1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Rockets assign Scott Machado and Terrence Jones to RGV Vipers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sgl_carlos, Nov 30, 2012.

1. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Very good move my Morey imo. Jones can further develop in the D-League, which I'm very excited about. He kind of reminds me of Chris Bosh for some reason. Machado is whatever. Maybe he'll be a solid player, maybe not. I'm not too concerned with his situation at the moment (as I'm sure most of you are)

2. zzpot

zzpot Member

Maybe they are showing Royce White that they use RVG for training and playing time so players can get more game time reps as to just sitting at the end of the bench.

And the Rox have always said that this was their plan all along when they bought the Vipers.

zzpot

3. QazQay

QazQay Member

Is anyone else getting a 'time out on the court' box in the middle of the screen?

4. nbafever

nbafever Member

LOL at Machado for airballing that 3 in closing 3 min. Meanwhile JLamb has attempted close to 30 shots; top-scorer. TJones top-scores for us

5. QazQay

QazQay Member

TJones missed the gamewinner

6. allaroundplayer

t jones 27 pts 16 rbs, 9-17 fgs
    j lamb 33 pts, 13-33 fgs

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

8. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

lol, lamb with the kobe-like boxscore. ;)

(To be fair, he was like 10-18 in the 2nd half. But still a brutal first half.)

9. SRR21

SRR21 Member

I watched a lot of the game both of our rooks looked a little out of control to me.

10. pnr

pnr Member

What was Machado's statline?

11. mirus

mirus Member

12. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

They are not making moves just to impress something on RW.

Exactly what you said in the 2nd part of your post .. The Vipers are meant to be used as a tool and extension of the Rockets

13. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

If the rockets aren't committed to playing young guys regular minutes,its better they play in rgv. If nothing else to stay in basketball shape. Its easy to get out of shape with limited practice and not playing.

14. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

Yes they do unless that person just doesn't need to go. Budinger's sorry ass defense ensured Bang would never see the D-League.

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

5-12, 16 pts, 5 assts, 6 to's

16. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Dude, did you have to ruin it? Ignorant poster 'Prince' makes ignorant post and successfully gets ignored for a whole day and 5 pages, with a lot of people showing restraint to ignore the ignorance.

17. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

I'm glad Terrence will be getting significant court time in a competitive league. I happen to be a fan of sending talent to dleague. I think it's definitely going to help TJ. Scott looks like a real project. I'm less enthusiastic than I used to be. He's had a few dleague games now and has looked very average.

18. AFS

AFS Member

19. mirus

mirus Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BBAMU7IZfpg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

D-Mo highlights at d league

20. w00t

w00t Member

This is OLD. I want to see Jones and Machado highlights, but I guess they don't have dedicated lithuanian supporters to make dleague videos about them... :p