1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Greetings from Sacramento...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by carmichael dave, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I hope he stays a Rocket for multiple years.

He has struggled at times, often due to health, but helps the team overall.

2. The Brian

The Brian Member

haha, have a joint and mellow out, man.

3. meh

meh Contributing Member

Seriously, what is there to say about him? He's certainly not played up to his billing. But whether this is due to injuries and lack of cohesion or his fault is still uncertain.

Also, the Rockets brought him to win in the playoffs. So in that sense his grade will continue to be INC until the end of the season.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I have to say he's a PLAYER. He does everything he can to try to make this team win. I don't think he brings the same scoring he did in Sac but thats probably because he doesn't have the ball as much. His spirit is here, so hopefully he stays to be our "Maxwell".

I don't see him as a superstar but I do see him as a team leader. He has HEART.

He can be the balls that makes this team believe that they can beat any team in this conference.

5. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

Ron ron'd grade will come in the play-offs.

He and Yao will make sure there is no first round choke job again.

6. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

He and Yao will make sure there is no first round choke job.

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He and Yao will make sure there is no first round choke job.

8. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He needs to shoot better and play solid defense instead of just going for steals.
    I like him as a person,he brings toughness but he needs to play much smarter.He didn't need to imply that McGrady needs to set the defensive tone either,everyone needs to do their job to the best of their abilities.
    I want him to succeed as a Rocket.

9. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

The man is a man, and has been a good Rock.

I want to see Artest as well as Mac (and Battier) when they get their health and time and intensity er, chemistry sorted.

I believe in the long spring run, and RA will be a big part of it.

Yao has been the only consistently performing Rock (and faces much more on O than DH has to BY FAR). YM also does a great deal more on D than he is popularly credited for. He is a man.

10. joesr

joesr Member

I am hoping he stays with us after the season if that answers it.

Do you think DH is better if one on one? Because previous games should answer that. Stat wise maybe but what he brings to the team as whole definitely not.

11. Dei

Dei Member

Great. So the sensible folks have been hiding all along. All the "include Artest as filler for xxxx-mediocre-player-xxxx" and "Von Wafer should be our starting 2 guard" posts had me thinking only idiots were left.

12. DthenA

DthenA Member

i rager to see Ron playing with a healthy ankle.

13. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Put it this way, I'd be really happy if by next season we managed to keep Ron and traded TMac for something worthwhile ...like a starting PG.

14. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Dude, it's Carmichael Dave. What are you talking about?

15. just-so

just-so Member

who is DH ?
    :rolleyes:

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Ron doesn't fit.

He and McGrady are both ball stoppers and they have so far failed to run the offense, the Rockets are better when only one of them plays or is on the floor at one time.

His defense has been vastly overated, he continualy gets blown by on the perimeter and he tries for the reach from behind steal exposing our bigs to foul trouble.

He is not as good as advertised on the block and loses the ball on the dribble against quicker players.

All that being said, he has played hard, and seems to care more about winning than our highest paid players.

I think the Rockets are looking to trade him for a more complimentary piece.

And Sherlock saying it is up to the coach is partially right, a coach can not fit a round peg into a square hole.....look at Popovich, he has defined roles and the front office goes out and gets players that fit there....if not...they move em on....

DD

17. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Agreed, sorta. It's clear one of them has to go. I'd rather keep Ron and trade TMac. I'd rather have players that attack the basket and play with heart than players that shy away from contact and rarely get emotional about anything.

That said, you gotta be certain you can resign Artest. Cause you don't wanna trade TMac and then lose Artest to FA.

18. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

And how many games have you seen them play together?

Like 5? lol...

And btw, If you had a player pole determining the best defender in the NBA,
    I can guarantee you Ronald would be at the top. The guy is straight up FEARED. Something the Rockets have not been in years...

19. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

I love the element he brings, especially in the big games. He has struggled, but I think he will be huge for us in the playoffs.

20. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Yes, That Celtic game made me a believer, as did his defense on
    Lebron when Battier was just dominated...

His mere presence makes offensive players **** themselves...