1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Henry Cavill will no longer be Superman

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by zeeshan2, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

lelz, not gonna pay for another dc production, as much as i am a sicker for superheroes. will stream instead.

meanwhile let me throw some cash on marvel's way.

Reeko likes this.
  2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Michael B. Jordan Reportedly Among Actors Being Considered to Replace Henry Cavill

https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/09/12/superman-michael-b-jordan-dc-movies/

An American should be playing superman. A britisher being cast is like an American being cast as James Bond. Superman is a quintessential American character. His primary colors are red and blue born during the great depression.

3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Uhhhh, WUT? Michael B jordan already ruined Johnny Flame and was annoying as hell as Killmonger. No fuggin thank you. DC really is the worst.

fba34 likes this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah but that's absolutely a DC type move, they'll see that Black Panther was universally loved (and even if you didn't, you had to pretend like you did) despite not being a very good movie and they'll want to get in on that....and they probably think that casting Michael B Jordan as Superman would be a way to do that. Again, a very DC type move.

5. donkeypunch

Its so stoopid though. Why not reboot a Green Lantern with John Stewart or have a dedicated Cyborg film? Both of those, fans would get on board with.

6. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Ummm.

1.) Fox ruined the ENTIRE Fantastic Four just to put out a sh!tty movie and keep the rights to the name.

2.) How exactly did he "ruin" Killmonger?

Here come the extremists ready to burn Michael B. Jordan to the ground... just cause Superman CAN'T be black. When no one has even begun auditioning for the f***in role.

Rocket River likes this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well they do have a Green Lantern Corps movie scheduled somewhere down the line, but I don't think that would make the kind of waves that they are going for. Plus, that would make WAY too much sense for people as incompetent as those who run the DCEU to ever consider.

8. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

I thought I also read that Ben Afleck was done as Batman too. Makes me wonder what they plan for Justice League. Also, Michael B. Jordan was an awesome Killmonger.

The new superman

[​IMG]

#28 K mf G, Sep 12, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    Rockets34Legend likes this.
  9. donkeypunch

Calm your ass down jabroni. Go back and read. You always seem to have a hard time with that.

Im an extremist for having my opinion? By your standards, wouldnt you consider yourself the opposing extremist with your rants and b****ing?

Im sitting over here thinking to myself, "Man, I cant wait for a white guy to play the next Bruce Lee or an Asian guy to play the next T'challa in the Black Panther reboot". See how stupid that sounds?

BruceAndre likes this.
  10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

DC needs to give the role a rest for a few years. No need to fill the role immediately.

Superman is a boring character anyway IMO.

Jontro, Obito and B-Bob like this.
  11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

All that and your ass still can't explain your stupid ass take.

But I'M the illiterate one. Sure!

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

also Affleck is in rehab so no way he can be batman again

K mf G likes this.
  13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They should either just shut everything down and start clean with everything after 2 year hiatus to develop a long term sustainable universe

A_3PO likes this.
  15. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

It is amazing but such an iconic character has been screwed up for several films now, going back to Brandon Routh.

Henry Cavill did a good job. The producers, writers, directors? Nope.

Supposedly Affleck is done with Batman, too. He looked the part.

Again, after "Justice League", I can't blame these guys for hanging up the capes. Gal Gadot can lasso me up any time, although I don't know if there's a shelf life for a female superhero actress. She should be able to continue in the role for a couple more films. I don't suspect there'll be another Justice League movie for her to appear alongside new actors playing Batman and Superman.

EDIT: Just saw the above post. Is he gowanns to quit or not?

16. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Plan, LOL. What makes you think these chumps plan anything, they just do. The fact that Suicide Squad was released instead of another movie to relieve the clusterf**k of BvS tells you everything you need to know about how well they plan s**t.

We may have 2 joker movies planned, and a Harley Quinn movie...with no Batman. We may not have Superman either, or a Supergirl, but we have a Shazam.

Marvel laid out such a simple, by the number blueprint for a lucrative superhero universe, and Warner Bros. just decided to do the complete opposite and make a bunch of lousy, overstuffed movies, with underdeveloped characters. It's infuriating.

Invisible Fan and K mf G like this.
  17. donkeypunch

Explain what exactly? How he ruined Killmonger, AS YOU PUT IT? Like I said, go back and read you illiterate jabroni. And who dafuq are you to demand an explanation of my own opinion? Once a jabroni always a jabroni.

You should suggest Greg Williams for the next role.....

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

As if Caville was the problem with the DC universe. That franchise has been complete trash from what should have been an easy slam dunk.

19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

At least DC produces some solid related products features below the thread:

upload_2018-9-12_13-34-37.png

Jontro likes this.
  20. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

When your opinions are sh!tty and pointless, it's usually best to keep them to yourself.

But you wouldn't know **** about that from the looks of your post count.... Scrub ass dude.