1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm Tired of Morey and his 6 year plan ---He needs to GO!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedrockets, Dec 13, 2012.

1. HorneR

HorneR Member

How people can think this way is ****in' beyond me... Do you have any idea how terribly the majority of NBA franchises are run?

I mean c'mon, look at the Raptors, the Bobcats, the Bucks, the Kings, the Wizards... honestly the list goes on and on. Crippling move, after bad signing, after lottery bust.

Morey's made some moves that haven't panned out, but no one bats .1000 and it's r****ded to hold that against him. Also consider the fact that each and every misstep has been quickly and quietly remedied. It's not like he's taking monumental risk after monumental risk, only to consistently come up short *cough David Khan cough*. If anything his hit percentage on low-risk high reward gambles is nothing short of incredible.

I'm probably going a little overboard here, but I see him as one of the top General Managers in SPORTS, not just the NBA. Just think, if we manage to pull off this rebuild having never been a losing team Morey will have accomplished something never before done in this league. Morey's a different breed of manager, he's a trailblazer, a trendsetter. He's not afraid to go against the proverbial grain, but he's also not the type not looking to be different just for the hell of it.

What he does, he's able to do based purely on his level of preparation. He's not the world's preeminent guesser. He's one of the hardest working managers in the league, and all that he's, all that WE'VE, accomplished stems from that effort.

I swear, people can't just sit back, relax, and enjoy the season. It always has to be someone's "fault". There always has to be someone to blame.

1 person likes this.
  2. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

naawwww im just a season ticket holder...

3. jbasket

jbasket Member

And two max contracts to injured players.

4. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I was getting being to criticize Morey. The Harden trade got him well back into my good graces. We have a new 6 year window now and still have quite a few assets. It was expensive, but it was 3 crapshoots and Kmart for a sure thing.

James Harden might be the best player on our future champion. He might be the second. But at least we have a extremely solid building block locked up. The guy is young and already a star.

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

And how many got them through trade coming off their rookie deal?

6. peter2012

peter2012 Member

That is a good move, you should blame coach, they can not figure out how to use him properly yet.

7. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

Harden seems to be playing just fine.

8. Orange

Orange Member

Doubt it.

9. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

That doesn't justify your stupidity.

10. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

All those dumb moves involved very little risk...........

11. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Ariza was bad but he clearly had value as he was flipped for Lee.

Brad Miller was bad but it was a 2-year deal with a partially guaranteed third year. Low risk. Plus Adelman loved him.

12. Orange

Orange Member

Finnaly some sense. Now just admit Morey is a great GM and all is forgiven.

13. Orange

Orange Member

O wait that was not the same person lol.

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

First, we had 2 allstars in Yao and TMac preventing good picks for about 3 of those years. We made 2nd round in 2009. So, eliminate all comparisons to teams who sucked to get lucky, or let's talk about 2010 on....you can't have it both ways.

But, I'll still give you 6yrs...

Lakers (correct)

Thunder (Kinda ... a Seattle franchise in ruins gets a #2 pick and #4 pick...brilliant!)
    Spurs (WRONG Are talking about Richard Jefferson??? Is that your all-star? How'd he work out for them)
    Dallas (WRONG...who is this all-star they got in the last 6yrs...Vince Carter?? Caron Bulter?? LOL ... How'd that work out for them)
    TWolves (Kinda ... They sucked for very long and got a #3 pick)
    Blazers (WRONG ... Roy and Aldridge were drafted before this 6yr window)
    Clippers (Kinda ... Perennial loser finally gets Blake. Paul only landed there vs Morey getting the All Star Player because of Basketball Reason.)
    Suns (WRONG ... where does this come from?? last 6 yrs, who)
    Warriors (correct ... David Lee ... only All-star they have obtained since Morey)
    Hornets (WRONG ... no all-stars since Morey, sorry I'm not counting Kaman)
    Jazz (WRONG ... uh, sorry, no All stars in acquisition last 6 yrs)
    Nuggets (WRONG ... They got Iguadala the same year we got Harden; otherwise, they tread water just like us)

Even if I give your the orange "kinda"s because a notoriously sucky team got a super high draft pick, which Morey was incapable of doing for 3 of 6 yrs when Yao/TMac were still in playoffs, that leaves several overstatements by you.

bottomline: If you have to exaggerate like that, then you have no valid argument to begin with.

15. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

World Peace did finally get rox out of the 2nd round, but looking back, keeping batum and on the next year drafting Caspi or Taj Gibson would have help the team so much more.

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Posting a GM's trade history does not define the GM, nor his direction. It's a piece of things.

If we're going to analyze it like adults, we should take into account factors like what the decision criteria were at the time, who was on the team at the time, who was at that positionat the time, what was the salary cap situation like at the time, what were the goals at the time.

Then, as I pointed out, there are a lot of other things that give a team direction outside of trades. Trades are the glamor part that you think most about if you're using NBA 2k13 to build your team.

17. deshen

deshen Member

That was stupid excuse. I bet every bad contract in NBA will turn out gold somehow. In the same logic as Morey fans, Isaiah as GM a few years ago resulted in the top ranked Knicks now, so Isaiah is one of best GMs.

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

You can't look back. Batum would not have helped THAT team like Artest did. That was a title chasing decision. You can say Batum would help THIS team more, but so what.

19. WNBA

WNBA Member

not got, I said 'had'... If they had all star, they do not need to 'get'.

20. WNBA

WNBA Member

why trade when they could just draft an all star using their first round pick?

Hornets had Chris Paul, Nuggets had Melo, Jazz had Deron, Twolves had Love. As bad as these teams are, they had a chance and they are looking at the 2nd chances.

I just don't see any miracle in them, I don't see it in Morey either.