1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kelvin Sampson Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Dec 14, 2013.

1. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

I think our defense is better this time, but offense still sucks. Harden ISO all game long

2. Remii

Remii Member

Don't argue with the process when the desired results are achieved...

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Because Sampson did not do as good a job. He has really improved.

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Sampson reminds me of toaster. He crisp the bread around he edges.

5. ada32

ada32 Member

Appreciation Thread is normally for staff leaving and express our appreciation for their service.

Carl, is your Uncle/Barber has some inside information about Coach Sampson leaving the Rockets? :grin: :grin: :grin:

6. Solaris

Solaris Member

Have Sampson coach the starting unit and have McHale coach the bench. Sampson is obviously a better 'fit' with the starting unit and provides the 'defense' intensity they needed. McHale can even win the 6th coach of the year award, a prestigious award.

7. Remii

Remii Member

I for one like Sampson. And I believe he would be a good head coach and if McHale wasn't to return _ the Rockets would be just fine.

8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I like Samson. Moreso because he emphasizes ball movement and less ISO's and is not afraid to call out James Harden if the ball gets too sticky unlike McHale. So far, he also has a good grasp of when to call timeouts.

9. dragician

dragician Member

yeah, he's a fast learner.

10. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

Carl, I think you should create a " Kelvin Sampson's Parents Appreciation Thread" :grin:

11. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

Were we watching the same game? Harden didn't iso very much at all, and if he couldn't create an open shot off his iso he passed it off successfully everytime

12. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Which one of you asses gave his jawbone for the slaughter?

1 person likes this.
  13. beastlyball

beastlyball Member

I've been a Rockets fan since the early 90's. Discovered this forum in the mid 2k, but kept away because the fan base seems a bit unhinge. One day, God, the next day Dog. Cluthfans at its finest.

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

His brother was one of the all-time great Rockets.

15. Solaris

Solaris Member

Sampson is not afraid to call out players for bad defense during interview. All you hear from McHale during interviews is 'ball was sticky' or 'let the ball do the work'

16. N/A

N/A Member

Man, that's not even funny. He makes Mchale look great and that's saying something. How about we give Finch a shot?

17. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

bye bye Sampson

18. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I dunno about you , but I'm not all that thrilled with Sampson's handling of that game - particularly allowing Curry to play the entire 2nd quarter and part of the 3rd with three fouls and never attacking him to get that 4th and send him to the bench.
    With Curry on the bench the Rockets have a clear advantage in talent on the court .... this game is much easier to win and Speights going off is probably irrelevant.

Curry picked up 3 fouls in 7 minutes then went roughly 56% of the remaining minutes without another foul. Coaches and players have to pay more attention to the game situations. That could be the difference between winning and losing a playoff game.

19. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Make that "before picking up another foul."

20. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

It means little to me whether a coach calls out a player in public. What matters is whether they do it in the locker room.