1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Henry Cavill will no longer be Superman

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by zeeshan2, Sep 12, 2018.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I feel for the people who have actually met and tried to make any sense of you.

Once a jabroni always a jabroni

2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

[​IMG]

Once a scrub ass, always a scrub ass.

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Eh, that's too bad. Like others have said, he was good typecasting. Sort of wooden but looked the part, and I suppose Superman is kind of boring anyway. WB hitting them out the park.

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

^^ Get a room, gaiz. Learn that each of your moms is named Martha and make up!

5. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Cavill was being wasted by those horrid people in charge of the DCEU. He'll be Bond.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  6. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

Cavill was a good Superman but a horrible Clark Kent. Hell Brandon Routh did a great job. Bring him back.

7. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I have not liked any of the newer Superman movies, but this maybe an exaggeration ... I "LOVE" Henry Cavill as Superman and his other characters. He's charismatic and interesting actor. He's one of the only good things about the Superman movies, and even with that they rarely give him anything to work with or show off his abilities. With Superman (78-86), even in the bad Superman movies, we always got to see a wide range of Reeves abilities as an actor ... being serious, being goofy, or being dark. I would pay the moon to keep Cavill, if I were the director or producer at the WB.

8. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Henry Cavill was an above average as Superman. Still, this is something that doesn’t benefit both parties since above average is the best DC live action movie have at the moment. Also, Cavill sucked ass in Mission Impossible, Superman was to him, as Brian O’Connor was to Paul Walker.

What a shame Nolan wanted to keep Bale’s Bat universe apart from the rest of the DCU, at this rate, I don’t think i’ll see a better DC film in my lifetime than the ones in the DK trilogy.

DC is a mess.

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What's sad is before Marvel Studios, at least from my childhood, DC seemed to be king because of their prominent lead superheroes in Superman and Batman.

It seems like Marvel has smacked DC around like a little child. DC won't recover for a while.

10. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Well I think many people believe DC is the better universe, characters are more detailed, it’s darker, more realistic, a lot of Marvel characters were inspired by DC.

DC’s animated movies are excellent for the most part, but that doesn’t matter if their big screen movies are terrible. I don’t think they’ll recover either, Aquaman doesn’t look too good.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It goes beyond that to me . .. . . .

1. He was edged out of his own sequel (batman V Superman . . .cause yea . . batman comes first )
    2. See what you posted
    3. He not getting a TRUE Sequel

I thought he nailed THE LOOK OF SUPERMAN
    Better than anyone since Reeves

They gave him little to nothing to work with.

Rocket River

plutoblue11 likes this.
  12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I found Marvel to be more grounded

Someone described it like this
    DC = GODS trying to be Humans
    Marvel = Homans given god like powers

Everyone in DC is so overpowered, ambiguously powered and boring
    Honestly . . .the best DC (esp if you like dark) was the VERTIGO imprint

Marvel just had a more humane vunerable characters to me

Rocket River

rockbox and FLASH21 like this.
  13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

DC ANIMATED IS FANTASTIC
    BATMAN TAS and SUPERMAN TAS then JUSTICE LEAGUE
    Cartoons were great . ..even YOUNG JUSTICE

The crazy part about Aquaman is. . . .. the best compliment people are giving it is .. . "It feelss like a Marvel Movie"

that has to hurt

Rocket River

Invisible Fan, Reeko and Obito like this.
  14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

That's an excellent description.

15. Caesar

Caesar Member

What a **** show.

I actually love Man Of Steel. The bloated action can be overwhelming but for the most part one of my favorite superhero films.

The rest of the DC stuff since is just trash.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  16. Caesar

Caesar Member

Losing affleck and cavill and the overall disappointment with the DC cinematic universe would have been a perfect opportunity to use the Flash as an excuse to reboot under new leadership and vision. A cinematic version of Flashpoint Paradox where the Flash goes to an alternate dimension with different actors playing Superman, Batman etc. You can keep the Flash and have another flash that eventually becomes the main flash of that world. Full reboot.

But no. Let’s keep this **** show going and focus more on completely unrelated solo films during the DC universe. That won’t confuse anyone.
    Let’s take it another step by playing to the PC crowd and make female superheroes the focal point. Maybe let’s recast all the males as black men as well. That black panther movie made a lot of money! We can make even more! Can you imagine a black Batman and black Superman fighting against racist evil white villains?!? Bald neo nazi, sexual predator Lex Luthor played by Kevin Spacey! Genius! Joker? Green hair? Let’s give him blonde hair to look like Donald Trump! It’ll be HUGE! Let’s combine John Stewart and Hal Jordan’s characters into...get this... a bi racial female green lantern! It’ll be HUGE! Multiple movie build up and planning? NO! Let’s put them all in one giant movie NOW!

BruceAndre, droxford and Jontro like this.
  17. Caesar

Caesar Member

And i'd be fine with recasting different ethnicity and sexes in an alternate dimension, but it just always annoys me that the only sign of this supposed equality is to just cast females and black people. Show me you really do give a **** and throw in some Asians, or middle eastern or Indians or hell..that second most population..you know...hispanic/latinos? Instead of just making them stereotypes. A martial artist bad asian or a beta loser taxi driver who tries to kill a guy because he cant get a girl or some gangster wannabe cholos that get annihilated by old man logan. And when they do try and cast outside of female and black, they pass it off to us as some big triumph when its just some racially ambiguous person like pacific islander Jason Mamoa who is half white and looks every bit the part. He looks like a slightly more tanned long haired scruffy version of Billy Zane. Whatever man. ****ing lame ass gangster cholos and cartel members is all my future children will have to look up to and of course opt to idolize beautiful white and black people only. Yay to beta brown sidekicks to establish the racial hierarchy of the alpha white and black leads.

End rant.

#57 Caesar, Sep 12, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    Invisible Fan likes this.
  18. Sajan

Sajan Member

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

DC SUCKS

Cavill should be happy because there is nothing promising about what DC is doing. Compare a movie like Justice League to any Avengers movie, and the difference is so clear.

I’ve said it once, and I’ll say it again

Marvel

[​IMG]

DC

[​IMG]

Batman v. Superman was some of the dumbest sh*t I’d ever seen.

Sajan likes this.
  20. PeppermintCandy

It looks like DC will try to replace Batman and Superman while keeping the actors for the other Justice League characters. AND go with two different actors for Joker.

Kudos to them if they pull this off.