1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kelvin Sampson Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The mighty Sampson beat the Warriors on the road in the 2nd night of back to back! Great work, coach!

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

He did a much better job on rotations tonight. Either James, Dwight, or Chandler was in the game at one point.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So Sampson=Samson

4. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Looks like McHale should come off the bench.

1 person likes this.
  5. EnergyGuy

EnergyGuy Rookie

Let's give Finch and Bickerstaff two games each and see if they can do 1-1 as well ...

6. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Samsin pls

7. filamswag

filamswag Rookie

so one game we criticize him then the next game praise him??? haha ok clutcfans stay classy :)

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Took some balls to trust D-Mo out there in such important moments of the game.

Pretty amazing that a coach like this doesn't have a head coaching job, but a player that has never coached in his life in his first year out of retirement can get a super high profile job.

9. NotChandlerParsons

Now you're gettin it!

10. markusbrutus

markusbrutus Member

Nah, if sampson was coach harden would be dead before the play offs due to extreme fatigue. Lol

Good thing we got to have a day of rest.

11. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

12. markusbrutus

markusbrutus Member

Lol. He had nowhere to turn to. Dwight had 5 fouls. Asik and smith is injured. Who does he got left? Sampson didn't play dmo because he got the guts to do so, he played dmo out of necessity.

But i agree, our sampson is better than Kidd. In his first year coaching, kidd even has trouble with his assistant coaches. Lol

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Smith was reported to be good to go for GSW or the Kings.
    Some precaution there.

14. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

Honestly I didn't like his rotations these last two games that much. But we won this one so I can't complain. I far prefer mchale (who I think is an excellent coach)

I guess the only thing that pissed me off was him benching dwight almost the whole 4th quarter because of 5 fouls. Stephen curry had 5 fouls but mark jackson still played him. I agree with the philosophy that itsusually not smart to oversit players with foul trouble. Its almost ironic that you sit your star player because your afraid of being forced to sit your star player

15. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

Overall props to sampson though. He did a good job. Can't wait for mchale to come back though.

16. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

''If we're going to chase our goals and the dreams that we have for our season, we have to win games like tonight,'' said Rockets assistant Kelvin Sampson, who filled in for Kevin McHale for the second game in a row following the death of the coach's mother.

''I kind of figured it was our night when D-12 knocked that 3 down from the corner and made seven straight free throws,'' Sampson said, referring to Howard's 3-pointer in the second quarter. ''I'm not sure he's ever done that in practice.''

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/harden-helps-houston-hold-off-062617440--nba.html

Sampson, this year and last, is great for rallying this team behind each other, their coaches and their common goals...

17. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Dmo hasn't played bad, I really hope they play him over Smith. We already know what we have in Smith, it's time to give Dmo some real playing time.

18. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

Dude Ilove your username!!! That's my favorite movie. The soundtrack by bobby womack is insane

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Obligatory: small sample size

20. dragician

dragician Member

how come you didn't make this thread last Thursday after Blazer's game?