1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

IYO, What Was the Worst Trade the Rockets Ever Did?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Manny Ramirez, Jan 24, 2007.

1. stangend77

stangend77 Member

quittin pippen.......he sucked and was arrogant

2. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Barkley more than matched Sampson's production in 2 of those three years, Drexler more than matched his production in one of those three years. Even if you considered Sampson equal to Barkley, and you ignored the rest of the time Barkley would have been here, that would be like turning down Drexler for free. Passing on Drexler for free would still be one of the worst moves.

3. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

Chucky Brown was in that trade, needlessly, which has sunk our karma to this day. Thanks for ensuring us another decade bad luck by leaving him out.

4. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Oh yeah, he was - sorry. :(

5. serious black

serious black Contributing Member

And Elie was not.

6. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Chucky who? ;)

7. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

if memory serves me correctly, nobody realized anything at the time. Elliott failed his physical and the trade was rescinded.

BTW - this is from memory only, not any recent research, so there's some chance I could be wrong here.

8. GreatRox

GreatRox Member

the worst i can think of is a deal during the 2002-2003 season, right at the beginning of the season.

We give out Yao + 1 first round draft pick and received Shawn Bradly...

that was the worst one of all. :D

9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Stacey Augmon is STILL playing! I can see Cassell or Horry sticking around in the league. Clifford Robinson, Darrell Armstrong even. Whats this guy done since '97? Just shows even more the Rockets got the bad players and actual contributors went to other teamrs.

10. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

I'm too young to remember the Hayes for Marin trade.

In my basketball memory, the worst trade was the Barkley for Robert Horry and Sam Cassell, Mark Bryant, and Chucky Brown trade. Might have worked if Chuckles was a few years younger, but he was clearly past his prime when we signed him. That said, I do appreciate that he re-signed for the veteran's minimum when he could have bolted for more money.

Barkley made the Rockets painful to watch. He would catch the ball on the baseline, stick his fat ass into the player guarding him, dribble for 15 seconds while trying to back the player guarding him towards the basket, turn and shoot. Meanwhile, Hakeem and Clyde's talents were wasting away.

Worst free agent signing was signing Quitten for 5 years and 67 mill. What a waste.

11. yaopao

yaopao Contributing Member

Augmon was a horrible fit for Rudy T., who creamed his undies for any SF with a jump shot (Turckan, Rice, etc).

I value guys like Augmon who can be defensive stoppers down the stretch. Rudy saw the SF position as guys who have to hit the open shot, even if they can't do anything else at all.