1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

#Linsanity is back?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jvu, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

That's called pride. It's a great thing but has very little to do with winning NBA basketball. Save it for FIBA and national pride.

Edit: I relapsed. I swore to myself I was staying out of these Lin threads. Great game for he and Asik tonight. I hope it continues. I have to believe the backcourt can find a way to coexist.

I'm out. Have a good time!

#81 Roxnostalgia, Dec 10, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  2. Jedster

Jedster Member

Best description yet!

3. lfw

lfw Rookie

Do you think it was a little bit of a coincidence that Lin had his best game when Harden was out? I don't know but it would be interesting if Harden is unable to go next game how Lin would do.

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Linsanity = losing? ;)

I'm happy for his personal success this evening. Hopefully the coaching staff will give him more responsibility and opportunity with the ball.

5. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

I honestly think it's the coaches. Unless the coaches have brainwashed Harden, but I think he's smarter than that. The real winners in basketball find out how to maximize their teammates talents. Harden strikes me as a winner.

6. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

She's the good luck charm for Lin...thanks Mirely...lol...now next time the Rockets win...

Sucks tonight was a depressing Houston sports day...

7. hooroo

hooroo Member

Nando de Colo was also subbed out. He's a White Chocolate clone. Flashy passes, no defense.

8. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

When Jeremy was on Linsanity mode, even a team like the Spurs started to crack. Then our coach decided to cool him off and kill the awesome momentum we had in the 4th and let the Spurs come back.

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Truly I hope they find a way to succeed together

10. Arthurprescott2

de Colo is a rookie, he'll get the hang of it. I think he'll be a pretty good in this league - shows promise.

11. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

Linsanity 2.0 has begun.

The haters and doubters are done.

Tonight proved last year was real, and there is nothing else to say. The bogus bunk "he's a fraud" stuff is over.

No more excuses. Now it's on McHale and his staff to get the best out of both Lin and Harden.

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

Why is it "hateful" to critique Lin's play? As Rockets fans don't we won't him to improve in areas so the team will be better as a result?

This blame on the coaching has to stop. Again, the Spurs adjusted their defense on Lin and it was just a variation of the same tactic used this season to make Lin ineffective.

13. dragonz

dragonz Member

really? more like he can finally has the ball in his hand most of time.

14. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

The problem is do the coaches see this?

15. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

if they don't, they're incompetent.

right now their biggest challenge is getting these two ball handling players to synergize with each other

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

for the new people I present:

Clutchfans vet move #2343 - "Bye bye _______"

The bye bye quote is used sarcastically in regard to good players for a humorous effect

17. dragonz

dragonz Member

Look, I'm not a LoF, but I think the area the Rockets as a team needs to improve is how to effectively use Lin as a FREAKY POINT GUARD, not another shoot-first-point-guard aka Tony Douglas the jackupshoots, and frankly Tony is better than Jeremy for being Tony.

It is coaches' job to mash Harden and Lin together, today's game is just an example of how they failed to do their job.

18. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

So in the beginning of the yar everyone was excited that we got Harden and that he was the star we were looking for and now we want to trade him away? We are not trading Harden....

19. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

I just fear that when harden comes back, the coaches will revert to the old system, and stubbornly try to make the unworkable work. They can't do that. Can they?

20. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Should read "year"