1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston officials actively exploring the trade market for Clint Capela, Eric Gordon and P.J. Tucker.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Jun 4, 2019.

1. tc0330

tc0330 Member

if we're putting up tucker now, the return must be big.

2. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

They know that, but so do other teams Capela's trade value went down nit up after these playoffs. Gordon still has trade value and IMO I would not be surprised to see all 3 of them gone in 2 separate deals.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Plz trade Chris Paul. Please.

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

A lot of bad trades here bro.

amaru, True Rocket and ReturnOfTheMac like this.
  5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I’m ok with dangling Tucker if we get some great value for him.

Tucker is probably the most valuable trade piece we have in terms of value to the new NBA. His contract is perfect and nba teams would give more for him than Gordon.

Rudyc281 and mastan like this.
  6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

This has to be about getting AD. I DO NOT think we will get him. I DO think Morey will do anything to get him to pair with Harden. I DO NOT think Morey will move on until AD has been traded and for good reason. He's the perfect pairing with Harden and a once in a generation type of trade opportunity.

7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Agree. If moving Tuck was a non-starter last year for Butler, this has to either mean Morey's got his eyes on real big fish or he believes he can find a comparable player elsewhere.

Gordon to Indiana for the #18 pick

New Orleans receive:
    TJ Warren, PJ Tucker, Clint Capela, #6 pick, #18 pick, Future 1st from Houston. They build around Zion (#1), Culver (#6), TJ Warren, Capela with Tuck being the enforcer/vet.

Phoenix receive:
    Jrue Holiday, Future 1st from Houston

Houston receive:
    Anthony Davis

This should also generate a $14 million trade exception as Indy would absorb Gordon's salary with cap space

Empty
    AD
    Empty
    Harden
    Paul

Now you're going to have to use that $14 million exception to fill the 3 and 5 slot. If Portland is desperate enough to not pay taxes next season we could absorb Mo Harkless' salary ($11) using the trade exception. Now you have

Empty
    AD
    Harkless
    Harden
    Paul

Maybe you bring in a Dewayne Dedmon or some other replacement-level center?

Dedmon
    AD
    Harkless
    Harden
    Paul

OR

You move Capela to Atlanta for #10, move Gordon to Indy for #18. Now you run a different scenario:

New Orleans receive: TJ Warren, PJ Tucker, #6 from Phoenix, #10 and #18 from Houston.

They now can draft Zion (#10), Culver (#6), maybe Coby White at #10, take a flyer on Bol Bol at #18

Bol Bol
    Zion
    Tucker
    Culver
    White

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Spoiler alert for you...

You're not getting anybody close to Tucker's playoff impact this offseason, much less at the great contract he's on. If by "upgrade" you mean Anthony Davis? Then sure...pull the trigger. But another spoiler alert for you...they are not going to be getting Anthony Davis.

ReturnOfTheMac likes this.
  9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Capela
    EG
    Tucker

Three players whose value matches or exceeds their contract.

SHOCKING!

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Well thought out, but Pacers aren't going to move #18 for EG.... yet. While it might seem like a good deal, they probably really value their cap space right now. They could use it to make am ax offer to a Kemba, D'Angelo type. Which in both scenarios is better.

But if they still have enough room for a max, they might do Doug McDermott and #18 for EG. Then they're only gaining $6 million of salary.

steddinotayto likes this.
  11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

This is fair. I wouldn't mind McBuckets if it shakes out like that. In the last scenario where we move Clint for the #10 that would generate another trade exception we can use.

12. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

What if we’re all wrong about players morey wants, and the rockets are actually just trying to be some gross cross between the A’s and Texans?

13. htownballa1622

And i'm fine with that. My point was more on everyone wanting to get rid of Cp3 while keeping Tucker.

14. tc0330

tc0330 Member

one thing i've noticed on twitter so far is there has been a large abundance of reminders the past week that capela eg and tucker are being traded especially today. making me anxious af

Rudyc281 likes this.
  15. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

I don't think we can do better than those. tucker is only useful to a contending team who won't want to give us talent in return. gordon will be seen as a 1 year rental at best, or as cap relief. capela is a system player. none of them are going to garner a king's ransom. they are more valuable to us than they are to anyone else.

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

Those i didn't bold are not easy to complete but i can see why they might be worth it, the others i don't know, guys like Love, Barton, Olynyk, Warren or a pick outside of the lottery are not going to help us as much or more than Clint, Eric, PJ...i mean:

- moving PJ for Olynyk, Warren or Leonard would be absolutely horrible for us
    - Clint and Eric for Love definitely not good
    - with Barton you get a long term deal over Eric, but also a way worse player
    - giving up Eric and eat Dieng's contract just to get a 11th pick is bad, if we were ok with taking back Dieng we should've done that to take Butler

17. Nook

Nook Member

Nope, the Rockets are shopping them regardless.

18. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

How many MVP candidates did the Clippers have? They won as many games vs GS as we did with no MVP & our former role players

19. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Capela has way more value than some people think. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him bundled with Paul as an incentive to move Chris Paul’s albatross of a contract.

20. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Post the tweets