1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden is gonna get screwed over again in MVP Voting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HardenTime, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

This b****...

Cash Cam likes this.
  2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Son of a b****. ******* Mavpricks.

3. HRox832

HRox832 Member

I always see you commenting negative bs in this thread. Keep your hopes up.

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Does this little b**** have a vote?

EDIT: nope

I'm also starting to produce too much salt over this MVP thing...better get some sleep, see you tommorrow guys lol

DonKnock, jae713 and BigMaloe like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol at the comments below.... Brady came up.

6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

lol the Mavs

BigMaloe likes this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

the 1 thing I disagreed with in that article was this statement...

"For the sake of transparency, let's be clear that there's no wrong vote in this election. Picking from Harden, Westbrook, James and Leonard is like picking the Miss America winner out of the lineup of finalists. Hard to get it wrong."

Voting for Lebron is definitely a wrong vote. That's not even debatable. I understand that some people will vote for Westbrook and Leonard instead of Harden. Anyone who votes for Lebron should be laughed at and shunned.

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

if he wasn't stat hunting so much maybe the thunder would beat shitty teams like the mavs with ease like the rockets do.

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

@DreamShook and I must continue the anti-jinx

slothy420, DonKnock and DreamShook like this.
  10. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

So they beat the Mavs by one point and everyone's freaking out saying Westbrook is mvp again? You gotta be ****ing kidding me

11. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

yeah i was perusing nba.com after posting that. and yes, online stats have come a long way. sometimes i think adam silver is just a stats nerd who wanted all these stats on nba.com just so he could see them, because i can't imagine the general public cares enough about the incredible depth of stats on nba.com to justify collecting them. but i'll take it.

anyway, i guess maybe i meant more that it would be good if it was more known like TS% has become. not that TS% is that well known, but people talking stats at least bring it up. True assists (or just points assisted for) would be nice to hear about because it's what really matters. getting 6 3-point assists should be just as important as 9 2-point assists because you theoretically have to throw a lot more potential assist passes to get the 6 3 pointers the fact harden could account for the most points ever should mean something against "look at all the triple doubles." not that average a 30 point triple double isn't incredible in and of itself.

yeah that would be cool. basically the "true" assist percentage. harden presumably kills in that stat.

12. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Goddamnit... If the Mavepricks just got one more stop to prevent that epic collapse, the MVP is all but locked up for Harden right now. ONE DAMN STOP.

What sucks is that the MVP is the only thing left for the Rockets to play for since they're all but guaranteed the third seed, but the Thunder could still fall anywhere from 4th to 7th, so they're still fighting for their playoff lives. What happens in these last few games is probably going to be amplified to the media, even though the decision should have already been made.

But whatever, as long as OKC just goes cold for a couple games, Harden should be fine. A loss or two to teams like Orlando should seal it. All the Thunder have to do is finish 6th or 7th...

ScolaIsBallin likes this.
  13. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Harden game winner last Monday wasn't even covered

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden better win the MVP this year. I can't go through this bull**** a 3rd time.

DonKnock and Stormy1234 like this.
  15. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Third time? Unless you're talking about JJ Watt, I'm not sure what the second time was...

But yeah, I think the fact that he didn't get it in 2015 is part of why he'll get some more votes this year.

ISOBall likes this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

this would be the 2nd time if he were to not get it

if he doesn't get it this time then I can't go through a 3rd season hoping that he wins the award for the 1st time

DonKnock, heypartner and BigMaloe like this.
  17. JazzLakerHater

Lol Mavs!

I've been saying it for a while. Harden is absolutely not winning it this year. The media is so far up Westbrook's ass. It is unbelievabl.

DudeWah likes this.
  18. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

vince young and harden twice. the goalposts seem to be ever-moving when my player is up for the top award. if only harden had hit a game-winner recently against a mediocre team.

DonKnock and heypartner like this.
  19. touring_low

touring_low Member

Fkn Mavs, I was all happy they had a 13pt lead then I look at box score to see Thunder won by 1pt smh. Media's really gonna jock ride Westbrook more now thanks to Mavs choke. POS ass franchise.

20. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

media piling on