1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Chris Paul running out of steam?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by durvasa, Mar 18, 2018.

1. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Just wait for the playoffs. They cruising at the moment.

Soneca likes this.
  2. MD_in_Training

I'm not sure if he's truly slowing down, but it sure does look like our championship window is razor thin.

3. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

That’s because those units had ISO Joe in them. He’s an anchor, didn’t you hear?

No Chance, SF3isBack!! and J Sizzle like this.
  4. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Started thinking about this again recently as well. He gave up a lot of money to come hear and win. Hopefully he will take a slight discount to stay with the Rox seeing this is probably his best chance of contending as his career winds down.

5. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

He’s seemed slow and tentative to me all season but his game has always been the mid range pull-up rather than the layup. Dude is kind of a midget compared to the rest of the guys so I don’t blame him.

He quietly gets his stats, plays great defense and his passes are amazing.

Most importantly he takes the pressure off Harden to be the one who always has to hit the clutch basket. Most close games they seem to take turns on hitting big shots.

I think he is definitely holding back and he should be. I think come playoff time especially against the Warriors you will see a hungry much more spry CP3.

RudyTBag likes this.
  6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I hope he is cruising. I mean we have most games under control. I believe he will step up in the playoffs when teams focus even more on James

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

Road trip. Travel day. Back-to-back.

We'll be fine. We are 26-2 in our last 28 games, so the sky is definitely NOT falling.

RudyTBag likes this.
  8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

maybe rest him iunno. He hasn't looked as dominant since the Raptors game where he was getting torched.

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Also, If he gives us 5 years of prime Sam Cassell on his next contract, I will be the happiest guy around.

smoothie likes this.
  10. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

as long as that mid-range is falling...i think we're fine

11. Game7

Game7 Member

It's all goooood.

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He should get some rest ideally, right now we need him on the court for a few more games.

13. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

maybe you were being sarcastic, but we got tmac square in his prime. he was like 24 or something.

otherwise, superstars in their prime aren't available. their own teams aren't going to be willing to give them up and the player isn't usually willing to leave until he's made a go of it and it hasn't worked out, which means they are upper-20's, lower-30's by the time you can get them. an mvp in his prime and an all-time great past his prime is hard to pair up.

heypartner and Reeko like this.
  14. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i'd love to see some rest games later in the season for him. i don't think he's looked slow, but i'd still like to be as fresh as possible for the playoffs.

saleem likes this.
  15. Soneca

Soneca Member

I came here to post that. Thanks, nothing to worry about. We sill have 16 meaningful games to get, let the man rest a bit.

16. saleem

I would love to see CP make layups in tough situations. The missed layup opportunity against the Raptors hurt us. I think he is fine otherwise.

17. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Obviously coasting

The real CP3 shows up in the playoffs

The banana boat is known for taking it easy in playoffs to turn it on later.

18. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

paul definitely isn't beating people like before. and even early in the season i was a little surprised by how seldom he beat even big men off the dribble in iso's. he almost always takes the mid-range jumper. now he's good at it, but i'd like to see the occasional drive and kick. i do hope he's conserving for the playoffs but i feel like "he's playing slower" is more likely than "he's conserving" but who knows. at least it's not keeping us from winning.

saleem likes this.
  19. saleem

I hope Eric Gordon will step up to the plate. He can take pressure off from Harden and CP3. A better performance from him down the stretch will help to keep Chris and James fit for the playoffs. MDA needs to encourage Eric to do that.

deb4rockets and FTW Rockets FTW like this.
  20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Chris Paul is not even steam-powered. He is electric.

21. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I don't care if he goes scoreless and does nothing for the rest of the season as long as he is healthy at the start of the playoffs.

SF3isBack!! likes this.