1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. basketballholic

More misquotes. He's talking about Anderson's contract. Come on guys

bilaal14 likes this.
  2. dmoneybangbang

I think starting Nene would be a good idea. Capela simply hasn't been consistent enough to get the most important minutes. Nene on the other hand has been able to score very efficiently throughout the series as he can score in space on his own. He defends adequately and is just stronger.

I also think starting Eric Gordon in place of Bev would be a good move as well as we need more size and power in our starting lineup.

#102 dmoneybangbang, Apr 24, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  3. Ranny

Ranny Member

Sorry to intrude, May i ask which part of his post is false? I just want to point out a couple of things about his post and then, if you want you can reply.

- You did say that we would not make the playoffs with Capela as our starter, that part is true.
    - We DID make the playoffs with Capela starting most of the season, but also we have the 3rd best record in the league, so both statements are true.
    - He claims that the most important thing is that the team wins, also true.
    - He says Capela has played badly the last 2 games but so have Ariza and Anderson, true, true and true.
    - He also points out that although his last 2 games have been bad, he did play well in the first 2 Ws, also very true. - Finally he says the series with OKC is 3 to 1 in our favor, also true.

The only part which you can contest and claim its a "false statement" is that he claims you hate Capela, there is no way for him to know what or how you feel about Capela emotionally. However you do give that impression because when Capela plays well, which is fair to say has been the case many times this season, you are nowhere to be seen, but when he has a bad game you pop up like a jack in the box to say a zillion of "I told you so".

so yeah i see a lot of true statements in his post, it would be good if you could point out the lies he said.

4. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Anyone who has watched every game so far in its entirety knows capela hasnt played well at all this series.Okc have been too big, too strong.Hes been defending post ups more then P&R which he is far better at so hes looked bad.
    There was a 5 min stretch in the second half of game 2 where he was engaged and focused, made great help defensive plays, great screen and rolls.

Here is the problem. Hes only 22 years old.
    1.His body is still off
    2.His awareness is still way off ( dont know if that can change)
    3.No experience.

Looking bad in the postseason doesent discredit how vital and improved he has been through out the season, but it is worrying moving forward when you look at future opponents.
    He has to go into the film room and understand what are the strengths of the ppl he is guarding, and then take advantage of that knowledge by helping his teammates. Gobert was a master at guarding denadre yesterday and that should be a lesson.

5. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Do you think President Romney will win reelection? Or do we have to pay for your political insider stuff too?

arabrocket and FANfrom86toNow like this.
  6. basketballholic

He's at the end of his third season. No experience? This is his third post season. And no, #2 is never going to change. He's slow to process from his eyes to his brain to his legs. That's an unchangeable trait. He's never going to be quick enough defensively in the middle.

7. basketballholic

Ha. No opinion from you on Capela? Surely he's the second best player we got batman.

8. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I'm glad I wasn't the only one getting the old jopatmc grandstanding vibe. You can kind of see it blossoming in the thread with the growing condescension in his tone.

I wonder what the new moniker will be...

Batman Jones likes this.
  9. anchel

anchel Member

Thanks for guaranteeing a great Game 5 by Clint!

Batman Jones and FANfrom86toNow like this.
  10. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

You reading skills are of a 2nd grader

11. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Yea.. he has said it.. but it's true. Rockets not winning anything with this version of Capella.

12. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

But, but, but, but, but, but.........WE ARE ABOUT TO WIN THIS SERIES!!!!! (or does that not count for "Rockets not winning anything with this version of Capella"?) Or are you predicting that OKC will come back and win the next 3 games if Capella continues to start? (Even though Nene mostly finishes) o_O:confused:

13. solid

solid Contributing Member

It is "time to close out the Thunder," and move on. Regardless of who starts, Nene will play a lot. Let's see the Harrell guy too.

14. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Gasol is not 7'2 and he's slow and been a poor defender for a number of year now especially gaurding the pick and roll.

Sure laker championship Pau Gasol was a monster defensively one of the best in the game but he's not that guy anymore.

If next series rolls around and I'm right and Clint is more effective in the pick and roll I hope you acknowledge that you were wrong and overrated there bigs.

Nothing to do with Clint being good or not I know we're u stand on that.

And for the record I don't think Clint is starter level on a contender like this rockets team either but I do think he's good enough to play 10-12 min for a contender and if the pick and roll is working he can bump that up to 18-20 min a game.

It's pretty clear that MDA feels Clint is not ready because as good as his number were he only played like 22-24 min a game.

His per 36 numbers are almost on par with Rudy Gobert but he doesn't have that kind of impact even if he's putting up similar raw numbers.

15. basketballholic

You're splitting hairs with that 10-12 minutes stuff. You're basically saying he shouldn't pay except spot minutes, definitely not crunch time. And yet you think he will be fine against the Spurs.

You can point at per 36 numbers, etc. But the fact is when we're under the gun, playing good teams, Capela folds. He's Bambi. As long as we're playing free and easy and our opponents aren't grinding then everything's cool. But turn up the heat and he melts like a creation in a frying pan.

When we get to the second round and this stuff continues to the point of our exit, I hope you acknowledge how bad he sucked.

Oh, and for the record, I wasnt talking about Pau's great defense. I already know he's not a good defender and you won't find any evidence that I've ever said differently.

When I was talking about his skills, I'm talking about his offensive skills. He's miles better than Adams and Gibson in the blocks. He'll obliterate Capela down there in the first two to three possessions and MDA will be forced to take Capela out.

What I said was all Pau had to run defensively is put his body on Capela, weigh on him, and impede him from setting the pick.

Look, the Spurs are better defensively than the Thunder. We're not even talking about Dedmon and LaMarcus. Dedmon is better defender than Capela is an offensive player. And the Spurs are better paint defenders than the Thunder are. You're grasping at straws here. Capela simply is not good enough to help us beat the Spurs but he is bad enough that if we run him out there extended minutes we will lose to them.

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

What is going on here? NBA basketball is very much about match-ups and this match-up favors Capela as much as it does Kanter. With your avalanche of predictions, pronouncements, and aprofundity you're odds on to be right. Sometimes. Whoo-pee.

Assuming the Rox take care of business and close out the Russbrooks then there will be a whole new set of match-ups to consider. We can learn to love someone new and hate on someone new, as well. Until the ensuing match-ups or, pray nay, all summer long. Yule B renner.

17. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

"Anything"= wcf finals, finals.

18. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

This clown doesn't learn does he?, so we are up 3-1 with this line up ( obviously its working) with he next game being at home to close the series so we counter our success with changing the line up, so if we lose the next game what do we do we counter back with Capela starting? that's why Bbhaulic is always clueless and doesn't have a good knowledge on Bball. BTW it's first Capela's playoff starting so yes he's inexperienced. BTW go look up Deandre Jordan's playoff numbers at age 23 ( 4pts, 5rb).

FANfrom86toNow likes this.
  19. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

Sure, move the goal posts now. But I will play along. So assuming that MDA doesn't change the starting lineup, and the Rockets make it to the WCF with Clint as our starter, what will be you and BBholic's reasoning then? That we can't beat the Warriors because Clint can't guard Zaza? I mean, let's just ignore that the other 4 players on the Warriors are ALLSTARS and at least a couple going to the Hall of Fame one day. The bottom line is, you and Balcoholic will just move the goal posts to suit your narrative no matter what happens. Even if we win the Championship this year by some miracle, you both will find a way to justify why and how we won inspite of Clint, and would have been better if we had gotten rid of him for someone else. You both will never ever never ever admit that he was "enough", even if we win it all.

20. basketballholic

Fan......I'll be shocked.