1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston officials actively exploring the trade market for Clint Capela, Eric Gordon and P.J. Tucker.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Jun 4, 2019.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

i didn't say i wanted to run it back?

2. mario_v

mario_v Member

You sound like a spoiled child that expects a new superstar every season.

Very few gms have acquired talent like harden, Howard and cp3 all within five years.

Moleb and Y2JT like this.
  3. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I think the most interesting variable here is the Lakers - clearly they have had a rough season but they still have the GOAT on their roster and they still have a relatively new, prideful GM trying to save some face after Magic exposed him as a snake. If AD either doesn't want to go the LA(pick a number of valid reasons why) or NO doesn't want to trade him there since bad blood because of tampering, I wonder if the Lakers would be desperate to make a splashy move and try to get CP3. Wade is moving to Cali so his kids can play ball with Lebron's kids - I don't think it would be a tough sell for Houston to convince CP to finish off his career in LA around his best friends. I'm not sure how the Lakers would do that with salary matching but if Morey were to get a couple of useful role players + some younger assets, he would instantly become a player in the trade market which is big given New Orleans and Boston are both primed to make some moves this summer along with anyone else trying to move around assets to chase AD, Kawhi, Durant, Kyrie, Klay, Boogie, Kemba, Jimmy Butler, Malcolm Brogdon, Middleton, Brook Lopez, Tobias Harris, etc. With Gordon & Capella also available, I could see Houston completely remaking this roster over the summer but if we could manage to get off of CP's contract too, that would be huge.

fattz likes this.
  4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

yeah that's sort of the point. the options are limited. pj isn't worth trading at all because he's not worth to another team anywhere near what he is worth to us. Clint is the only one that can maybe get us equal value in return. since I don't think we can get beal, or RoCo (gersson knows his value), I wouldn't mind clint for biyombo/12 or plumlee/10.

I don't mind gordon for dieng/11 as much as you do. not wanting his contract last summer was a different situation. it had 1 more year remaining then, and it would've sealed the deal on paying the tax. after next season he's a large expiring contract which is easily moved with a pick, and during next season he's a serviceable (albeit overpaid) center.

5. tc0330

tc0330 Member

The Houston Rockets have also entered the bidding on a Anthony Davis trade. Opening offer Clint Capela, Eric Gordon, 2019 and 21 1sts. -- @BasketballRehab

Correction 2020 and 22 1sts. Tomorrow I'll post a scenario where Rockets might be able to offer more. - @BasketballRehab

idk how accurate this is but thought i should share

6. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Why don't you put your thumb up your butt

izeroi likes this.
  7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

That twitter account has no credibility.

motleydeflep6, tc0330 and Rudyc281 like this.
  8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I have wondered why AD's name hasn't popped up more.

Sure, as the preacher asks in "Blazing Saddles", "Are we just jerking off?" But until you know you aren't getting the supermodel......

Would seem cruel to send Gordon back to New Orleans where they love him so much. Anyway, the Pelicans would at least ask for one more first rounder. We are talking about AD. In any case, Ainge will be on the other line, saying: "What are they offering? Hang up, I got better, you know I got better. We both know if you hang up on me you're just using them as a negotiating ploy."

tc0330 likes this.
  9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"That sounds like a dare, Harry."

"IT'S A DOUBLE DARE."

izeroi likes this.
  10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Eh i get the Dieng's contract thing, but if we're willing to pay more tax to have him now i think it would've been better to take him few months ago with the guarantee of getting Butler. Now we would still have a bad contract on the hump just to get a 11th pick...just not a fan of it tbh.

11. Vivi

Vivi Member

BasketballRehab lol

I only trust PotetoHead and ScoopB :D

tc0330 likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He acquired Harden 7 yrs ago.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Is that Holic in disguise? Or in rehab?

tc0330 likes this.
  14. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

To be sure, the Rox are in a dilemma WRT Harden.

That level of talent doesn't grow on trees.

OTOH, his style of basketball will never take Rox to finals. IMO, this was hammered home when KD went out. The Dubs reverted to the great passing team they used to be.

There's not a real good answer to the question, but I would bet there is some type of deal out there where you can get a handful of players -- none of them individually as talented as Harden -- but who are committed to playing team ball.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  15. tc0330

tc0330 Member

this other person i follow was saying the same.

I believe Eric Gordon and New Orleans have a mutual dislike for one another. I could see them getting a third team involved (i.e Pacers, Magic, Pistons) for EG, with that team sending their mid-first to New Orleans along with Capela and four Rockets FRP's ('20, '22, '24, '26). -- @RobKSports

The Wizards have a big hole at center, which Clint Capela could fill. Eric Gordon would also slide seamlessly into the rotation as Beal's replacement. Also works financially, and is a very good return for Washington that might only be topped by a potential Lakers offer. -- @RobKSports

16. tc0330

tc0330 Member

i figured, thought i should share "just in case"

17. izeroi

izeroi Member

[​IMG]

ROXTXIA likes this.
  18. izeroi

izeroi Member

BTW I know you were referring to dumb and dumber, but any time I hear "double dare" I think of that book....or the tv show.

19. R=$

R=$ Member

Incoming Players
    [​IMG] Andrew Wiggins
    24 year old, 6-8, 199 lb F from Kansas
    18.1 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 2.5 apg in 34.8 minutes in 2018-2019
    [​IMG] Robert Covington
    28 year old, 6-9, 225 lb F from Tennessee State
    13.3 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 1.3 apg in 34.4 minutes in 2018-2019
    [​IMG] Dario Saric
    25 year old, 6-10, 250 lb SF from KK Cibona (Croatia)
    10.6 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 1.6 apg in 25.0 minutes in 2018-2019
    Outgoing Players
    [​IMG] Clint Capela
    25 year old, 6-10, 240 lb PF from Chalon-Sur-Saone (France)
    16.6 ppg, 12.7 rpg, 1.4 apg in 33.6 minutes in 2018-2019
    [​IMG] Eric Gordon
    30 year old, 6-4, 215 lb G from Indiana
    16.2 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 1.9 apg in 31.7 minutes in 2018-2019
    [​IMG] P.J. Tucker
    34 year old, 6-6, 245 lb SF from Texas
    7.3 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 1.2 apg in 34.2 minutes in 2018-2019

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It doesn’t matter if it’s accurate or not. The Pelicans wouldn’t consider that trade in a million years lmfao.

tc0330 likes this.