1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Imagine how good we would be if Morey had not botched the offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JCDenton, Nov 13, 2014.

1. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

1. Parsons wouldn't really have had a choice since he was already under contract and also in a contract year so he couldn't tank his play and would have been forced to be a team player. I would have promised Ariza the starting job since he is a better fit anyway and brought Parsons off the bench.

3. This is very true, although I'm not sure who we can go after who would be better than Lowry so the player is more valuable than the future flexibility in my view. Plus we will end up with less total depth/talent on the team this year because the Parsons poverty contract is an asset that can't be replaced. I just think this year was the year to go "all in" by combining the cheap Parsons contract with the cap space we had, and we may not ever have another chance like that.

2. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

A rotation of Parsons and Ariza would never have worked plus have that insane contract of Parsons hanging over the orgs head like a Sword of Damocles would have ruined the Rox options for 2016. yeah Parsons is a very solid player, is he a superstar though ? In the Rox system no he isn't and wouldn't be. Had Morey pulled off the Bosh/Parsons deal we'd certainly be a formidable favorite to win the West, but we don't know and will never know if it would have really worked in reality vs theory.Truth be told I was panicking a little when we lost Parsons, but to be honest as soon as we signed Ariza and especially once I saw him play and how he fits the Rox system so well, I forgot all about Parsons and am actually glad he is gone.

Again my only fear right now lies in the back up spots at the 4 and 5 positions (more the 5 than the 4 as KPaps and Dmo seems to be filling that spot quite adequately so far -admittedly against lesser competition than they will be facing soon). At this point I would have to argue that Morey has been almost an idiot savant in his genius so far in cultivating a a stunning defensive team that can also score from anywhere on the floor. One major difference I have noted thus far in the season is we rarely see Harden ISO ball any longer, and that is a very positive sign to me !!!

3. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

Keep in mind that while Morey could have denied the option on Parsons for his last year, it;s been well established fact that Parsons and Howard agent Dan Fegan sort of strong armed Morey into not picking up that 4th year option as a favor for getting Howard to sign with the Rox. So assuming that parson stays here another year under his rookie min salary and then bringing in Ariza T 8 mil, there is no way a douche like Parsons would play ball and be ok with sharing mins with Ariza. he would have become the next Omar Asik this year.

4. Panda23

Panda23 Member

#dontfeedthetroll

5. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Imagine how good we would be had your dad actually pulled out....

1 person likes this.
  6. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

terrible thread is terrible

7. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

The OP can be psychotic at times. Don't feed the beast.

8. Ghost_of_Akeem

Not sure if serious.

If NBA history has proven anything it is that chemistry means everything. Even with 3 superstars you can still lose championships, as Rockets fans we should know this better than ANYONE else. We had three mega stars on our team before and we couldn't even get past Malone and Stockton in the playoffs despite having Hakeem, Barkley, Drexler. And what did we just witness last season? Miami cHeat trio getting exposed when facing a strong team built on fundamentals and chemistry. Lebron n Thugs got exposed and Lebron ran back to Cleveland for mommy. LOL!!!!

Rockets didn't get the players they wanted this offseason, but they did get the players they NEEDED. This team is much better.

9. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

[​IMG]

10. kingjosh

kingjosh Member

Op raises a good point in a sense - I wonder how good the rockets would be with Anthony?

Parsons at three and Melo at four would have made for some shocking front court defense (although Dwight is regaining prime form now), however the Offence would have been absolutely electric.

I actually felt this way when the CP3 trade through, when we would have had Lowry, with a Gasol/Nene frontline. Was enamored with that, however Harden far surpasses that haul. Hopefully the same will happen with anthony passing over houston.

11. omgTHEpotential

Check your facts:

"Of course, I looked at other places, but at the end of the day, I started something in Toronto and I wanted to finish it in Toronto," Lowry said. "I wanted to be a part of it, I wanted to be a part of this organization and franchise. It comes with the continuity of the team, the ownership, management, coaches. Everything blends in together and you want to be part of an up-and-coming organization."

12. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

We'll this was a waste of time.

13. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

Easier said than done

14. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

JCDenton, where are your graphs?

Not reading until you have your patented graphs

guys, don't get pissed off. he does this every season. for attention.

15. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Didn't Morey and McHale fly to Toronto to meet with Lowry and a few days later Lowry resigned with Toronto? To me that's not wanting to come to Houston.

Lin and Asik were on the bench last season - so not really a loss when considering the starting 5.

Ariza is proving an upgrade on Parsons.

Sure I'd love to see another proven starter have come out way ie Bosch, but Terry, Pap and the improvement in Canaan and DMo I'm liking.

There's time until Feb to assess the team and weak points to make an acquisition and we have cap space.

But can't argue with 7-1 start! I for one am quite happy right now.

16. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

No actually I live in PA and stream the games not on network TV. I was simply going by the eye test, Dmo has been weak and ineffectual in many f the game he has played thus far this year, that said he has an incredible amount of raw talent that he needs to work harder at exploiting !

17. Lemonte

Lemonte Member

I am one of those local Houston fans who has been unable to watch the Rockets for the past two years. I've been livings off youtube highlights, Bleacher Report articles, and comments in this forum to get by. i watched the game last night though. i am looking forward to watching more games on the Root channel in the future.

Papa, I love his game. "I love it when you call me big Papa, throw you hands in the air if you're a true playa" He is.
    Canon is a good back up pg. Ariza was a steal. He's playing much better than Parsons.
    The whole team. Houston we have a contender.

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

[​IMG]

19. King1

King1 Contributing Member

TS is missing a chromosome and reeks of poverty

20. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

D-Mo. 8/7 two blocks, four assists. T. Young 6 points, 3 rebounds. T.Young was averaging 16/7 before this game. And D-Mo made a mistake in the first 90 seconds of the game when he misjudged T. Young's explosiveness. After that ... shutdown defense.