1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's pretty we're a better team when Toney Douglas is the primary ball handler.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rolyat93, Dec 4, 2012.

1. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

You completely missed the point.

Harden is the best player on this team, period. He has the most offensive impact regardless of whether his shots are falling or not, and the game against Lakers showed exactly why.

I'm saying how illogical your argument is that a "PG" wasn't on the court when 1) We already have a good playmaker on the court and 2) TD is a PG.

Way to miss the point.

2. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

No. He just made the point that this guy would complain if the best player in the NBA were on this team. Reading comprehension helps.

3. pistol111847

pistol111847 Member

So the best player on the team can't have an off game? So if you're shooting oh for the 1st half you shouldn't give him a rest? What's with playing him 40 minutes a game in Nov & Dec? He's young but he's going to get old fast. What's wrong with playing Lin & Toney together for awhile to give him a rest? Especially when he's struggling.

4. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

probably because he was eating watermelon and fried chicken and grits

5. pnr

pnr Member

If Lebron were on the team, I'm sure he wouldn't complain. People act as if Harden has been this perfect playmaker who's been playing really well, when he's actually been pretty average (when considering his defense). Honestly, Parsons IMO has been playing better all around and Asik is the most important player on the team. The team is so inexperienced and people expect the team to be winning every game. We should just be patient with the players and evaluate at the end of the season.

6. thisiscaketown

This thread would be funnier if Toney Douglas was actually handling the ball and not James Harden. Douglas was being played like a Shooting Guard, like he should be, because that's the role he's most comfortable in.

7. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

You do realize Lin was 2-8 himself right? I understand the argument for not playing Harden for 40 mins on an off night; but there is no case for Lin here. All of the starters seemed to be off.

8. pistol111847

pistol111847 Member

TD is listed as a PG but in reality he is an undersized SG. A point guard needs good court vision and Toney does not have it. Harden is a little better but he also has mostly tunnel vision which is ok for a SG.

9. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

I'm not so sure. When someone has deep man-love for another player, all rationale goes out the window.

10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Douglas is a point guard who knows his role and played off Harden extremely well. He was critical to the Lakers comeback.

Lin has not been good, stop trying to blame other people for his own shortcomings.

11. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

He's not even saying that. Stop putting words in people mouth.

12. pistol111847

pistol111847 Member

I understand Lin was not shooting well either but at least you'd have your best playmaker in the game. Don't you think that would help? Everyone keeps judging a PG solely on his shooting which is just about the least important thing to judge by.

13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Okay you don't understand.

If the Rockets were up by 20, then you have a case.

The Rockets were losing the entire game until literally the last few minutes of the game. The coach cannot afford to sit out the best player on our team. Hence, he played 40 minutes.

It's really that simple

What stats do you have to prove that TD is an undersized SG? He may not be as good a passer as Lin but that doesn't make him any less of a PG.

For that matter, it doesn't matter whether TD is a PG or SG anyways. Harden is going to have the ball in his hands because he has the most offensive presence. Lin wasn't hitting open shots, but TD was. Therefore, having Harden and TD would make more sense than Lin and Harden.

It's not rocket science. You are a Lin fan, and that's fine. But stop trashing on everyone else on this team because your favorite player is struggling.

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I see you found the textbook definition of hyperbole.

15. pistol111847

pistol111847 Member

I'm sorry but you don't seem to understand basketball. Sure you can pull out some games with no one running the offense and your star player going ISO. It happens all the time but it doesn't work in the playoffs against good teams. Look at what just happened in OKC. Try playing like this against Miami or San Antonio. Hopefully they'll play team ball against San Antonio on Friday or they're going to get destroyed!

16. gtmkcp

gtmkcp Member

Lin fans can't criticize anyone on the team???? :rolleyes:

17. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Sampson has made good decisions so far and the team is winning. You guys are nitpicking at Lin's minutes.

18. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

Yes you can, but it needs to make sense. Calling Lin the best play-maker on this team is just ridiculous to me. Everyone on this team needs to earn their spots. Do I think that Lin is a good player slumping? Yes. But, it doesn't change the fact that he has not been consistently productive, offensively, this season.

19. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

That has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion. I don't care about Iso-ball, I'm justifying the coach's decision to keep TD and Harden on the court.

Don't put words in my mouth.

20. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

Exactly. There is something about hearing "We wouldn't have only won by two if so-and-so were in the game" that really grinds my gears. The only thing that matters is the win. I could give a damn who was playing at the end of the game as long as the result is positive.