1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mariota, The Great

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Air Langhi, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Hope this doesn't turn out like the other "The Great" threads, but I think this guy is phenominal. I think he is next aaron rodgers except he runs a 4.5 40. This guy is extremely accurate and protects the ball. It looks like he does a good job of spreading the ball around and not locking in on one guy.

He also seems less arrogant/assholish than other qbs like manning, brady, etc.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I think he's legit too.

But the Texans have Mallet tho. Do you honestly think he's better than Mallet?

#2 Mr. Clutch, Sep 27, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
  3. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

*********Anti Jinx********. Knock on wood***. Anything......

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

When he's had at least a little time, Mariota has been great. He was nicked up pretty bad after the Browns game and I was concerned he wouldn't be fully recovered. But he had time to work today and didn't seem to be physically limited.

Only injury will stop him.

5. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

he reminds me of kaepernick in 2013, the league will figure him out tho.

6. what

what Member

why this thread tho, damn it. Let mariota be mariota, damn it!

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Looks very good. One of these days the Texans will give a damn about the QB position, too.

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If you think Mariota is similar to Kap you are completely clueless. Then again, most of us already know that.

What will the league "figure out" about him? This should be rich.

I've watched almost every game Mariota's played in college and NFL.

9. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

ok i should have said tannehil, either way.. NOT ELITE

he fumbles too much, and is careless with the football at even slightest bit of pressure.. give him a clean pocket and yea he'll look like a star

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Cap'n Clueless strikes again.

Mariota is nothing like Tannehill either. So basically, you know absolutely nothing about him other than he fumbles. Try educating yourself and actually watching him play some games. Just because you don't like a player or don't want him to do well doesn't mean anything.

11. what

what Member

why argue with somebody who is clearly just hoping that what he says actually comes true?

nobody can say either way what mariota will become, but clearly he's had a promising start.

12. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

rg3 was better his rookie season, so was cam newton... you making it seem like this guy is doing something we havent seen before

i stand by statement, ryan tannehill at best

13. what

what Member

of course you do. it's okay, you don't need to defend your position with comparisons.

many rookie qbs have played well for a full season and then became busts, which is what you are saying mariota will be. that's a true fact, and it's entirely plausible. But that doesn't mean that mariota will be one just because there are examples you can cite.

Do you get what I am saying?

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The season is 3 games old and you haven't even seen Mariota play. The only thing you "stand" on is ignorance and blather.

You are a joke, a sideshow "at best".

16. BubbaMac

BubbaMac Contributing Member

I think Mettenberger has more upside than Mallet. Maybe trade a mid round pick for Zach?

MM looks legit and seems like a nice guy. Hard to dislike the man just like Andrew Luck

17. Major

Major Member

Given that he just set the record for most TDs ever through 3 games for a rookie, he actually IS doing something we haven't seen before.

18. PhiSlammaJamma

On pace for 4,000 yards, 43 TD, 10 Int and a passer rating of 123. I'd say he's eclipsing RGIII, Cam Newton, and Luck by a wide margin. He's more in the category of Sammy Baugh right now and probably top 10 rookie seasons of all time at any position. He's trending up too. Not backwards. I don't think he looks spectacular, with a wow factor, but the ball moves downhill.

Mettenberger's release is too long if you ask me. It's like he has to put in a Cannon to launch it. It sure looks nice, but he's more oft then not sacked or intercepted with long release. He had his chance. I think he's an an ok backup.

19. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL....Mettenberger had SOME MUCH UPSIDE, that the Titans replaced him....QUICKLY.

Mettenberger is Matt Flynn. LSU QB with all the skills....who nobody wants once they have him on their team.

20. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

his turnovers are increasing after every game, he should have had 3 picks today... he has to be luckiest qb in the league when it comes to flags being thrown that call back his turnovers, he should have had at least 4 fumbles in the browns game, but 2 were called back because of bs flags

he is protected right now by the league for whatever reason, like andrew luck was in his rookie year, he's getting all the 50/50 calls. Jameis on the other hand is getting hosed, the bucs are one of if not the most penalized teams in the nfl.

as for saying Marcus will have a rookie year better than Cam's or RG3 lol.. Cam had 4,700 yards of total offense with 35 td's, rg3 had 4,000 yards of total offense( while missing 2 games) while posting 27tds and 5 ints over 800 yards rushing, rg3 was the first player since the merger to lead the nfl in yards per pass attempt, and yards per rush attempt.. i will say mariota is surrounded by a much better coaching staff than either cam or rg3 were when they were rookies