1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's pretty we're a better team when Toney Douglas is the primary ball handler.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rolyat93, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

lololol... you're so funny!

2. SK34

SK34 Member

Lin is also very very inconsistent and a player who should play of the bench for most teams, including the rockets. He is not a starting PG in the League. The NBA now is more PG orientated and there are way too many better point guards in the league than Jeremy Lin. Y'all are just blind. He is not great. He is average. Below Average for a starter. Accept it.

3. LinHype

LinHype Rookie

You are a pathetic and miserable human being if you have to mock the English skill of the other posters who might be writing in their 2nd or even 3rd language.

4. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Horrible thread, he had a good night and I hope he keeps on having good nights but the offense runs better with Lin out there, that's easy to see.

5. visible

visible Member

Jeremy should start for sure. but he needs to more aggressive.

6. gnozahs

gnozahs Member

7. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

Clutch and mod crew, Im sorry you gotta deal with this nonsense. Im sure when you asked veteran members to set an example on quality posts you didn't have this in mind. Everyone is going full-moron mode.
    It's like people are competing at making the dumbest threads.

1 person likes this.
  8. koopa

koopa Member

Based on 1 game? lol. And do you ever think that the Lakers bench sucked so toney could get off like that? But on the other hand I think he performs well with the bench team as well as greg smith. But just because Lin struggles in the starter group you gotta see that lakers starters are better defenders than their bench.

9. koopa

koopa Member

Lin is above average...his defense is great and has size. He has youth on his side so give him time. His knee is probably not 100% yet and also he's playing the west's starterrs which needs time adapting to. They also know Lin well now and close on him but he's still holding his own on defense and making some shots. But I don't see how he won't improve.

10. meh

meh Contributing Member

The more people take this thread seriously, the more hilarious it becomes even in addition to the original thread's intention of mocking that other Lin thread.

11. Parpar2j

Parpar2j Member

How many Assist from TD tonight??

if you want TD to be a Starter .....so how about James Harden??

12. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

If you have a point, you really don't need to call others names to back it up.

TD is a career backup PG for a reason. TD was warming bench in NY during Linsanity. TD was, for the lack of better word, just not very good.

The only reason you are supporting TD is due to your jealousy for Lin's overhype. I am annoyed by some of the overzealous LOFs. I am equally annoyed by the LOHs. At least LOFs are partially rooting for Rockets to win. I can never understand rooting against your own player and that's why all the LOHs are doing.

Are you one?

13. visible

visible Member

TD plays fearless and did great job tonight. but he has no where near Lin's play making skill. I am glad he and Lin can balance each other. but I want Jeremy handle the ball most of time.

14. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

I cringe now every time I see a post that has "handle" and "ball" in the same sentence.

15. gamer4Life

gamer4Life Member

Lin's problem is his faith in "God". If he spent those hours he went to church on improving his shot, he would be better than Ray Allen by now.

16. Jedster

Jedster Member

Are you talking about your name?
    Sorry, I couldn't help myself :grin: Don't get mad.

17. Luca

Luca Member

Well said.

18. Luca

Luca Member

Lol, there is nothing wrong with having your own faith. But he needs to shoot better and more deinitely.

19. Jedster

Jedster Member

I know, if he likes TD THAT MUCH, why doesn't he just marry him?

(Yeah yeah I know...I'm being childish) :p

20. demarco1

demarco1 Member

All rockets player are good, face it you Rocket's hater.. TD play great today, i admit it, but that's it, if you like TD just cheer him up, no need to bring LIN into this conversation. because they are in the same team, RoX, and the ROX win. that's all the matter. WIN.... some day you play great, some not. but that's the job of the bench to keep up with the starter.

and today show that rockets have a depth players for sure, from the starter to the bench. but they all young, UP n DOWN as expected from the beginning, even i don't expect we will go 4 playoff, but if in the end we get the playoff or even we win the championship (everything possible until the end of the season), then i will say RoX get a big bonus...

I will cheer for all of them, until they aren't in rox team. GO ROX