1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden is gonna get screwed over again in MVP Voting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HardenTime, Jan 1, 2017.

1. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

It was.

They said it was nothing because "Denver didn't bother to play defense."

BigMaloe, AirBud#10, DonKnock and 3 others like this.
  2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

And he historically has a vote, unlike most of the talking heads cited in this thread.

Deuce, DonKnock and Obito like this.
  3. Lightsnowaction

Not saying that Westbrooke is MVP, but I'm amazed at how the Thunder can even win games without spacing and a bad bench.
    Their starting lineup is worse in terms of spacing than the Bulls had with Rondo-Wade-Gibson-Lopez. And they have probably the worst backup PG of any playoff team.

So, how are they seriously 11 games above .500?

4. engr chris

engr chris Member

I wouldn't mind Harden losing the MVP. Both guys deserve the award. Plus it would lit a fire under him ala Dream '95

#1884 engr chris, Mar 27, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    ISOBall likes this.
  5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

People keep saying this and it completely infuriates me. Not everybody reacts to disappointing news by going on a tear. What more do you even think he's capable of?? He's already pouring everything he has onto the court. He DESERVES to win. That's why he should.

Besides, Dream WON in '94, so unless Harden had won 2 years ago, it's not even a logical comparison.

BigMaloe, split41, DonKnock and 3 others like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

What kind of logic is this?

7. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Westbrook making it hard for his haters to hate him. I love it

8. split41

split41 Member

If Harden doesn't win the MVP this year, I'm going to be so livid. Why aren't any of there any knowledgable talking heads around?

All I keep hearing is Westbrook is doing more with less and has a trip-dub average that hasn't been done since Oscar, well a trip-dub is an arbitrary number. You can change the stat the last player to average 28,11,8 over the season and it was also Oscar...no one else since has done it and Westbrook won't join that club.

I just watched this (vid below) and so much dumb talk, first dumb Westbrook is playing with scrubs narrative (no one wants to acknowledge that our team is full of journeymen and nobody thought we'd be this good preseason - the thunder are right around preseason predictions), then Amin says Wilt who averaged 50,20+ beat the big O for MVP his trip-dub year?...wrong! It was Russell, secondly how about mentioning things that only 1 player has ever done?

The most 50 point triple-doubles in a season
    First player to score 2000 and assist on 2000 pts
    The most 40 point triple doubles in a season

All Harden records! I don't hear anybody mentioning these feats by Harden.

Where the **** are the knowledgeable talking heads to defend Harden against this absolutely biased narrative? What does Harden have to do for the media to actually acknowledge what he's done?

It's sickening, WB has had a great season, but anyone who has looked into the stats clearly knows he doesn't deserve MVP. Only brainwashed, unknowledgeable fans/voters would vote WB over Harden, and it looks like the voters are as idiotic as I thought. At least Harden will at least make an all-nba team this year...

#1888 split41, Mar 27, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Harden has to win one of these games against Golden State.

10. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

You proved my point. That's not "coverage". That's shade

BigMaloe and DonKnock like this.
  11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

no he doesn't. did westbrook win any games vs gsw?

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The really smart ones are probably waiting to the end of the season to make up their minds.

BigMaloe likes this.
  13. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

because they are good at home

14. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Almost none of these talking heads have had a vote in the past. When you let them get you worked up, consider the fact that their opinions will impact the outcome about as much as ours will. I highly doubt a legitimate voter leaning towards Harden will change his or her mind based on what Skip Bayless or Max Kellerman have to say.

Fyreball, slothy420, BigMaloe and 4 others like this.
  15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

LOL, They haven't been grading Harden on the same scale as Westbrook. Harden's road is much harder, more unfair.

J.R. and split41 like this.
  16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

@KlutchQT is making too much sense right now, but I'm still filled with rage and discontent!

Deuce, BigMaloe, Vivi and 2 others like this.
  17. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

The real question is can Utah and the Clippers hold onto the 4 and 5 seeds? The Jazz, Clippers and Thunder have 8, 7 and 9 games left. OKC trails them by 2.5 and 1 game.

Jazz
    @SAC
    Was
    @SA
    Portland
    Sota
    @Portland (B2B)
    @GS
    SA

Clippers
    Was
    @pho
    LA
    Dallas
    @SA
    Hou
    Sac

Thunder
    @Orl
    SA
    Cha
    Mil
    @Mem (B2B)
    @pho
    @Den
    @min
    Den (B2B)

Vivi and DonKnock like this.
  18. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

**** u talking about man?

Reeko, BigMaloe, DonKnock and 3 others like this.
  19. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Harden just gotta keep winning games and putting up the numbers. I seriously think there is a silent majority of voters who think further a field than raw numbers. I'm confident. I didn't feel this way two seasons ago.

20. oelman44

oelman44 Member

West: 11. Houston Rockets 38-44
    8. Houston Rockets Proj. record: 41-41

Literally the top 2 pre-season projection results I found on google. Both had Thunder multiple spots ahead of Rockets.

The fact that this explosion was so unexpected is completely overlooked by voters. I know it's redundant but to me it's the main reason Harden is so deserving, and most fans don't even consider it. Voters will always trend to the circlejerk. Triple-Double's, splash bros, etc.

DudeWah likes this.