1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Innes SR610AM: "ClutchFans hate me!"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dram1, Dec 21, 2011.

1. texian

texian Member

Seth wins...

Lance/John did a bit on The Bench with "Jocko" who witnessed the scrap that was pretty funny.

2. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Josh is a douche. I can't believe I used to like him when he was on 610

3. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

I really only listen to Mad Radio and the triple threat. Seth sometimes goes overboard, but I find it funny.

I'll tune into 790 when I'm driving and there is a rockets game on.

I can't stand John Lopez. I also personally don't like Texans radio. Something about John Harris gets on my nerves. He talks...like this...with too many pauses...and then...its like...like....this like....

I don't know. Just hate listening to him. Sometimes he announces Sam Houston state games and its annoying.

Another Brother and Kam like this.
  4. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

So Braddock is not on air today.

This goes to show that 790 management would punish Braddock who spoke the truth on air, rather than punish Innes who gets in a verbal yelling match with a competor amongst the company of his industry peers, gets the company booted out of an event fully paid / sponsored by Gallery Furniture, and acts as he's the victim to a plot he instigated.

You've gotta be kidding me, right?

5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm willing to bet that the Station Director gave Innes his blessing. There's a reason why he was brought back to Houston......somebody at 790 loves him.

6. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Did they say why? Braddock was also saying yesterday that he'd Uber back to Houston. Obviously didn't mean literally but have to wonder if this was his own choice. He was pissed and rightfully so.

mikol13 and macho GRANDE like this.
  7. Nero

Nero Member

LOL.

For a bunch of guys who swear they never listen to the guy, and don't care about him, you all sure get your panties in a big bunch about the guy being on just one of the SIX sports radio stations in Houston.

Seriously, just don't listen.

Me, I basically started listening to sports talk back in the 90's, stumbled on Lance Z, then pretty much just tuned my dial in to whichever station he had migrated to. Used to be 610, then eventually wound up at 790.

That means along the way I have bee exposed to all those other guys at some point (with the exception of most of the current crop on 610, since I never listen to 610 at all), and it just goes to illustrate the fact that there is a wide range of tastes out there in listeners and in what they find entertaining.

For example: I liked Lance and Granato a lot. Vandermeer was ok when he came aboard. Hated.. hated.. HATED Rich Lord, and since he was paired with Charlie, I think that was possibly the worst radio listening experience ever. Two insufferable guys, both of whom think their lame takes are genius, AND both of whom are possibly the least funny human beings on the planet, who also happen think they are hilarious. So I admit I was probably permanently soured on Charlie from a long way back, and I absolutely could not stand listening to him on 790 repeat the exact same condescending shtick every damn day.. every... day..

Never listened to 610 when Innes was on the air there, so the only exposure I had re: him was the complaints about him on Clutchfans.. and so while I was not in any way sorry to see Charlie leave 790, I was quite surprised to hear that it was Innes who was taking his spot.

But. I have never been the type of person to let other people make my mind up for me. Clearly a lot of people ARE, but not me. So, I decided to listen with an open mind, since there is about zero chance I would go back to 610.

So I listened, expecting to be offended and outraged, because Clutchfans had deemed that it must be so. I guess because Innes and Morey don't get along, I don't know.

Anyway, no, Innes was not in fact instantly offensive and outraging. I actually found I liked the new show - it was certainly as different from Charlie's rudeness and bored exasperation as it could have possibly been.

So I listened more, and then they switched slots, since Lance was hanging it up.. and ok, I am enjoying the morning drive now more than I ever have before. So, I shrug my shoulders at all this wailing and gnashing of teeth.

And it certainly appears that the instigator of the 'confrontation' was Payne, not Innes. Was Innes and his producer trolling 610? Yeah, but that's what they were hired to do; to get under the skin of a bunch of thin-skinned stuffed-shirts. But it was Payne who made the whole thing happen by losing his temper and trying to start a fight.

Yes, I feel sorry for all the other guys who ended up not being able to stay in the mall, that 790 got 'kicked out' of Radio Row. But it sure seems like whoever did the 'kicking' didn't really do much of an investigation, and the truly guilty party seems to have come out of it unscathed.

Anyway.

So yeah, I'm glad Charlie is back on the air, and has a podcast so all you guys who worship at his altar can have something to listen to. So do it. And take a chill pill when it comes to guys and stations you don't even listen to. Otherwise, you're going to end up needing some extra blood pressure medicine.. lol

8. Granville

Granville Member

Seth and Josh came off looking petty.

9. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Nah don't agree. Josh's whole schtick is relying on the other person he's trolling to be the "bigger man" so he gets away with everything.

Charlie Murphy wise on these types:

[​IMG]

How you should handle him?

[​IMG]

10. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

No, didn't mention it at all

11. Granville

Granville Member

It was unprofessional of Seth to confront Josh and get in to a mean girls spat. Shoulda just reported Mudd and moved on.

12. texian

texian Member

Karma is a b!tch, and that dude has pulled some slimeball isht in the past re:Texans.

If Innes was brought back to get Braddock off the air, I’m good with that.

Now... fire Innes and we’re good all around.

LAM likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He probably left and went back to Houston, there's no point staying there if they can't be on radio row, it's just a constant reminder of how much of an embarrassment Josh Innes is.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't listen to him. But John & Lance covered it, so... and for anyone that listens to 610 (I don't) it becomes a story for them too. I wish it go no coverage. It's not at all interesting or surprising.

15. DOYG86

DOYG86 Member

How has Innes not been fired yet? So sad the state of sports radio when shock jocks are the only thing that matter anymore.

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

97.5 is the only good local sports radio. Outside of the blitz, that show stinks.

texian likes this.
  17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Innes is obviously a turd and a troll but Seth is a hot head. I'm surprised he could be provoked by something so stupid.

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

His "oh my gosh I'm so angry about something stupid going to yell now for a few minutes" routine is a big turn off.

likestohypeguy likes this.
  19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Let's everyone make a pact: No posting in this thread until Innes is gone from Houston.

Deal?

K mf G and mikol13 like this.
  20. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Agree to disagree...
    But yes I was referring to the ticket in dallas. I lived there ( yes I know fml) and I tried really hard to listen and like it. Coworkers would talk about it and I just never got it. There was never any sports talk and it was homoerotic cringe. It was brutal..in fact what are you saying man!??

for that demographic of dorky white guy they had their audience down pat and it works for them.

LA radio was like people in southern california in a way. Its funny how the radio reflects the people. LA radio was very formulaic and mailing it in..with a genuine lack of interest. Thats how LA people are though.