1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Linsanity always begins with NY Knicks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by coolweather, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Exel

Exel Member

Jeremy should wear a mouth guard.

2. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

meh...baby steps. I'm still rooting for the guy hard, but he's really not showing the aggressive mentality that's needed to succeed in the NBA.

3. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

Just shut up and dont click on a Lin thread... for christ sake

Lin has been sucking it up... while today dosent mean sheit..

as he just played okay...

his fans are probably looking for any signs of what they saw last year...

I for one dont plan to hang around and watch Lin fashioned into a 3 point shooting guard...

but if you dont want to see LOFs happy their favorite player actually didnt stink up a game for once

dont click onto the fricken thread...

4. nono

nono Member

Give him a break. He had a decent game, considering how he has been playing for the last few games. He needs to pick it up but hopefully this is a good game to build confidence.

5. nono

nono Member

I also wish Sampson had just kept him in at the end and let him shoot more to get over his funk.

6. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

btw its one thing to imply it... another to show us the quotes from LOFs who thinks Lin is a star?

most LOFs think he is a young player with potential....thats about it...

we do believe he is not being used properly...

and if he was going to be used as a Shooting Guard here... i would have rather he stay and played with the Knicks...

sure he would be sucking it up shooting wise over there too...

but at least he would be

getting a lot more assist dumping it off to Melo at the elbow

7. SK34

SK34 Member

Lol. Are Lin fans not delusional? 1 decent game and it becomes the rise of linsanity again. Smh.

i wish lin the best but calm down with the hype. It was only for 1 week and he hasn't proven himself after that.

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Lin actually had a good game tonight. What more could you ask for?

1 person likes this.
  9. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Nah that would be too obvious and look more embarrassing for Lin. If he misses, just more assurance that he's horrible at shooting and if he makes it, it's just padding his stats. Toney Douglas hitting some 3's was the best way to go.

10. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

no you just dont have any reading comprehension....

how hard is it to understand the OP of this thread... is basically hoping this is the start of Linsanity 2.0

dude is on your fricken team... too you know...

seems to me some dude ran on a platform of hope... in the USA 4 years latter after not doing much got re-elected again

11. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Tonight was the first time we've seen Jeremy Lin make a point guard move when he spun the back up PG twice on that one possession and then he was able to get Felton once. He was doing that a lot in NY, so maybe he's just starting to get his knees back. It wasn't Linsanity, but in tonight was definitely encouraging at least.

1 person likes this.
  12. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

Could be... it takes longer than fans think. I'll be glad when he gets his legs back.

On the other hand, Pablo is 35 and Felton is... not that good.

13. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Y'all are ridiculous in these assumptions that he's being used wrong....we have a great backcourt...and Harden had 9 dimes, and got to shoot 16-16 from the FT line...If Lin wants to be utilized he can utilize himself, in the Offense by making shots, and penetrating, even off the ball, when he gets open, and gets the pass....These are excuses, excuses, excuses....Dude when Lin was going crazy and being "I guess utilized well" both of the NYK starters were out, well when Harden was gone with the flu, what did Lin do? one game, as a Rocket, but he still didn't step up, he's a liability on D, even though his D does lead to fast breaks, and he gambles on his steals, which turns out well..

He has High BBALL IQ-He doesn't have the same confidence, and playing on a whim, and the whole scouting report thing is out on him...He's playing ok, but just ok...He isn't shooting well, and that's our main concern...the TO's are bc basically as a team we turn the ball over a bunch, this season, and Lin isn't the only one part of that...He's young, and this is basically his first FULL year as a starter, on his "own team" at one point, until Harden and Asik said SUP?!-But anyways, Lin is still capable of putting up 20 and 10 any night he decides to start playing with confidence...Harden took all the weight off Lin's shoulders, and Lin is still not able to capitalize, yet...I'll stick up for him even though I think he needs to practice his shot, day and night when off...Maybe it is his knee, maybe it was his confidence being taken away when Harden got here haha jk CAN YOU IMAGINE, this team without Harden, man Lin would be playing "IN LOF's praised UTILIZED CORRECTLY SETS" and we'd be HORRIBLE, with not a chance at another star to come here...well Thanks James...and Asik, and Parsons for stepping up, bc Lin got paid, and he has just been playing the Rafer Role, which people seem to point to as well, Rafer by the Rafer role I point out is bricking shots, thank god he doesn't shoot as many shots as Rafer did, but laughing right now, bc Rafer ran the Offense pretty pretty pretty well as a Rocket...he just wasn't a good shooter, he had his "STREAK"-y days (YOU SEE WHAT I DID THERE), but Rafer, sorry to say ran a better team than Lin has so far this year, and last year doesn't count in the Rockets forum...so anyways no bashing, just Lin needs to figure it out, drive to the hoop, shoot the mid range shot, or start shooting the 3 better...actually all of the above better, but there are many ways to have Lin active, it isn't him being utilized wrong, I just don't get your theory....Quitten wasn't utilized "right", until we found out the real deal, and saw him magically score 30 plus from all over the place in game 3 of the playoffs with the lakers, until...dun dun dun game 5 where he dribbles off his own legs, and gives Kobe the steal, Quitten a sight to behold on not "utilized" correctly until....we realized it was him with the attitude....

Look Lin is not Eddie Griffen he isn't playing out of place, and he is still the PG he gets the ball, and brings it up A LOT....Harden is a superior facilitator, and scorer, and "downhill" (gets to the basket, for a lay up/dunk, or FTs) player, Lin needs to figure this out....He has not used the PnR to his advantage much...The one play Lin does have is the backdoor play, he can thread the needle on that play...but see there lies the lesson, Lin needs to learn he isn't the only one that can make a backdoor pass, say Harden drives D collapses in, and magically Asik catches the ball now everyone is around Asik and Harden unless he moves on out, that leaves Lin wide open if he cuts, or moves at all...and he has a layup off the Asik pass if he cuts towards the basket, or a jump shot he can chose to settle for...Look even JKidd had to learn how to be a spot up 3 pt. shooter...it took him a lot longer though, and Kidd was the better all around player...even though he beat his wife....I regress, but Lin is being utilized well, maybe not to his full potential, but time will tell with this young team...not like he is averaging 4 pts. and 2 asst., and 12 TOs like Rafer at times would for series of 10 plus games, on 2/18 shooting....Lin is smart, young, and BEING UTILIZED FINE....Harden is the superior player plain and simple this is why Harden gets to bring the ball up, and create...Lin needs to learn....all the greats learn....

Nash knew how to get open after dishing the rock to Barbosa, or Amare....

14. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

my point exactly, Lin did something different last night. Maybe he watched the movie "Brave" before the game. He looked comfortable again on the court and it was against the team that wants him to fail.

15. raspar

raspar Member

Are you trying to say for a second there, you were actually smart and successful?

16. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Linsanity was about an underdog who played a stretch of unbelievably good games to rescue a disorganized overpaid underachieving team and salvaged an otherwise lost season.

Lin is no longer considered an underdog, and the Rockets are not disorganized or overpaid, and will not be underachieving. We don't need a Linsanity performance per se. Just continue with the great team effort and win it together as a team. Personal stats are overrated unless you're looking for a big contract.

1 person likes this.
  17. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

This is one good way to put it. Tweet it so Lin will feel better, seriously.

What we've been missing previously was, it was like we were playing 4 people on the court. At least last night we felt like he was playing (with +24), and he was smiling with confidence.

And hopefully this will continue...

18. iconoclastism

iconoclastism Member

At least you can understand them They probably speak 2-3 languages, doing well in school or have high paying jobs.

What's so hilarious about it? After watching a game of basketball we all still have to go back to work.

I am being neutral just so you know.

19. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

Icon ur ruthless man.....dayuummm :)

20. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Better shooting, yes. Hopefully, it gives him confidence. But he was almost nonexistent this game. Kept deferring to Harden.