1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Imagine how good we would be if Morey had not botched the offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JCDenton, Nov 13, 2014.

1. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

I literally LOLed on the bold part.

No sir, Parsons current contract is a liability, not an asset. Parsons contract is "un-tradable": overpaid; 3rd year player option; 15% trade kicker. Let your Mr. Cuban have it.

2. Chamillionaire

It's hard to notice because of how influential Dwight is. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving the fact that we now have a more mobile Asik lite down there. If now we can get DMo to rebound better.

I'd like to see him D up Aldridge, Griffin, Duncan, Dirk, ZBo, etc...

3. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

That we will certainly see. But over the past year D-Mo has pretty much shut his opponent down. I cannot wait to see him against the best PF and centers in the league. Where the rubber meets the road. Mobile and very very big.

4. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

OP makes some valid points

5. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

With the top of his head to fit his dunce cap?

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I find your lack of graphs disturbing, JCD.

7. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Really ? Now > lol.

8. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Dumbest thread ever. OP must have some magic jelly beans if he thinks he can do better than Morey. How do you magically get players to come here if they don't want to. Either that or he has a man crush on parsons. I'm glad he's gone our chemistry this year looks way better.

Oh and how do you trade parsons to upgrade the four? There is a thing called a salary cap. Who could we have gotten that woulda fit in parsons 999k contract??? Stop dreaming. No one was taking Lin or Asik.

Only mistake Morey made was letting Asik go. We need a backup big. But it's a long season and he may have more tricks up his sleeves.

9. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

hard to take a post seriously that has "brainless morey" in it. you can argue the whys of not picking up parson's option, but you can't call that man brainless.

10. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

It's easy to be smart after the fact.

IMO, Morey should do the exact thing again should the situation in the past summer happens again. Get a Bosh and sign a Parsons to multiple year contract.

11. mazinger

mazinger Member

[​IMG]

12. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Graphs or it didn't happen.

13. MONON

MONON Member

That was my reaction also.

14. bmd

bmd Member

It wasn't "botched". It's not like Bosh was set to come here and Morey told Bosh an off-color joke and insulted Bosh's mother and he got mad and re-signed with the Heat.

The Heat offered him $30 million more than the Rockets could.

That's just how the game goes.

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The offseason seemed like a major botch job to me too, until it was explained to me how us letting Parsons become a free agent was a precondition to Dwight Howard signing here.

If that's true, then Morey could have gone back on his word like the OP wants, with the following ramifications: pissing off our star player's agent, creating chemistry issues on the team, and hurting his reputation around the league.

16. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Just think where our team would be without DM....in a forever revolving wheel of mediocrity.

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I don't know. Morey definitely made mistakes, but I'm starting to think this is like the Heat's 1996 offseason where they screwed up the Juwan Howard signing which actually worked out better for them(P.J Brown was far cheaper and a much better fit).

Ariza is a better fit for the Rockets than Parsons and has clearly gotten off to a better start this season. Papa has been outstanding off the bench. If we resign Parsons, neither of those guys would be here.

Missing out on Bosh sucks given the way he's started the season, but we still don't know how that'll play out in the end for either us or the Heat. T-Jones when healthy ain't exactly a scrub. And the Rockets still have the opportunity to sign someone else down the road with all that cap space that wasn't used on Bosh or Parsons.

The draft picks in the Asik and Lin trades cancel each other out(although the Pelicans pick will be better than ours). And clearly we're better off with Lin gone and Canaan getting those minutes instead. Asik still needs to be replaced, but the trade exception from the Lin deal gives Morey a lot to work with.

I'm not happy we missed out on Lowry. But on the flipside, if he was here, that would be a lot less time for Harden to handle the ball and he's more than stepped up to become an outstanding playmaker for this team. Also, if Lowry had signed, would we have gotten Jason Terry? I doubt it.

Like I said, Morey clearly didn't plan it this way. And the Rockets would have been terrific with Bosh and Parsons starting instead of T-Jones and Ariza. But they're already a damn good ballclub in their current state and still have the ability to get better via trades and free agent signings going forward. Think about that. In another year, they could actually improve from the team that's sitting at 7-1.

18. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

How were we gonna be able to get Ariza, Lowry, and Pap?

19. bongman

bongman Member

Imagine if there were no trolls in this forum.

20. photojoe

photojoe Member

You are comparing our backup center to other team's starters. As long as Dwight stays healthy and stays out of foul trouble, Black wouldn't be spending too many minutes going up against those guys.

Our backup Center isn't a strength for our team. At all. I understand that. But can you name one team where it is? The Center position is pretty thin league wide. If you are comparing Black to the Blazers, Clippers, Spurs, Warriors and Thunder, you shouldn't compare him those guys you listed. Instead compare him to those team's backups- I don't know, Spencer Hawes, Aaron Baynes, I don't know, and I don't know.