1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

#Linsanity is back?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jvu, Dec 10, 2012.

1. whitedog324

whitedog324 Member

Thanks to the coach, Rockets lost.

2. whitedog324

whitedog324 Member

Kyle Lowrey said the Rockets need to choose between him and McHale, now I understand why Lin struggled.

3. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

I liked that about him though its like even when he was dominating he was sharing the ball and making big plays. I think that inspires his team mates to play hard as well not just him.

4. SK34

SK34 Member

This is the thing thats annoying. 1 great game and ya'll are saying Linsanity is back or close to be or asking that it is back... etc... Like man, Let the dude be consistent. He had hell of a game. I'm glad. This is good going forward. But after 1 good game, he goes back to being not good. I wanna see him do good the next 5 straight games with at least 15+ pts or something.

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

The Spurs shutdown Linsanity again when it mattered. Teams have had success in defending Lin by not respecting his shot.

It helped that it was Green and not Nando de Colo too.

However, Green while he was guarding Lin at the perimeter, he also semi-slacked/backed off a bit and hedged/funnelled him into Timmy waiting near the FT line.

What teams have been doing previously is to have Lin's defender already at the FT area then have a help defender hedge when Lin tried to drive.

Pullup jumpers would've broken down this Spurs tactic, ie force Green to guard him closely which would allow him to beat his man and open up lanes again to score or dish. He didn't do this and just dribbled to nowhere.

The same ol' story that's been happening all season. Lin still hasn't worked out this defense.

6. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

Linsanity = wins

Nice stats but no WIN

7. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Harden needs to stop ball hogging. Hero ball will get us nowhere. Hopefully it's out of his system and sees that he actually has good teammates.

8. muas2010

muas2010 Member

I hate to admit it, but I blame this loss strictly on the coaches for making a few bad subs with Lin. If they did the same subbing routing as with Harden, the Rockets probably would have pocketing this game. Great overall game by a lot of the players. Let's see what's up the coaches sleeves when Hardin is back. It's going to take time, but a solid Hardin/Lin combo with improved play by Parsons and Asik is going to be fun to watch.

9. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

I believe only trade him after Dec 15th. 18 games played between Lin Harden and they seem gel that for sure.

10. HOU_ROCKETS1

HOU_ROCKETS1 Member

1 game and his back? lmao how many games have we seen linsanity back 2? lol

11. kwongadong

kwongadong Member

This team isn't coached to take mid range jumpers....only shots at the rim or the 3pt line.

12. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

If only Asik becomes Tyson Chandler type of good.

Don't give me wrong, Asik had a great game. But I just wish he could finish those easy buckets as well as Tyson. You just can't afford to miss those easy ones against an elite team like Spurs.

Plus Tyson Chandler and Jeffries play great interior defense. Rox with Patrick Patterson? Not so much.

13. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I don't like Lin shooting mid rage jumpers off the dribble. The spinning and turning into a shot is usually a low percentage shot when it's forced. He needs to focus on spot up three pointers. Spinning is great when it gets you a layup or an easy jumper, but the problem is he forces up bad shots when he does it instead of passing the ball out.

I think it's not a bad idea when there's time on the shot clock and he can dish it to someone else if he can't get a good look in rhythm.

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

It's a step back pullup jumper. IMO it's an underrated ability that helps seperate Nash from most of the league. It helps create more options for a PG.

15. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

Sure, is Harden going to be out the next 5 games?

16. Arthurprescott2

Also a ridiculously difficult shot to hit on a consistent basis.

17. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

You just don't get it. Linsanity isn't about 1 game or 2 or even 50. It isn't about 15 pts vs. 25 pts vs. 38 pts.

It's a feeling. A confidence. A phenomenon. You're watching but you think you're dreaming. The excitement from the crowd when all are on their feet. The bench is standing and hugging each other. When one man can't miss and yet everyone on the team is involved. When this one man who hates being in the spotlight... is owning the whole arena.

2 people like this.
  18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Let's just be happy Lin isn't a bust.

3 of our starters have NEVER BEEN STARTERS BEFORE.

Let's give them time to figure it out.

19. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

One thing is clear. Lin dribbling past half court and passing it to Harden for ISO has not worked well -- no matter which side of Lin you're on, I couldn't imagine anyone wanting more of that.

My suggestion is for Lin to run the pick and roll with Harden setting the pick. That I think would open up many good possibilities.

20. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Lin and the team were in the zone at some point in the 4th and McHale decided to give him a few minutes rest and the Spurs went on a 7 or 9-0 run. Yeah, maybe he needed the rest but come on!