1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"I knew you were coming for me..."

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by El Hitman, May 18, 2010.

1. wekko368

wekko368 Member

We know all we need to know. Once the gun came into play, the father should've tried to calm the crazy guy down and backed off. Instead, he chose to instigate further.

2. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

That's right but I would probably give you warning that I am about to coldcock your ass instead of just doing that. But you can get up from a punch and live to see another day; you can't say the same when you get shot in your abdomen.

Oh and your earlier post about people not condoning the actions of the 69 year old is not true. You must have missed the posts in this thread from Jontro, manbearpig, robbie380, and Angkor Wat. That or you have those 4 posters on ignore.

3. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Irrelevant. If you know the possible consequences of your actions and proceed to perform them anyway, then you get no sympathy if the adverse actions happen.

On a different note, you're pretty insistent that you'd go around punching strangers. Since you don't know anything about them (especially their mental state), you'd be making the same mistake as the father. And that got him killed.

You don't know who is carrying a weapon nowadays. If your real persona is as aggressive as your online persona, maybe you should treat all strangers as if they're armed...

4. spydermex

spydermex Member

Whoever argues that the young dude got what he deserved is a moron. Nobody should die over grass, seriously man.

The old man shouldve had some sense and shot the gun in the air to scare him off, or at the very worst shot him in the leg, but not take his life.

1 person likes this.
  5. Manny Ramirez

Uh, no. You are like many posters here, wekko368, you pick and choose which posts to read and you gloss over the rest. Obviously, you glossed right over this post:

That's quite different than your assertion that I would just go up and punch any random stranger I saw. I am sorry I wasn't more explicit, but let me say this - if someone got into a heated argument with me and called me an SOB or a MFer or something else really offensive than yea, I *might* be compelled to throw a punch. Depends on how mad I am and the situation. Would I pull a gun out and shoot someone over that? No.

6. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

You glossed over wekko's post yourself. He's saying you should NOT escalate the situation more than it is because you don't know what the other person will do to you. The old man is guilty and will go to the jail, but the victim is still an idiot for not backing away from a useless fight.

7. SuperHighFly

SuperHighFly Member

Wow...Not that I'm defending the old guy or anything but....

1. Dog named Gucci
    2. Letting your dog relieve themselves on someone else's lawn
    3. "Exchanging words"...Really whats there to argue about when your dog is relieving themselves on someone else's property. Sorry would've been nice
    4. Asking a military veteran to use the gun :rolleyes:

Anyways, wtf is just piss, its not like dog **** that stays there forever for everyone in the neighborhood to look at. :mad:

8. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Like most posters here, you might mean one thing, but you type another.

I said that you would go and punch strangers, a sentiment you've reiterated. What exactly have I glossed over?

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Huh? The dog is the one who pissed everyone off.

10. Manny Ramirez

No, I didn't. I saw the post but ignored it because his assumption that I punch any random stranger I see is erroneous. If he posed better assumptions about me, I wouldn't ignore his posts.

11. DallasThomas

DallasThomas Contributing Member

Here are some facts that I think everybody can agree on:

1. The old man is crazy

2. Murderers deserve to go to prison

3. You shouldn't taunt someone who has a gun

Everything else is semantics.

12. Manny Ramirez

Dude. You missed 2 words..SOB and MFer. The first word is an acronym and the second is an almost acronym. Maybe you don't think acronyms are words?? :confused: :confused:

13. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

he was walking away and the old murdering p***y chased him down and shot him in the back.

he deserves the death penalty for what he did.

the victim was walking away and the crazy old murderer came from behind and shot him in the back.

According to WBBM 780, Funches then started to walk back toward his home, but Clements approached him from behind and shot him once in the abdomen.

14. jo mama

so when im walking my dog tonite and he pees in someones yard should i be murdered for it? unless i kick in someones door and let my dog piss on their davenport than im pretty sure that falls outside the umbrella of the castle doctrine. and yes, i just referred to a couch as a davenport!

i always pick up dog poop. but i dont pick up dog urine and to my knowledge there is no such device which does that.

this thread is really bringing up some of the most thoughtlessly disturbing posts i have ever seen. a young father of 2 w/ another on the way was murdered b/c his dog pissed on someones yard. how can anyone justify that in anyway?

15. jo mama

maybe not 'condoning', but you certainly are trying to 'justify' what the crazy old murderer did. your implication seems to be that the young father deserved what he got. what world do you live in where dog pee and verbal exchange = murder?

here is your post from earlier in the thread...

and maybe you missed it, but many of the posts in here seem to be condoning/making excuses for/justifying what the murderer did. or criticizing the dead guy b/c he was 23 w/ 3 kids. or b/c his dog had a douchey name. none of that stuff is relevant.

16. Manny Ramirez

"You must spread more reputation around before giving it to jo mama again."

17. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I know what acronyms are. That's besides the point. It doesn't matter what's said. A stranger could call you every dirty name in the book. Words are one thing. Physical action is another, and you've already admitted that you're willing to hit a stranger.

The problem is, you don't know anything about the stranger. He could be a lawyer, in which case he'd probably sue you. Or he could actually know how to fight, in which case he'd wipe the floor with you. Or he could be a psycho and he could kill you.

No matter what situation you're in, you need to be in control...even if that means swallowing your pride and taking yourself out of the situation.

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

fixt.

19. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Absolutely wrong. A young father was murdered b/c he unnecessarily provoked a psycho with a gun.

If he apologized, he'd still be alive today. But instead, he decided to engage in a pissing contest and got shot. This isn't about dogs or yards. It's about how you treat people.

How do you feel about people who die from skydiving accidents? Or who choose to drink, drive, and crash? Or play Russian roulette?

If someone doesn't value his own life enough to try to protect it, there's no sense in mourning his death.

20. Steve_Francis_rules

Do you know this for a fact? And do you make a habit of blaming the victim? Most people that are murdered probably did something to piss off the killer. Does that mean they deserve no sympathy and they're partly to blame?