1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How much longer will this last???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Gummi Clutch, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

If suddenly everyone got sick at your job, what would happen???
    Would your boss close shop and wait until everyone got well???
    Would your boss make you work over or triple time to carry the load.
    While your company quickly went down the tubes because it couldnt possibly meet production requirements?

Im sorry, but this has gotten to be ridiculous. The Rockets cant go on to lose to these teams.
    Without McGrady we can't even beat the Hawks......or Charlotte.....or Portland.........or Toronto.......or Boston....or Orlando.....or Chicago......or New Orleans
    You do realize that now WE ARE THE WORST TEAM IN THE WESTERN CONFERENCE!!!

Im sorry, but I know this team, no matter the injuries, no matter the curse, whatever the heck this is we are going through, dont deserve this. I know the fans who have the greatest fan site in the world dont deserve this, and I know the organization that is commited to winning whether it be Owner, Coach, or GM, or Players doesnt deserve this!!!

PULL THE FREAKING TRIGGER ALREADY!!!

2. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Pull the trigger? On what? You wanna kill somebody?

...our hands are tied in more ways then one...

3. rocketsmetalspd

The trigger has to be pulled. Meaning some trade any trade to get this to be a respectable season. I know one will happend and I don't care if it is at the trading deadline something must be done just to save face at least. At this point I don't what type a trade it is just as long as the Rockets make a move. I am tired of going to work with all these Spurs fans down here in the Rio Grande Valley. :mad:

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Desperate moves won't help. We have to be realistic. Our chances of getting anything good in a trade is quite slim.
    We can get better in the offseason via the draft and with the MLE.

5. edc

edc Contributing Member

...and by hiring a new head coach.

6. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i didn't know he injured tmac and yao :confused:

7. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

First of all, our team wasn't build around Rafer, Wesley, And Howard.

It's based around Tmac, and Yao.

2nd of all, u take a team's focal points and centerpieces and they will have the crappiest team in the NBA.

What are the Bulls without MJ and Scottie?

Lakers without Magic and Kareem?

We were doing pretty good last year in the playoffs, and we the addition of a true PG and a Athletic 4, lets let them play together before we start cappin mfers cuz "we need to pull the trigger".

8. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

One thing I am pretty sure, they would have won some games.

And I am amazed that you just compared this crappy team to Bulls and Lakers. Even with Yao and T-Mac, this team is not good enough to win anything or deep into the playoffs.

9. barryxzz

barryxzz Contributing Member

Ouch, then we are doomed. :(

10. Jacquescas

Jacquescas Contributing Member

we are passed the point of desperate moves, every day our draft pick becomes more and more valuable and is now most likely completely off limits.

I dont see us making the playoffs unless we get everyone back before the all star break and we go on a run like the nuggets finished the season last year or the pistons started this year, both quite unlikely.

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I hadn't been following the standings lately, just the games and box scores. But I was curious to see how close Portland had gotten recently, so I took a look this afternoon. I was shocked to see that they were tied with us and that with a loss to the Hawks(which the Rockets were on their way to securing), we'd be the worst team in the West and 3rd worst in the league.

Injuries or no injuries, that's inexcusable. I'm not saying Van Gundy needs to be run out of town, but maybe CD and Les need to take personnel decisions out of his hands this offseason. Cuz right now with all these players out, this team has no one aside from Luther Head who can put the ball in the basket consistently and he's a rookie for chrissakes.

And another thing. No Van Gundy didn't whack T-Mac in the back or step on Yao's toe, but he did fill this roster with veterans who tend to be more injury-prone than younger players. That's totally on him and he needs to own up to it.

12. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

If you take Duncan and Manu out of the Spurs lineup, do they still lose to NOK, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Chicago?

If you take Wade and Shaq off the Heat, do they still lose to NOK, Charlotte, Atlanta, Sacramento, Toronto, and Chicago?

If you take Chauncey and Ben(or Rasheed or RIP) off the Pistons, do they stil lose to NOK, Charlotte, Atlanta, Sacramento, Toronto, and Chicago?

If you take Dirk and Howard off the Mavs, do they still lose to NOK, Charlotte, Atlanta, Sacramento, Toronto, and Chicago?

If you take Jermaine and Artest(or Stephen, or Jamaal, or whoever) off the Pacers, do they still lose to NOK, Charlotte, Atlanta, Sacramento, Toronto, and Chicago?

If you take Nash and Amare off the Suns, do they still lose to NOK, Charlotte, Atlanta, Sacramento, Toronto, and Chicago?

If you take Kidd and Carter(or Jefferson) off the nets, do they still lose to NOK, Charlotte, Atlanta, Sacramento, Toronto, and Chicago?

If you take Lebron and Z off the Cavs, do they still lose to NOK, Charlotte, Atlanta, Sacramento, Toronto, and Chicago?

If you take Pau and Damon off the Griz, do they still lose to NOK, Charlotte, Atlanta, Sacramento, Toronto, and Chicago?

If you took CWebb and Iverson off the Sixers, do they still lose to NOK, Charlotte, Atlanta, Sacramento, Toronto, and Chicago?

If you took Sam and Brand off the Clips, do they still lose to NOK, Charlotte, Atlanta, Sacramento, Toronto, and Chicago?

If you took Redd and whoever off the Bucks, do they still lose to NOK, Charlotte, Atlanta, Sacramento, Toronto, and Chicago?

If you took Kobe and Lamar off the Lakers, do they still lose to NOK, Charlotte, Atlanta, Sacramento, Toronto, and Chicago?

If you took Melo and Camby off the Nuggets, do they still lose to NOK, Charlotte, Atlanta, Sacramento, Toronto, and Chicago?

If you took Gilbert and Jamison(or whoever) off the Wiz, do they still lose to NOK, Charlotte, Atlanta, Sacramento, Toronto, and Chicago?

If you took Pierce and Davis off the Celtics, do they still lose to NOK, Charlotte, Atlanta, Sacramento, Toronto, and Chicago?

If you took Rashard and Ray off the Sonics, do they still lose to NOK, Charlotte, Atlanta, Sacramento, Toronto, and Chicago?

If you took Marbury and Curry off the Knicks, do they still lose to NOK, Charlotte, Atlanta, Sacramento, Toronto, and Chicago?

If you took Baron and Jason off the Warriors, do they still lose to NOK, Charlotte, Atlanta, Sacramento, Toronto, and Chicago?

If you took Bibby and Miller off the Kings....................
    If you took James and Bosh off the Raps..................
    If you took Al and Joe off the Hawks.....................
    of you took Kirk and Tyson off the Bulls.................
    If you took Brevin and Okafor off the Hornets............

I would only be willing to bet on the Hornets, Kings, and Hawks losing all those games.

And don't tell me that if we had DA or Stromile in there, we would be winning more of these games. We are losing to the worst teams in the league. Even with our injuries, we still have 3 starters on the floor. We should at least take one or two of these games but we haven't even had a chance. You can't fault effort. We just don't have the horses to get it done without our 2 supers. When our supers are in the game, they are overworked because we can't pull their minutes down and still win consistently. We are as deep as the intellectual thought of Paris Hilton.

Still, we're only what, 7 games out of the eighth seed??

I get the funny feeling that somebody else is holding up a trade with us because they are getting our draft pick and they are gonna let us keep losing so they can have the best chance at a lottery pick???? I can't think of any other reason for CD and Van Gundy not to be making a move. Van Gundy is not the kind of coach to ever tank for a draft pick. He'd still be trying to scrape out wins with us sitting on 50 losses.

13. WizzyWig

WizzyWig Member

man jopatmc, I hoped you used copy-paste....if not then I wish I had your kind of time.

PS - we get your point after the 1st two/three examples

14. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Chicago Cubs has the curse of Billy goat.

The Houston Rockets now enjoy the curse of Calvin Murphy. I saw this coming from a mile. The gods will be happy if we at least sacrifice Clyde "the clueless" Drexler and keep just Air Bull.

The gods are indeed very very very angry - we MUST appease them fast.

15. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

You obviously do not have a strong work ethic.

16. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

You don't just take the top 2, take about half of the next 8 players on the roster. In fact, leave'm with only 6 on the roster, then sign a couple of free agent scrubs (no offense).

17. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

That's a better representation of the situation. Yao, T-mac, Swift, DA, Barry, Sura

So remove 6 important pieces of any team and see how they fair, I don't think the results would be much different.

18. solid

solid Contributing Member

We all need to face this indisputable fact: the Rockets have the weakest group of role players in the league. TMac and Ming deserve a better supporting cast. This is on the coach and Rocket's management. Some very poor decisions have been made. For example, everyone in the league knew Anderson is rarely healthy. Were birth dates not available on many of the players brought here? For the Rockets to do better, they need better players. It is not really a mystery. Even when ALL are healthy, this team still does not have enough talent to make a title run.

19. xcomputerman

xcomputerman Contributing Member

Yeah, let's see how San Antonio would fare without Duncan, Tony Parker, Bruce Bowen, Robert Horry, Michael Finley and Nazr Mohammed. I left Ginobili in there on purpose. Even with one all star left on the team, there's no way they would survive, and you know it.

20. 12stonestool

12stonestool Member

Ah but there is the key MJ only missed like 2 games in his whole career than man was a warrior, honestly we try and put him and tmac in the same reference all the time even I do up here in Dallas when I talk my smack to Mav fans but really the main difference is MJ and friends wouldnt get injured and can be counted on at all ltimes...therefore leading to my conclusion that Tmac is not near MJ he has never been out of the first round but he is young right now and 2nd Tracy has back problems something MJ never had to deal with. With my final statement I say Tmac is one of the greatest players ever but can he stay healthy over his career. Jordan lost his father left and came back and won 3 championships. What will Tmac do next year or this year rather when he becomes healthy? Will we be talking about Tmac and his greatness in the same breath 10 years from now?