1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Man leaves his children and lady during 'Dark Night' shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ktbballplaya, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

The theater in general expects their patrons to remain quiet during the showing. Its easy enough to tell an adult to STFU and expect them to do so. You can't expect an infant to remain silent.

I don't goto the theater much anymore due to what you have mentioned. If I do want to go, I'll go late at night on a weekday to avoid the rude people. Just because "you have a right" doesn't entitle you to use it. That mentality is what gets people like Zimmerman in trouble.

2. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

That is absolutely ridiculous. The point of going to the movies isn't to deal with your existence, or the existence of your kid. I paid my money to enjoy the movie, if your child can't remain quiet and you can't find a babysitter that is your problem, stay home.

3. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

This thread isn't about bringing a child to the movies... It's about a coward douchey b!tch excuse for a man leaving his gf and her kids in a deadly situation while he worries only about himself.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This thread does not make me feel good about the future of the human race.

Although on the other hand...to see sam fischer and tallanover agree on something....

5. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Your thinking is hilariously selfish and borderline ridiculous.

"I hate people at movies I'll get them back by bringing my newborn to a midnight showing of the loudest movie ever. I'm a SUPER PARENT!"

6. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

yeah but that's black and white. He's a coward of supreme magnitude.

On the other hand, if you don't like perceived "rude" movie patrons, and your response to them is to bring your own newborn to have your back and respond to them for you by crying and ruining a movie for the whole theater - that could be construed as cowardly too.

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Maaaaaaaaaaaaan, this just opens up a can of worms, and I could start with why AMC 30 Dunvale makes me nuts (but I always have to choose between it and Edwards Greenway)....and, even though I know it's tough for a lot of the young (YOUNG!) couples with babies to get sitters....but how they'll sit there on their ****ing cell phones while the kids jabber the whole time....but if I say more I'll look like the ultra-selfish Hugh Grant character from "9 Months"....

Aaaaragh!

8. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Your comments fit better here:
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=224085

9. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Patrons like that (and, I'm sorry to say, you) are why I only go see movies at the Drafthouse now. They don't put up with that kinda crap.

10. Major

Major Member

And that's absolutely your right. Drafthouse saw an unserved market and addressed it and became really popular that way. You saw it fit your needs better, and changed your behavior to your benefit. That's the perfect solution and everyone wins.

11. Raven

Raven Member

Even without gunshots, a Hollywood action flick is too loud for tiny children. It will damage their hearing.

And what I think of this "man", I will keep to myself.

12. Raven

Raven Member

And we need laws that ban taking children to loud events where their hearing can be permanently damaged.