1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

"One trick pony with a very toxic contract going forward. (Anderson)

I've been saying the same thing about Capella as well."

You said... Anderson is a one trick pony with a very toxic contract going forward.. then you immediately said you have been saying the same thing about Capella as well.

Thus you said Capella is a one trick pony with a very toxic contract going forward.

But yes I never passed the 2nd grade, how does it feel to be stuck in kindergarten?

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I rewatched every minute Capela played and entirely focused on him.

I stick with my earlier post. Bad game by Capela, he didn't impose hisself nearly enough on either side of the court, he had bad positioning a couple times, got beat down the court on a play, fumbled a pass, mis jumped on a lob, got blocked by WB on a lob (but that was mostly a very impressive play by WB).

That being said, he wasn't nearly as bad he's being made out to be. About half the plays that looked bad on him, were really the fault of others. Harden, Lou and Gordon made multiple plays where they made bad decisions trying to force the ball to Clint that didn't work out (turnovers, blocked shot, miss). Clint was getting doubled on the dishes and they should of swung the ball on the perimeter. On defense, multiple plays when he came to help nobody switched on his man quick enough, and then when on a turnover nobody picked up his man going down the court on a fast break. Adams scored 11 on Capela, 7 on Nene (which is bad because Capela only played 18 minutes) but again, I counted 6 of those points being on poor switching, and a fast break.

The whole he didn't set picks thing by Hollic, seems like BS. One, half the time Harden (and our other pnr ball handlers) don't even allow the big to actually set the pick because they start going before the man is set, on top of that it's very obvious that MDA has Clint, Nene and Anderson slipping a large amount picks on purpose. Clint set multiple solid picks on and off ball outside of that as well.

Clint also made multiple defensive plays against Kanter/driving wings, altering shots and grabbing boards.

Bad game by Capela, 2 bad games by Capela, but entirely overblown. He had 2 good first games, he has 2 seasons of solid games to back him as a player. Plus, he's still 22 and is still improving both physically and mentally .

Deuce, Batman Jones and anchel like this.
  3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nene can not get the majority of the minutes. He is old and his body can't take it. You would destroy him if you played him 30 minutes a night - he wouldn't be able to walk by the 2nd round.

Capela isn't going to develop much more than you see. He doesn't have a jump shot, he can't shoot a free throw, and beyond dunking and put-backs, his only move is a baby hook which he misses at a pretty high frequency. He is long, easy to push, but incredibly athletic.

Once that athleticism begins to fade, so will his NBA career.

4. CallMeTheDream

So are you saying this is a knee jerk thread so hollic can push his agenda about Capela???

5. basketballholic

When we are sent fishing after the Spurs blow us up on the interior you will still be making the case that Clint is fine and will be fine in the middle and he wasn't the reason we lost. You'll blame the strength of the team, our three point shooters magically going ice cold, for us losing the series.

Some guys just refuse to acknowledge the weaknesses of our team.

6. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Swapshop, is your avatar supposed to depict a Butt-crack oozing turd? Just gotta ask.....

7. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

We lack the talent of teams who have 4 all stars like golden state or a team like san antonio who have several current and former all stars, it's like you think we can switch one non all star for another and it will solve the issue.

We have one player, one, who will make all star games during their career.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We will see how many games a pair of 34 year old legs can carry us. #Mentor #Baller

9. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

albeit a super generational all-star :)

10. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Rockets over Spurs in seven in what will be the greatest series of the year if not multiple years.

Soneca likes this.
  11. Soneca

Soneca Member

Just read the following in another thread:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/playoff-eric-gordon.282208/page-2

So why again did you start this thread? o_O

12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Role players (and young players) always play better at home so I expect Clinty to bounce back tonight. Bev will play better too.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  13. basketballholic

No. I don't think that. James Harden thinks that.

14. basketballholic

15. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I'd prefer that we start Anderson at Center OR bench Anderson and throw Gordon in to start.

16. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

One will never know. Either way it looks tasty.

17. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Dedmon is getting "spot minutes" for the Spurs so I guess you know something that POP doesn't?

I mean there literally playing David Lee more that him who's awful on D.

If Capela doesn't have a more productive series against the Spurs than okc I'll be the firsts one in here saying he should not be playing at all.

18. basketballholic

Actually David Lee has been very good defensively for them this year. No he's not great. But he's fitting in to their defensive scheme very good and is playing the best defense by far in his career. David Lee is a mismatch against Capela in their favor.

19. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

If the Rox get to the next round
    and
    If the Spurs get to the next round
    and
    If the Capela/Lee match-up is the most compelling match-up issue to concern myself with
    then
    I'll sit back and enjoy the series very much anticipating a W.

Happy 'center' stage, BH, you're a 5!

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I think our team has plenty of weaknesses and perimeter defense is number 1 for me, defensive rebounding is 1.b

Spurs are a great defensive, well coached team, and I'm particularly a fan of Dedmon's defensive capabilities so it rightfully will be a tough matchup for Clint going against large bigs in Gasol/Aldridge on O and Dedmon on D. That being said, I think he'll do a solid job (he may not, I'm not a psychic like you), Clint is one of our most impactful defenders, he's got the best dtrg, dpm, defensive win shares, blocks for us in the playoffs. If the Spurs double down on Clint in PnR like OKC then he should be quiet on offense, all our ball handlers have to do is swing the ball on the perimeter instead of making the tough pass, if they don't double him and Dedmons not the one guarding him, he should be a big lob threat.

You're sitting here prepared to blame the whole series on Clint before it even starts. The Spurs are a much better team then us, it's silly to think Clint is going to loose it on his own instead of us loosing as a team. Same with the Warriors. You seemed to be the biased one, not me.