1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Greetings from Sacramento...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by carmichael dave, Feb 8, 2009.

1. carmichael dave

It means that Ron is always great conversation, no matter what.

2. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

is this the one of which you speak?

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=158064&page=1

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ahhh, I see, He really has exploded the message boards more than usual.

No matter what he does, I think everyone would agree that it is refreshing
    to have a Tru Warier.

btw, You did not respond to my other post:)

4. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

They lack versitility in their bigs and when you have a guy like Yao you need some. Wing players are always interchangable. Thats why most call them wing players and not really specific to 2 or 3. Unless the guy is a undersized guy like Iverson, on switches, it doesnt matter about 2/3. The rox have 4 players whom are the same at 4/5. Yao and Yao are slow lumbering types. Neither can guard a okur/brad miller type of center. The scolandry combo cant guard the 6'10 athletic guy. Neither center can play together and neither 4 can play together. So the rox have slotted guys that struggle or have the same success against the same players. Thats why Utah is always a bad matchup for the rox. La is a bad matchup as well as in the very,very near future portland. I will maintain that Scola or Landry needs to go. I dont care which one, but 1 needs to go.

5. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

not all teams have the kind of versatility at the wings that the rockets do. to have three guys around 6'8" who can guard 2s, 3s, and occasionally 4s is a nice luxury.

but i do agree that scola and landry are redundant defensively. if i get a choice, i trade landry for someone like either a speights or a g-wall. problem is that athletic shotblockers are . . . expensive. look at dalembert and camby.

6. NateNate

NateNate Member

Usually when someone say private its bad things! If it was good you wouldnt have no problem telling us! RON DOESNT LIKE US! :( :( I KNEW IT, THANKS DADAKOTA its all your fault...........

7. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I'd be interested t hear what Ron mentioned to you in his "private talk" about his time here in Houston. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be a two way street here. That's cool, I'll answer anyways.

For me, Ron has been the biggest dissapointment since the Pippen aquisition. A major factor probably is that I was a big fan of his before the trade, and had lofty expectations for him. I'll start off with a few things that have happened recently. At the beginning of the year, he said he had no problem coming off the bench or doing what the team asked. Since then (in two quotes from the chronicle), he has hinted that coming off the bench is the reason for his shooting woes. He also called out TMac in the press. While I typically don't have a problem with someone questioning Tracy's effort, I do when it's a guy that is clearly playing well below expectations on both ends of the court. I've followed Ron since St. Johns, His passion for the game and aggressiveness just aren't here with Houston. He's become a ball stopper and doesn't have a clear role in the offense. To offset that, he takes poor shots. Part of that is on Adelman as well. Too often, Ron is gambling on the defensive end for steals, thus exposing our apoor interior defense. I know Ron was a lockdown perimiter defender last year, he has yet to be that for us. I am also surpised at his lack of team defense. He has been slow to rotate on the pick and roll (constantly over committing), and has been slow on the help side. On offense, he's forcing a lot of things that aren't there. His dribbling is way below average this season and before last night, he had pretty much abandoned his post game (which I feel was one of his stengths).

This isn't a post slamming Ron. I was a big fan before he got here. I honestly am shocked to see this in a contract year. I also think his committment to the team should be much better. Just my 2 cents thouugh

8. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

if that private talks involve great things, i think the OP would reveal them already.

since that's not hte case, i'm take a guess that ron is not going to resign here. 1 year rental.

9. rocketsmetalspd

Nuff Said here. DH can not dominate Yao.

10. Eddy F.

Eddy F. Member

Ron is great, someone just needs to remind him that his forte is in his inside game, not jacking up threes. I'm just surprised at how trigger happy he is at the three-point line. Other than that, I think he's been pretty good for the Rockets.

11. andoks

andoks Member

12. andoks

andoks Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jBx8LSwqRpE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jBx8LSwqRpE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

13. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

The coming off the bench part is why i said start him. It the reason why Finley starts in front of manu. Some guys are just better starting and he is one of them. Shane will bring what shane does no matter. He came off the bench in memphis with Posey starting, so i dont see the big deal. i would rather ron starting and bringing shane off the bench.

14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I can't believe people here have already given up on the team. I am very dissapointed in the people who say we won't win a ring this year. That just breaks the golden rule of fandom.

15. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

hey Cd.

Don't be such a stranger.

The recurring theme of the season is I like it a lot more if the Rockets were healthy.

Same Seems to be true of Rons time here.

I still have faith that if healthy down the streatch this team can compete with the best. I'm probably one of the few who still hold out hope but I know a healthy Ron is an asset that could greatly aid that cause.

Tell him to get healthy.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

17. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

Dave, I absolutely LOVE your interviews with Artest. Is there any way you could make a deal with one of the local radio shows and Ron, or even an online show? I bet it would sell a lot of advertising. You guys have great chemistry, and there's nothing like it in Houston. Check in with Clutch for ideas.

The Search feature is reserved for members who have contributed, and they then are designated a "contributing member," and able to search, except for times of high traffic, when it's shut off to keep the site functioning well. Clutch has a lot of expenses with servers,etc. and the Search feature uses up more resources than most of the features here. I'm sure you could afford a small contribution to join in on the core here, and it would be of value for you when you are wanting data at your fingertips for your show.

Here's where to make that contribution and get your search feature working.

:)

18. topfive

topfive CF OG

Except head-to-head, when Yao consistently OWNS Howard.

Just sayin'.

19. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I dont believe we will trade Ron, some of you guys are just not patient enough. Neither, Mcgrady and Artest are healthy and are better than what they have shown. Carmichael Dave, Yao is a more gifted offensive player. If you want to say Dwight's better because of his defense then I guess I will take Camby over Yao as well. When you can run the ball through Dwight late in games, you can come in here with that argument.

20. TheRocketShow24

Hmm... Carmichael Dave. I believe your boy Ron Artest said Yao Ming was the best center in the league.

No need to throw out a soft jab at Yao Ming. Ron Artest is the enforcer.