1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Tyson Chandler still getting bought out?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Ray Parker, Oct 19, 2018.

1. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

The only reason that i see Ariza joining the lakers would becaus eof his family and his home is in LA. He has better connections or friends elsewhere. Also why would LA want Ariza if he is old compared to kuzma or Hart. Or who would he be replacing? Ingram?

2. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Try to sign him if he is cheap for caplea backup

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He is going to join the Lakers. See details in the NBA Dish.

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i have seen enough of ariza during the years ...i would pay him to go places other than houston..except if its boby brown role

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The Rockets DO have a need for a paint protector/back up center. It might not matter vs GSW, PJ has that role. But for the other teams in the league it does. I like TC, but there could be others out there.

I have been pretty up front in saying I think Robin Lopez of the Bulls could get bought out later in the season and that he would be a great fit in Houston as a backup C.

I am not so sure Ariza will be bought out either, but not saying it won't happen either.

Why would Ariza look at the Lakers over the Rockets? If his goal was to "get paid" this offseason, the Rockets will have more to offer via the T-MLE that is available. Further, the Rockets will have a ROLE for Ariza. In LA, where is Ariza playing when they have LeBron, Ingram, Kuzma, KCP, Hart, Stephenson etc all playing wing positions?

Now, if you are saying Ariza might not have interest in the Rockets anymore for various reasons that would be a different matter.

Then again, if the Rockets get Butler....there isn't a role for Ariza at that point. ;-)

napalm06 likes this.
  6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Another potential buyout candidate by the Feb deadline might be Tony Parker. I doubt it though. He is just playing great for the Hornets. Tony would be terrific insurance for CP3. I hope he won't join GS or the Lakers/Pelicans.

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I don't think he will be bought out. His contract isn't bad and he is providing real value to a team that will be fighting for a playoff spot.

BUT, you are right to point out the PG issue. Clearly a backup is something to keep an eye on.

saleem likes this.
  8. HP3

HP3 Member

Robin Lopez huh, I like it, I like it alot actually. He plays with fire too, at least from what I remember loool.

Deuce likes this.
  9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

We need this to happen!

HP3 likes this.
  10. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

He considered us. We don't have the room.

We don't yet have the need. Allegedly, we're high on the rook and Clint is getting better and better.

My guy is.....

Meh, sorry, tough health day for me.

XO

seclusion, hakeem94, saleem and 2 others like this.
  11. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

#FreeBird

Freddy doesn't like his style or age.

12. BigBum

BigBum Member

He makes right decision. He is his last contract year. Lakers will offer more money, guess one-year deal $6 million.

Tilman will not offer him anything more than Vet Min. Player Agent always think about next contract.

13. valorita

valorita Member

How about his size, bball awareness and fit?
    MC and IH have been turrible.

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Robin is 30. Seems like he has enough left in the tank. And his style as a backup C seems like a good fit.

I am surprised that you (or Freddy?) think he wouldn't be a good fit here as a buyout candidate.

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

16. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Thank you
    wished we had been able to get him somehow. The way Clint is playing or the whole team we need Ariza and would have been great to have Tyson here too.

Hope you’re feeling well

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Rockets really missed Nene against Adams, @Codman. Capela just can't deal with that strength.

Having a paint protecting C in the 2nd unit would make a big difference.

Codman likes this.
  18. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

My question is (and this is in no way a leading one) do the Rockets really want a conventional center in backup? With the switching defense, I just don't see a guy like Chandler helping out enough. Plus, we're talking about the Thunder like they put up 140. They didn't do that much damage.

At first, I thought the rockets woes were defensive ones, now I'm not so sure. I think both units have defense down, it's just, you aren't going to win games scoring 80 points in the modern NBA. The rockets struggles on offense seem more than a slump too. Teams aren't doubling Harden nearly as much, and it seems like when they do guys aren't hitting those knockdown shots. When you add that Harden and co missed a ton of bunnies, and didn't take enough care of the ball it's really no mystery why we're losing. The mystery to me is, how do we get it back? Are the shots the support staff are taking are not open enough? Is Harden not driving to the basket enough? Do we need more motion or more sense of urgency on offense? I don't know.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

It is fair to say what do they want as a backup C on a switching defense. But they need to fill that void somewhat.

It doesn't have to a traditional C. Guys like Taj Gibson and James Johnson could fill that void.

Also, this team might have to adjust their defense somewhat as it plays other teams other than GSW. Hopefully Bzdelik can turn some knobs to fix that.

20. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I think having Bzdelik back will help a lot, and if the Rockets can turn some of those live ball turnovers they force on defense into transition baskets that could go a long way to helping to improve the offense. (The psychology of shots going in an whatnot.)

I like the idea of a Taj Gibson a lot.