1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm Tired of Morey and his 6 year plan ---He needs to GO!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedrockets, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Too lazy to deal with your general idiocy, but this is incorrect. He traded the 38th pick as part of the Brad Miller deal, but then when he realized that Parsons had fallen to 38, went "Oh crap, gotta get him", and bought the pick back.

2. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

3. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

I'm confused :(. I didn't go through the contents of the moves OP posted, but looks like the "dumb moves" were moves in the past and the "good moves" were made more recently. Doesn't it mean Morey has been doing a good job lately?

I'm loving everyone in this current team (except 2pat - hopefully he'll make me change my mind) so I have no complaints about the roster.

4. Orange

Orange Member

5. Nimo

Nimo Member

6. Nimo

Nimo Member

7. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Apparently acquiring a franchise cornerstone player doesn't count as a good move.

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You're confused because the OP is confused.

9. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Negative attention is still attention I guess....don't feed the junky

10. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

I love how this ogre destroys the premise of his thread title with the content of his own post. You just highlighted many of Morey's actual successes and downplayed his failures. Moron.

11. Sports2012

Sports2012 Member

You don't have to constantly put down Jeremy Lin to uphold James Harden. Most Rockets fans are able to see their strengths and weaknesses. They need to work in harmony with each other to win more games and your signature statement is not helping.

12. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Uh...what?

13. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

14. ihatekobe

ihatekobe Member

Before this last off season I was staring to give up on him.

But I think that Morey getting Harden changed my mind. Harden is YOUNG an all star caliber player you can build around. That is at least a start.

I'm willing to give Morey a few more years to see if he can acquire another all star talent to pair with Harden. I think it will be easier acquiring another star player now that we have one.

We are also in pretty good cap position now and ave a lot of young talent. Unlike last year where we had a bunch of overpaid role players Scola, Martin.

I am optimistic about Morey being able to build a championship caliber team in the next few years.

15. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Good example of a frustrated fan who doesn't comprehend how much Morey has done with what was given.

We could easily be the astros.

16. roxxy

roxxy Member

I really like Daryl Morey. Don't really understand why people are complaining. The Rockets have a pretty interesting core of players & cap space to acquire one more big piece. They also have a roster ( a very young roster) who is overachieving right now to be frank. People need to be patient.

17. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

18. thething

thething Contributing Member

Signing Ariza turned out to be a good move because it gave us Courtney Lee.

19. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

20. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Look Mr. BleedRockets...

I am not the biggest Morey's fan around here. Morey has made some pretty bad moves but all GM has. Right now, I don't know what the hell you're trying to get at but the Rockets are starting over and rebuilding their team.

By doing so, Morey acquired an All Star caliber player in James Harden, turned this team into the youngest team in the league, and have a lot of cap space. I don't know what else you expect out of him... Is he supposed to flip someone and get Lebron James or Durant in return?

In your opinion, you think that the Rockets gave up too much for Harden. But in reality, the Rockets got the better end of the deal. It seems like the Rockets gave OKC a lot of draft picks but they really didn't. The Rockets gave OKC the Raptors lottery pick (the only 1st round that's valuable), the Mavs 1st round pick (top 20 protected) and a 2nd round pick. OKC also wanted Lamb as part of the deal because he's is supposed to be their future SG and Kevin Martin fills that role now. So overall, the Rockets got the better end of the deal... Its really simple at the end..

Also, some of the "BAD MOVES" you listed by Morey isn't that bad at all. You're acting like he's made a move that cripple the franchise or something.

The Rockets signed Trevor Ariza to filled that role that Artest left open. Which wasn't a big deal because they traded Ariza anyway for Courtney Lee which turned out great. Morey purchasing Sergio Llull isn't a bad move because Llull is a prospect overseas. How was Morey supposed to know that Sergio decided not to come to the NBA and ended up staying? Things like that happens.

Basically, all the bad moves you listed from Morey isn't really bad and you don't really make a real argument about him at all. You just listed a few things that in your own opinion, makes Morey a terrible GM. Seriously, I know you're Rockets fan and all but stop with these types of threads. Morey has completely rebuild this team from ground up and right now, the Rockets have such a bright future but you think its soooo horrible I guess..