1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Chris Paul running out of steam?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by durvasa, Mar 18, 2018.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He was driving and kicking out in the earlier part of the season. This was helpful in making more 3's. Let's hope for the best.

2. Wylo

Wylo Member

age wise tmac was young, but right before he came to Houston tmac missed 15 games in his last season with Orlando, and his first few years in Houston definitely wasn't as impressive, riddled with minor injuries. I certainly don't think we got tmac when he was at his absolute best

3. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Eric Gordon is not a point guard and when he handles the ball too much he turns it over. This is on Morey for not getting us a quality backup point guard. Instead he signs G leaguers that had no chance of gaining MDA’s trust and sticking with the team. Now that we have the 1 seed MDA will fight hard to keep it so he ain’t resting nobody.

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Joe Johnson used to play PG, didn't he?

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

He is putting up stats that are good enough for #2 in the MVP tracker. Nice problem to have.

Robert Kogut and RudyTBag like this.
  6. macan

macan Member

we will rest him and harden once we lock up the 1 seed next week

Landsdale and saleem like this.
  7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Harden needs a lesson of heart from someone who's older with a worse career?

8. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Harden and cp3 are coasting.

It’s pretty easy to see.

They don’t have to play 100% to beat anyone nowadays.

Which is a blessing and a curse.

This team is so stacked that we can get by against pretty much anyone with cp3 scoring 10 points and harden playing at 80%.

Like when Harden gets 25/8/5 it’s feels like a dud for him but in reality that’s an awesome game for everyone in the nba outside of harden Lebron and Durant.

We’re spoiled.

But I would start giving harden and cp3 some rest games soon. As long as one of them plays we can beat anyone left on the schedule.

I’d imagine we have the 1 seed wrapped up with around 4 games to go. Maybe we think about sitting atleast cp3 for those last 4 games.

Chemistry and schemes are fine we’re 38-2 when the 3 stars play together we don’t need anymore evidence we just need all three rested.

I’d sit clint also and let that thumb get better.

smp and ryano2009 like this.
  9. SS0101

SS0101 Member

Maybe my observation skills are lacking...but dude is still spectacular to me. He just toys, not just with defenders, but with the whole opposing teams defense.

He and harden are of the same mold. Their game translates even once out of their prime. They are just crafty players who are probably the smartest players on the court every single night.

He and harden stay healthy and we can sit back and enjoy the show. Speaking of healthy, I was really worried about harden. Still kind of am...hope it's nothing with the hand.

htownrox1 and Houstunna like this.
  10. Junebball

Junebball Member

11. saleem

No doubt about it. EG is not a PG, and he commits turnovers, but MDA will have to cut some minutes from CP and JH down the stretch. They have to get some rest going into the playoffs.

smp likes this.
  12. saleem

That would be great. MDA should not give them excessive minutes.

macan and Stormy1234 like this.
  13. saleem

Used to is the key word. He can't bring down the ball against pressure anymore. Luc might be able to pinch a few minutes as a back up 1, I believe.

14. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

15. smp

smp Member

I agree. EG sucks at running point. He turns it over way too much. Kind of like Harden when they first made him a PG.

16. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

At first I thought your avatar was a nice rack, then I realized I was staring at a nut sack with Rudy T. Well done.

RudyTBag likes this.
  17. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Worse, he seems scared to take his shots, especially from 3. He's our best 3 point shooter by shooting percentage but he keeps passing up open looks from 3 to pass to Tucker (who's almost always open) or really anyone as long as he doesn't have to take a 3 himself. We need his 3 ball. And when any of Paul, Anderson, Gordon, Green, Ariza, Harden gets hot from 3, they need to take more of them. Our 3 point attempts have been falling off and it feels like a matter of fear/lack of confidence. When Paul doesn't feel comfortable shooting 3's you can see it and when he hesitates he often does miss, even when he's wide open. The question to me is what's making him so gun-shy? When he shoots 3's with any confidence at all, he tends to hit at a great clip. I wonder what he's thinking. He seems snakebit.

Of course it's very hard to complain about anything given where we're at right now. But Paul does seem a little out of it lately. Last two games Harden had to come back much earlier in the 4th than he's supposed to do.

roxallways and deb4rockets like this.
  18. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

his mid range shot is his layup

19. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

CP3 chose to come here, Morey didn't chase him

Also McGrady was 25 when he came to Houston.........no where near his prime yet. We got Dwight at 28(in his prime) and coming off back surgery

We basically stole Chris Paul in a trade and on an expiring contract

20. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I think he looks fine.