1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Greetings from Sacramento...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by carmichael dave, Feb 8, 2009.

1. TheRocketShow24

Well said, Yao Ming is the better overall player, defensively Dwight is better though. But then again even Tyson Chandler is better defensively.

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

So, Carmichael are you going to let us know how much Ron dislikes Tracy?

3. MarcStein2222

MarcStein2222 Member

4. carmichael dave

Haha.

Guys, we're friends. We talked about the weather and the "civilian life" in Houston, as compared to Sacramento. Summer plans, his house back here, etc.

I don't share off-air conversations because that's the golden rule. Its how you become friends and not just colleagues. I can't be cool on a personal level with someone if they think everything is "on the record".

I really wasnt trying to lead anywhere when I said we had a talk, other than it reminded me of the board, and was curious about your thoughts.

Enjoy, and I really hope you all turn it on in the second half. I'm obviously a Kings fan, but would have ZERO problem with a Rox title for Ronnie, and us getting the #1.

PS: Draft held today......Dwight gets taken before Yao.

The whole "Yao dominates DH" thing always makes me smile.

Imagine a GM saying "Yeah, that player is really awesome. But when he plays team X, player Y always kicks his butt. Therefore I'd rather have Player Y."

If that logic were valid, than Al Jefferson is the better player than Yao hands down after the monster he threw down last week. I don't buy it.

Just my opinion................I could be wrong.

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I heard Sacremento's levies are worse than New Orleans, apparently the city is not prepared for flooding.

What is Kevin Johnson going to do to protect the city?

I like Ron. I never question that guy's effort.

6. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Almost sure its going to be the one year rental scenario for Ron. IMO, both sides will agree to part company after the season. The Rox won't keep him because the team needs players with speed and athleticism and Ron won't stay because he'll never be the featured player with Yao and Mcgrady as teammates. Just have the feeling that Ron would rather be somewhere else other than Houston if he could make the same money.

7. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Cool, friends. Great. Go Rox, turn it on - Sac can get 'lesser' #1 pick.

The Jeff logic works excet for the fact that he is a fine fellow with an ever improving game and an overall pro winning record probably under as in be-low .400. DH might be better than YM, but if so you're still talking two elite NBAers. Why quibble. BTW - I'm a Yao-man. I like Dwi-Ho, but it's Yao for me.

Go Sac - figure it out and get back on the NBA stage.

8. TheRocketShow24

No one is saying Dwight has less potential, currently most Houston Rocket fans would take a Yao over a Dwight, and some analysts feel that way currently too. No one is denying Dwight's FUTURE greatness, currently though, he is not the best center in the league.

Let it go..... Ron Artest would even defend me. ;)

9. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

One can debate all day how one player might be better than the next, but there is no debate that Yao brings in more money than Howard. Therefore, if the draft was held today, yao gets taken before Dwight ... simply because of the $$$.

10. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

I think if you want to go for a championship, you take Dwight over Yao. Yao is most likely better than Dwight, but Yao can't take on the refs.

11. carmichael dave

I dont get the potential part in regards to Howard vs Yao:

PTS:

DH- 20.6

Yao- 20.0

Rebounds:

DH: 14.1

Yao: 9.4

Blocks:

DH: 2.92

Yao: 1.73

Steals:

DH: .98

Yao: .42

FG%

DH: 56.4

Yao: 55.1

DH: 23

Yao: 28

Turnovers:

DH: 2.81

Yao: 3.08

Yao has a very significant edge in FT%, and a slight edge in assists.

Dwight is beating him pretty much across the board, and has 5 years on him. I do not understand the "future potential" thing, the future is here.

As to the money aspect of the two players, and what they bring in, that is a salient point. In that respect, Yao has the edge. I was speaking more to who the better player is, not who has the country of origin that spends the most money. But I brought the GM question into it, so that's fair play. A good point.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

I give Dwight the advantage for staying healthier. However, head to head, Yao has played well against him.

Dwight is still raw. I would hack a Dwight cause I don't think he can make free throws in crunch time.

And you keep dodging my Kevin Johnson posts. How's he as a major? Is he going to help the Kings get a new arena or fix the levies?

13. carmichael dave

Yao vs Dwight head to head is a goofy argument. Who cares? There are 28 other teams they play against that matter.

MAJOR!!! Ok, I saw what you said earlier, but I didnt understand. Mayor....now that I get.

I dunno, he's only been here a couple months as mayor. Sacramento has the most red tape in the nation, so we'll see. The mayor has historically had their hands tied, its more of a meet and greet position lately....and in that aspect, I imaging KJ will do just fine.

14. TheRocketShow24

Stats tell the entire story? Are you saying Chris Bosh is better than Kevin Garnett now? You being a member, I don't know how that happened to be honest. But it seems like you are just stirring up trouble for the Rocket fans, Carmichael Dave.

Why don't you argue with your boy Artest about who is the best center, you know Since Artest actually plays with Yao? I'll take Artest's opinion over yours anyday.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

My bad, Mayor KJ. I figure having an major who's an NBA player would help the Kings.

My position on Dwight is I don't know how good he'll be, but his popularity has skyrocketed because of the dunk contest. I still think he's raw and I'd rather have Yao shooting free throws in the 4th. Force Howard to make jumpers from the outside and I think he's a liability.

16. carmichael dave

its an old playful debate guy, keep your g-string unpuckered.

and i just called Ron and asked him about you, and he said you were being a ding dong.

i value his opinion.

17. TheRocketShow24

Interesting, I am being a ding dong. I don't mind you as a person, I could careless what you do. But there was no need to stir up Yao-Dwight debates on here, especially when this topic was mainly about Tru Warrior Ron Artest.

You value his opinion, so you should agree with his opinion.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

I just want to know if Ron and Vernon Maxwell ever hung out.

That would be so awesome. I think they'd be good friends.

tell me I support him cause I love his tenacity something that was lacking in some of our 'other players'. I don't care if he misses a bunch of shots, as long as he plays on the other end that's what helps us.

19. carmichael dave

Well, if an arena deal gets done, i'll thank KJ. he's obviously more sympathetic than a "normal" mayor.

I agree on the free throw comment, of course. I dont know if its possible to "force" DH to do anything, much less shoot from the outside.

And although he opened a lot of eyes with his fun dunk performance, I'm pretty sure those MVP-type numbers are the main reason he's getting so popular. And you helped with one of the main reasons I dig him....he's STILL a little raw. Putting up the stats he's doing now, on a very good Magic team, its scary where this dude will be in 2-4 years.

And yes, RS24.....I would take Bosh over KG on my team if a draft was held today. You'd have to be short bussing it if you thought otherwise.

20. carmichael dave

Dude, you act like I started asking questions about Columbine and 9/11. I saw some of my old friends in here, dropped a DH>Yao line, some comments were made, and we're off and running.

I didnt know I was violating your interwebs terms of operational +14 buster sword shapeshifter ring qualifications by talking about more than one thing. I shall cast eternal shame on myself for throwing the online world into a frenzy before I return to my World of Warcraft game.