1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Greetings from Sacramento...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by carmichael dave, Feb 8, 2009.

1. TheBigAristotle

It's the Eastern Conference. Also known as the "Useless Conference just now coming out of obscurity". Put "DH" in the West and we'll see how he does.

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But when they play against eachother, who does the raping?

3. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Who cares Yao gets outplayed by guys like Boozer, Al Jefferson, and some other mediocre centers does that mean they are better?

4. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Unless of course he re-signs after we win a ring this year.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

1. The Rockets as assembled won't win a ring this year.

2. The Rockets will not resign Ron, IMO.

3. I hope knote32 is right.

:D

DD

6. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

No he does not.

Yao always kills Dwight, The Rockets ALWAYS kill the magic.

Yao gets the better of Al Jefferson, Because he WINS.

Boozer playing Yao is just a positional mismatch...
    Yao has had some monster games against the Jazz even with the circumstances.

7. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Haha, classic...:)

8. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

my impressions as follows:

Ron does not have a clear idea of what his role is. A lot of this is because with all the injuries he has not gotten to play in one role consistently with a consistent set of players around him. He doesnt seem to know how to play with tracy especially. I think he's been badly influenced by tracys poor leadership and general lack of effort. More than anyone else he seems to play to the level of intensity of the rest of the team. I would have hoped he would be more like KG in Boston, where he could keep a level of intensity up even if the rest of the team is slacking off. He seems very frustrated, actually. I think the fact that he doesnt really know what he's supposed to be doing within the offense, and that the offense by and large has been garbage this year have really created a lot of dysfunctional behavior, both by him and tracy. I think Rick has to be much more of a disciplinarian with those two and set expectations and roles for them to play within the offense. Jacking up shots just because you can is not the kind of offense this team needs, and it was bad enough when tracy was the only one doing it.

Defensively he's been a mixed bag. As strong as advertised for sure. I think the job he has done on the bigger wings has been awesome. He has definitely struggled with lateral quickness especially navigating screens, and chasing 2s. To some degree that shouldnt have surprised me except for the fact that Ron's reputation is that he can guard anyone 1-4 on the floor. I would say to this point in the season I disagree with that.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

BTW......Leeb.....

I find it funny that you think Ron's defense has suffered because of his ankle injury, but you don't give the same respect to Battier.

;)

DD

10. MacSauce

MacSauce Member

i think its still a work in progress. i also think ron will be good for this team as soon as we starting flowing again.

11. carmichael dave

I miss you guys.

There are a ton of positives listed in this thread about Ron, but you all forgot one other thing: He makes message boards even BETTER!

Speaking of deaf dumb and blind....I can't find a search function on this site, and I would love to see what ever happened to the Yao vs Dwight thread. That discussion was a blast.....

Sincerely,

That rookie guy from Cali

12. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Does Ron still come on here? Post?

13. D-Lite

D-Lite Contributing Member

Unfortunately, for us "members" the search function is disabled..

Only contributing members have the search function enabled

14. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I've said this for awhile, but Artest isnt the only reason why they want win a ring.

1. Scolandry doesnt compliment yao. They are productive players, but neither can challenge players at the rim when he's pulled from the rim or out the game. Neither are floor stretchers that can make the opposite big run all the ay to the 3pt line. They both struggle with the same type of player.

2.Rafer at pg. That kills his stong point as well as tracy's. He's now the psuedo sg which he cant be because he's a suckie shooter.

3.No versitility.

4. No size

15. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I have always been a closet believer of this....

Marcus Camby as the Rockets PF would be bliss....

16. leebigez

I know the teams defense has been better with Ron starting and playing vs Shane. Now you can crunch the numbers and see if you dont believe it, but as much as you say he hasnt played good defense, the teams numbers have been better. For the record, i didn say more than a few times, shane is still struggling with his ankle. I guess he didn't rehab either.

17. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

What does that mean?

18. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

disagree on #3. with the length the rockets have at the wings, they are very versatile. tracy, ron, and battier can all play multiple positions. they lack versatility only with their bigs. not many teams have that kind of versatility though, LAL and Boston only really.

on point #2, if tracy did what he was supposed to do - i.e. be a scorer, then this wouldnt be a problem. people really underestimate how many of the rockets' problems stem from tracy's neverending indecision about how he wants to play.

#4 is less of a problem as stated - the rockets problem is athletic size. finishing at the rim. blocking shots. with two players above 7'0 i dont think you can say they dont have size. what the rockets lack is weakside athleticism, like a nene, or a camby, or a gerald wallace . . .

19. leebigez

I doesnt even have to be camby eventhough i think that would be perfect. This summer with the whole Landry deal, i talked about certain players that would help the rox beyond production. Turiaf,Boone,Anderson, Tim Thomas. I think the 4 man playing with yao either needs to be either or. He either needs to be a eakside shotblocker/goal tender that can play the 4 with yao and play center when he goes out. Tht is Camby,Turiaf,Anderson,Williams or he nees to be a floor stretcher hybrid 3/4 guy. Thats Tim Thomas or a guy like the lakers just traded in radman. Let me give a clear example. Thats why against NY, Tim thomas was getting free because its not natural for any of our 4's to guard a guy that far from the basket. Also, when teams pul yao away from the basket to open the baseline, we dont have a pf that can challenge shots at the goal. So basically like i've said, a guy that will kill scola, will kill landry also. There isnt any balance there.

20. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I wish more than anything that Eddie Griffin could have figured himself out....

He was one of the most talented shotblocker/rebounders I have
    ever seen, and he had a nice touch from range as well. Ugh that
    makes me sad right there...:(