1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Great Article on Texas A&M's Jerrod Johnson

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocketfanatic2, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Rocketfanatic2

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/john_lopez/09/30/jerrod-johnson/index.html

Just wanted to share this article. Don't pay too much attention to the football part, but about the story behind his life. It doesn't matter what college you like, this is a great story, and you can't deny it. I have great respect for Johnson. If only there was more people on this earth like Jerrod and his family. Great stories like this need to be spread to the public. God bless them. :)

2. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I just posted this article in the John Lopez thread. I honestly couldn't get pass the football part because it's so terrible.

I like Johnson though, he's gonna be a good one for the Ags.

3. Convictedstupid

Great article. Their family is truly amazing.

4. tracymac

tracymac Member

I went to Humble High School with him. Never knew any of the back story...Amazing stuff...

5. Rocketfanatic2

Really? That's cool. :cool: Did you ever meet him, or were you friends with him?

6. tracymac

tracymac Member

I had one class with him. I think it was Criminal Justice or something along those lines. I definitely knew who he was. He was kind of a big deal. Never talked to him tho...

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Johnson leads the nations #1 offense and has thrown no picks.

8. PointForward

PointForward Member

I freaking love Jerrod, awesome awesome player/person. He has made huge strides since he's been here, and despite the fact that we're playing $h!t teams, he has shown that he is an excellent quarterback and a great decision maker.

even though those first 3 games can't really tell us anything about how this season will turn out, I'm really starting to believe that the Aggies can surprise everyone. Can't wait for the Arkansas game to get a better idea of where this team is..

9. reckonerone42

reckonerone42 Member

My mom works for Humble ISD and as such got to interact with Mr. Johnson every once in a while and meet Jerrod on one occasion. When she found out that Mr. Johnson had died, I don't think I've ever heard her so shaken up. Everyone in the district thought the world of him, and then some. And Jerrod is a really, really good guy. Even after he wiped the field with my high school and Humble's arch rival Kingwood year after year, he always stayed classy throughout the game and my friends at Humble who knew him had nothing but good things to say about both him and his dad. Great article about a wonderful family who managed to impact practically everyone around them for the better.

10. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

I have nothing against JJ, seems like a solid guy.

But anyone who likes John Lopez has got to be an aggy homer or an idiot. Lopez is the biggest blowhard piece of crap around.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I am not familiar with Lopez but I agree. That article comparing the guy to Tebow, McCoy, etc... and providing stats (lol). It was pretty bad. I think the typical Aggie fan probably eats that up. I hate it.

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

A&M has played who so far?

yeah, nobody worth a ****.

And this article is one of the worst pieces of garb ever written.

GAG EM

more like Gag me with a freakin sock.

What the **** is an aggie anyway?

Thats like some Tech school calling themselves Techies. Its morally outrageous and I demand that somebody explain this to me in 400 words or less, double spaced, 12 point font, arial or times new roman.

13. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

I'm not too sure but I think it has to do with agriculture or some ****

14. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Contributing Member

Can't wait till he shows up Mccoy this season. That would make it 3 out of the last 4 for the aggies, right?

15. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I would have thought all the stuff about his family in the article, the main focus mind you, would have made you guys push the football stuff to the side. I guess you guys didn't even read the whole article.

16. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

I've noticed you seem to support A&M alot, so I'm assuming you go/went there.

Objectively, what have you honestly seen this season that makes you think the game will be any different than last year's Thanksgiving game?

Not a knock, just curious.

17. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

LOL, you're a riot. Actually, when UT crushes aggy per usual, that will make it 75-36-5, 8-2 in the last 10 and 11-4 in the last 15. Jealous much? :rolleyes:

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Hmm... maybe he watched the 1st half of the Wyoming game?

19. The Cat

He went to UH, but I guess you didn't get the memo. Only UT t-shirt fans are bad. For everyone else, it's OK.

The insecurity/envy issues of the anti-UT crowd are hilarious to watch.

20. The Cat

Now there's unflappable logic! A national championship team would never have focus issues and struggle for a half against a clearly overmatched opponent, then turn it on and blow them away at the first sign of adversity! Nope, that means they're overrated and clearly is huge in the context of Big 12 play. That would never happen to a good team.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recap?gid=200709290106

Oops.