1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Linsanity always begins with NY Knicks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by coolweather, Nov 23, 2012.

1. just a word

just a word Member

Actually, for this reason I was cringing at this game, because of the expected (highly athletic) traps... but Lin kept his composure and handle better than he did last year, I agree. However he could use improvement in decision-making (speed) and handle. I think his decision-making this go-around was fairly sound, but if he'd made them a bit faster that probably would've helped Asik and Patterson a bit more time to finish better.

But that comes with time and experience, and at least there's improvement.

(I think he still hasn't figured out how to score with a trap situation, but Harden's in the same boat, so I guess they'll just have to learn as a team on that one.)

2. lfw

lfw Rookie

I think it would be better for Lin, unless he can show he has a better handle with his left hand, to just pass out of a trap than to try and dribble out of it because teams will try to force him left and then trap him looking for a turnover.

3. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

Hello. New here, but now new to Houston sports. I've been following since Akeem played in Houston. Not the Rockets, but the Cougars (therefor Akeem, not Hakeem). I've watched Earl Campbell live.

I'm enjoying watching the new Rockets overachieve. Analysts had us at 28 out of 30 in the preseason. My favorite impact player thus far . . . Omer.

Just a comment on Lin for this thread. his current play isn't nearly his peak -- that we'll see later -- and I think we'll see that several members here were shortsighted.

2 people like this.
  4. just a word

just a word Member

That's true. Which is why I don't think Sampson is entirely wrong about teams forcing Lin left; and it isn't that he can't or won't go left, he's just not as strong/fast-reactive on that side. Then again, this is one of the things that Lin has been working on, so there's that. I'm thinking it may take awhile for him to integrate all the things he's learning (new team, new schemes, new playbook, etc.) but that once he does we might see some really brilliant stuff.

imo, it's sorta like learning proper typing after typing only with two fingers: you'll be slow at first and make lots of mistakes, but will be faster/better in the long run.

5. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

Welcome, I like your post.

I'm looking forward to seeing our backcourt's progression over the next couple of years.

6. Midrangej

Midrangej Member

I was bored and watched some old jeremy lin 2010 summer league highlights...it struck me how quick he was there...and FEARLESS

He's definitely lost a little with that knee injury, and the way he plays now, you can tell that contract inhibits his play as in he has a lot more to lose now.

7. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

vs Utah. 19 pts, 8 assists.

8. SugarLandDream8

Lin did well against the Knicks

He outplayed Lowry against the Raptors

Now Lin was the top player in the win against the hated Jazz.

Lin seems to have build up some momentum. Maybe Feb 2013 might be as special for Lin as Feb 2012. Fingers crossed.

1 person likes this.
  9. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Since NY, Lin's numbers in 4 games:

13.5 ppg, 7.3 apg, 4.3 rpg, 2.3 spg, 3 tpg, on 57 percent shooting, 43 percent from 3 point.

Not Linsanity yet, but pretty good.

10. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

He may be controlling his tempo more carefully to prevent re-injury. If anything, his contract would actually encourage him to be just as if not more aggressive because his roster spot is secured & his salary is guaranteed via team insurance in case of injury.

#150 djperm, Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  11. SK34

SK34 Member

?????????????