The Eternals

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I think this might end up being a sort of Thanos origin movie as he is an Eternal

THE ETERNALS Finds Its Leading Lady In MALEFICENT Star Angelina Jolie
    [​IMG]
    Here's a hot scoop to get you through hump day, as it's being reported that Academy Award-winner Angelina Jolie has signed on to star in Marvel Studios' The Eternals, which has Chloe Zhao set to direct.
    Rohan Patel | 3/27/2019
    Filed Under: "Eternals" Source: The Hollywood Reporter
    [​IMG]The Hollywood Reporter has learned that Academy Award-winner Angelina Jolie has signed on to star in Marvel Studios' The Eternals. However, details on her leading role are being kept under heavy lock-and-key for now.

Plot details remain scarce, but THR's report confirms that a major aspect of the film will revolve around the love story between Ikaris, a man fueled by cosmic energy, and Sersi, who relishes moving amongst the humans. While Jolie's role hasn't been confirmed, the fact that she's been cast as the female lead would seem to suggest she may be playing Sersi.

Chloe Zhao (The Rider; Songs My Brothers Taught Me) is directing the superhero feature, which is based on the Jack Kirby-created comic series, with a script from the writing duo of Matthew and Ryan Firpo (Ruin; Mimi From Rio).

Jolie recently wrapped Joachim Rønning's Maleficent: Mistress of Evil, which will open in theaters this October, and will then also star in Thea Sharrock's animation/live-action hybrid The One and Only Ivan and Brenda Chapman's Come Away before suiting up in The Eternals.

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I read this and thought "who cares!?!", so checked here imdb to confirm, and indeed, who cares?? She does not have a solid resume. Her best stuff is Girl Interrupted 20 years ago and the Kung Fu Panda movies, lol

mikol13, ROXRAN and BigM like this.
  3. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Tend to agree, I've never understood the fascination with Jolie.....

mikol13 likes this.
  4. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

SALT i thought was pretty decent, but I agree she doesn't have alot of impressive films. I cant recall her being bad in anything, just the movies not being great.

Jontro and Rocket River like this.
  5. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Meh, Wanted was good...although mainly due to James McAvoy.

Jontro and GRENDEL like this.
  6. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Wut....?

arkoe likes this.
  7. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I did like SALT, Mr and Ms Smith was pretty decent to

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Marvel at this point figures they can do just about whatever they f**king want and people will go see it..and they are right.

I literally have no interest in this plot summary, nor do I like Jolie, but if it's Marvel branded I will be there, and I'll probably enjoy it.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

When I first saw Wanted I didn't know McAvoy or Pratt, and in the first 10 minutes I saw them as greasy characters, with no potential stardom. Jolie should do well.

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Thanos origin...Does that mean I get to sit through two hours of aliens who are known for their purple nutsack chins?

Nook likes this.
  11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He is the only one that looks like that

I hope Jolie needs to put on some weight
    She is too thin and gaunt.

Rocket River

Nook and tinman like this.
  12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

They didn't have the....balls to pull it off?

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Any Celestials gonna be in it? lol.

14. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Do Eternals have big cracked lips

mikol13 and tinman like this.
  15. Jontro

Jontro Member

i enjoy movies jolie has been in for the most part.

16. Xerobull

Marvel's The Eternals Has Reportedly Cast Millie Bobby Brown

[​IMG]

Stranger Things star Millie Bobby Brown may have secretly booked a role in Marvel Studios' Phase 4 movie The Eternals. Now that Spider-Man: Far From Home is out in theaters, Phase 3 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe is officially over. Audiences around the world may still be checking out the latest solo outing for Tom Holland's Spider-Man, but Marvel Studios is hard at work on what will come next. That includes the first several weeks of production on Black Widow, as well as gearing up for The Eternals' production this fall.

The new potential franchise is based on the ancient, cosmic, and superpowered race of the same name created by Jack Kirby, with Chloe Zhao tapped to direct the movie. In the months since she was hired, Marvel has been doing a stellar job at adding recognizable names to an otherwise unknown property. Angelina Jolie and Richard Madden are currently (unofficially) set to lead the ensemble cast of The Eternals, and now it appears Eleven is joining them and recent addition Salma Hayek.

tinman likes this.
  17. Jontro

Jontro Member

i will watch whatever marvel pumps out. so glad i am living the prime of my life during the golden age of superheroes.

18. Xerobull

19. CCorn

CCorn Member

That’s not a boobless Angelina Jolie

20. Xerobull

Yes it is. Plastic surgery. Squint while drunk and you'll get it.