1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's pretty we're a better team when Toney Douglas is the primary ball handler.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rolyat93, Dec 4, 2012.

1. DDuana

DDuana Member

Exactly. But this idiot "DaGreatest" is probably too stupid to realize it. Either that or he suffers from inferiority complex and feels the urge to put down others to make himself feel better. Again, stupid is as stupid does.

2. 34to11

34to11 Member

Ha...you didn't catch him during the pre-game telling coach Sampson, "Whatever you want...you know I can provide."

3. David Stern

David Stern Member

Man i wish the rockets didn't lock in Jermey scrub lin for 3 years.....:eek:

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

nice!!

Tony played the 4th so that Lin can lay his head on the pillow

(this reference is only known by non LOFs, cause they know whats real)

5. peter2012

peter2012 Member

I bet you will doubt him next game, do you want to bet?

One word: inconsistant

6. fogo18182028

fogo18182028 Member

Douglas did a great last night but lets not get carry away, he still can't run an offense.

Lakers doesn't have a gameplan for Douglas and Douglas step up last night and caught them off guard.... simple as that.

However I do like Douglas if he doesn't take ill advise shots.

7. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

If you're gonna mock me, at least proofread first before creating the thread, champ. :)

8. pistol111847

pistol111847 Member

Exactly. Also why when Harden is having a horrible game and TD is shooting well why not play Lin at the point and TD as SG??? Because Lin was in early foul trouble why should he sit the rest of the game???

9. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Harden has the microwave signature, he can heat up anytime, Lin doesn't.

10. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

[​IMG]

note: meme owned by bigmaloe

11. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

( I hate to use "stats" in this, because I have WATCHED the games and I SEE the TD effect, and understand playing him to close games)

This is Douglas's last 7 games shooting:
    2-7
    1-4
    3-6
    1-4
    0-4
    3-5
    8-17

That's 38% shooting. Which very coincidentally is the SAME percentage as Jeremy Lin's season average. And this is Douglas's GOOD STRETCH in the season. We're on Rafer Alston low expectation standard here, goodness.

Though Douglas is actually shooting 45% from THREE in that same period. THATS the noticeable part we're seeing Douglas do that Lin isnt doing. Douglas is launching playing off of Harden when the shot is available, though he does everything else on par or worse than Lin

12. khfxxx

khfxxx Member

It's a joke when the coaches are having more trust in TD than in Lin.

Lin had many games where he struggled in the first 3 quarters but finished strong in the 4th AND won the game. That kind of becomes his tendency.

I guess he'll never have that luxury trust to redeem himself in game with coach Sampson.

Lin himself is also aware of this tendency. I hope he can do something with that and come out with energy from the beginning of the game, otherwise TD might take more and more PT from him or even his starting job...

13. rzorocks

rzorocks Member

14. bongman

bongman Member

If you are rooting for the Rockets, then this should not be an issue as long as it produces a win. If Lin is the only reason you watch games, then I can see how this is a concern for you.

15. khfxxx

khfxxx Member

Do you seriously think TD has more upside than Lin??

Why Lin's success is against the Rockets' success? It only helps the team if Lin can have more confidence and getting better.

16. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Players can have all the upside in the world, but if they don't reach that upside than what good does it do?

Lin having success would be GREAT for the team, but we are all still waiting for it to happen consistently. I just don't see the logic in sacrificing wins at the expense of bringing up Lin's confidence.

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The rockets don't have to hold Lin's hand in everything dear god. It is impossible to argue with this logic. It is his responsibility to do good, not the rockets that are paying him 29 mil for his play.

18. bongman

bongman Member

Having more upside does not determine who wins a basketball game - what you are currently doing in the game does.

Where did I mention that TD was better then Lin? You were concerned that TD was going to take away minutes and from my take, you did not care for TD's development - only Lin's. So having TD getting better does not help the team?

19. cytrynowa

cytrynowa Member

TD isn't going to start over Lin. I don't know what either LOHs or LOFs are talking about.

TD can't make plays. If he plays a lot of minutes, it will be at SG with Harden at the point. So it's more like staggering Harden and Lin's minutes, which is a good thing, because they both need the ball in their hands.

Sampson has said as much. That they would like to play Harden with the bench crew more -- and not with TD playing point, because he just can't -- and Lin with Delfino and Parsons.

20. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

He's got a pretty jumper.:grin: