1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Rockets assign Scott Machado and Terrence Jones to RGV Vipers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sgl_carlos, Nov 30, 2012.

1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

The team did not have enough players to practice 5 on 5 when they called up Machado.

2. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Your a confused poster meandering about aimlessly with no real point to make. :eek:

1 person likes this.
  3. conquistador#11

i liked watching dmo and asik cheerfully practicing against each other prior to tip off. they can learn from each other. D-mo can assist in making that reverse spin off lay up asik's signature move, and asik can help dmo with all things defense.

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think posters here, and probably the general stigma around the NBA fanbase is embodied in this post here.

Fact is not D-Mo, Jones, Marcus Morris, or even Terrence Williams "Belonged" in the D-league. They are NBA talent level players, but they are on assignment there. That's a big difference.

D-Mo didn't earn anything by either going down there, or not going down there. Same with Jones, Morris, White or anyone else the Rockets send down there on assignment. Its just a way to keep their bench players who aren't seeing time some run, and to work on aspects of their game for a short period.

I dont think D-Mo has done anything that warrants him as a better player than Jones now, just as Jones didn't do anything before that warranted him as a better player at the time where he was on the active roster, and D-Mo was in the D-league for what...48 hours.

This D-League stigma is pretty inaccurate. The D-League is there for two reasons. For bad players like Courtney Fortson to spend a season or two in the hopes of getting good enough to make an NBA team, and for NBA talent players to comes down on assignment to get some playing time and work on their games for a short stint or two.

5. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

It's better for the young guys to play in the D-league, than sit on the bench with NO playing time at all.

6. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Good. Neither player is ready for the NBA yet.

7. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Yep, i assumed right..

@JasonCFriedman
    Carlos Delfino back at practice today. Chandler Parsons (shoulder) did not take part.

1 person likes this.
  8. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I agree with the statement that there is a general stigma in the D-league, especially amongst NBA players.

But I feel like if we are going to bring D-Mo over, but leave him in the d-league, we might as well have told him to stay over in Europe. Euroleague competition is going to help D-Mo's development a lot more than D-league, at least in my opinion.

9. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Remember, though, that the Rockets run basketball operations for the Vipers, so having D-Mo down in the RGV allows the Rockets to both FOCUS and CONTROL his development. Nick Nurse is a heck of a basketball coach and is teaching the Rockets' current system.

While Euroleague competition may be better for in-game competitiveness, the Rockets need to focus more on controlling D-Mo's development to make sure he learns THEIR system under THEIR guidance.

10. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

tjones did not look ready at all these past few games. he looked shook especially in that new york game when melo just freaked on him and he got yanked.

more minutes will do him good.

11. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I think Motiejunas is going to play since Chandler Parsons is injured. That will open Morris to play at the Small forward position and since there's no back up power forward, Motiejunas will have playing time. They better play him, or else what a waste of time calling him from the D league.

12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Parsons would get hurt... That figures. Don't have faith in D-Mo now but I have faith him him improving with time. Jones will tear up the D League. He's better than most players on this team he just needs a real opportunity with consistent starting minutes. As many mistakes as each player makes on this current team I don't see the difference between whose a rookie or not most times. Our rookies are not bad at all.

13. PASTORofMUPPETS

Same here. He shoots from his chest which I think will end up getting blocked quite often if he doesn't change his form. The coaches need to get his release up higher. I can see him being really effective with some work but right now I don't think he's ready.

14. SRR21

SRR21 Member

Isn't there a website to watch RGV games?

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Its really too bad that Machado isn't able to break into the rotation, as poorly as Lin and Douglas have played.

16. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

lol. PPat is still soft, but he has definitely step up.

17. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I hope Jones does not start tweeting 24/7. :grin: :eek:

18. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I think the plan all along has been to rotate the rookies back and forth between the Rockets and RGV this season. So none of this surprises me.

19. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

I believe this season they have a deal with Youtube. Don't know if you can watch the games live there (probably can on the D-League website), but you can watch the games after they happen.

20. ccjj

ccjj Contributing Member

Lin's last season in D league:

PPG 28.0
    RPG 11.0
    APG 12.0
    EFF +40.00