1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Innes SR610AM: "ClutchFans hate me!"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dram1, Dec 21, 2011.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I haven't listened to Houston sport talk radio for a single minute since Charlie left. Dave Ramsey podcast FTW.

On a personal note, I'm kind of disappointed that my buddy decided to hitch his trailer to a guy like Josh Ennis. I think he's going to end up regretting it which sucks, because he's nothing like that in real life. I hope he can weather this storm, even though it seems like he had a big part in creating it.

BTW, this was NOT staged. I can promise you that.

2. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Not to mention being pretty damn costly too. Sending all of your on-air personality and their support staff to Super Bowl week can't be cheap, especially since they could've just done it at home for free considering their current situation.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Charlie is BACK though, isn't he?

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Maybe, I don't know. I honestly just gave up on the whole sports talk genre a while back. You get better content on Clutchfans, frankly.

5. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Could you share some of these podcast names please? Never hurts to add more to the feed.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Charlie's show is good. I download the podcast every day.

ima_drummer2k and cdrive like this.
  7. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Ooh Charlie has a daily podcast!?!?!

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He has a radio show on 94.1 form 11-1. They upload each hour maybe an hour after broadcast. No ads! I love it.

cdrive likes this.
  9. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Someone at work brought this up (I work in Minneapolis). Didnt realize this involved Houston. There's no way this was staged. It costs a lot to get onto radio row. No amount of publicity is worth throwing away money on a table you can't use anymore.

10. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

[​IMG]

"He that lieth down with dogs shall rise up with fleas"

arkoe likes this.
  11. Roscoe Arbuckle

Dave Ramsey is fine talking about helping folks out of debt.
    He absolutely is ignorant on investment advice.

buffalobills!!! and Nook like this.
  12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

In addition to the charlie daily podcast, there's the pallilopod. There's also Houston Sport Talk, I believe its run by a fellow BBS member. All the Ringer stuff is good, especially the SB prop bet stuff. And, even though I've never been a huge celebrity type... some of the interview podcasts out there (Anna Ferris, etc.) are entertaining enough when the sports conversation gets mundane.

Then for the educational, can't beat this american life.

BMoney and vinsensual like this.
  13. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

All the shows besides 610 are available in podcast form these days. Personally I tune into:

1. All the Locked On podcasts with Ben dubose. Must listen for any serious rockets fan.

2. The John and Lance morning show on he ESPN 97.5 app.

3. The Charlie Pallilo daily show on the internet. Just google “Pallilo podcast”.

Live I’ll listen to the Seth and Mike on occasion. A bit too much Texans for my taste but Sethis really good.

I’m a Houston transplant living in st Louis now, so radio is the only way I stay grounded.

vinsensual likes this.
  14. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

So I didnt bother listening to sports radio in SoCal(LA) while I was there so I can't speak as to the quality of their shows and hosts.
    As for Dallas sports radio, I'm not sure if you've listened to it or for how long you've listened to it and the three main stations. I guess I'm a Houstonian but I also lived in DFW long enough to compare both and it's no contest. I could group up ALL the Houston sports radio stations, their shows and hosts and they still wouldn't even come close to measuring up to what listeners get from 1310 the Ticket, their shows and hosts over in Dallas. Not. Even. Close. Either in terms of sports analysis or actual fun bits which I'm assuming you were referring to with your 99% statement.

Yeah that's a no from me re. the majority of Houston sports radio and the shows on them.

15. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Isn't Mattress Mac footing the bill to send 790 to radio row? Isn't he the sponsor that allows them to do that? I heard Josh Innes talking this morning saying he spoke with Mac and they seem to be on good terms and then I guess one of the producers made a face signaling that is not the case to which Josh said on air "Am i reading your expression correctly? Is that not the case" or something along those lines.

16. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Are you sure ?

People in Minnesota are talking about it, and posters are tuning into 790 to hear what's happening.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  17. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

That's the thing though. Any listeners that 790/Innes gain from this will be short term, flash in the pan.

If his trolling style worked he wouldn't have been fired twice and would have better ratings by now.

Houstunna likes this.
  18. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Some will be short term, but saying "any" means 100% - which probably isn't accurate.

For Devil's Advocate sake... he's been HIRED three times ;)

Hopefully 790 improves its lineup though.

19. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

LOL. Stearn is total garbage now. He's nothing but a whiney Yenta who went complete PC so he could finally have access to all of the Hollywood elite while at his home in the Hamptons. 3 shows a week, all scripted...even the "funny" phone calls are scripted. If you enjoy Stearn you need to Youtube his old shows when Jackie was in the chair or the Sirius days when Artie was there, especially before 2008. Best radio ever then imo.

20. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I never listen to Josh on 790. Saying that, I totally turned it on this am to see if Josh would talk some mess about Seth Payne.

Surely Josh didn't lose anyone over this incident(Everyone knows he is a troll) and I am sure I wasn't the only one curious.

Good for them.

610 is tough to listen to during the Texans off season. Josh is a good listen for baseball. To each his own.