1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen]Lowry's Return

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by daywalker02, Apr 7, 2012.

1. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

fixed

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This is great news our backup PG problems are over, Lowry is great off the bench.

DD

3. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Lee does not have more bulk than Lowry. And Lee has been doing a very good job defensively against most of our opponents.

The only matchup problems we have had on the perimeter since Lowry has been gone has been when we went up against teams with an oversized SG and SF in the game together...such as Indy with George and Granger and the Lakers with Kobe and Artest and Barnes. We struggled with that size and skillset. Chandler can tame down just about any of those guys individually but Lee has gotten outclassed by his man. Of course, you're talking about 4-6 inches and 30-50 lbs in the case of Granger and Artest. So it's understandable.

I was watching these particular matchups and wondering what they would be like with a healthy Lowry. As nutty as it sounds, I would have liked to see Lowry banging around on Artest and Granger to see what he would do. I remember Lowry banging around on guys like Kobe last season. Although much smaller, he's probably got more girth than Lee and more quickness obviously.

I want to see Lowry, Dragic, and Parsons together on the perimeter. I think they could switch off on just about everybody and they could jack the game up into high gear that most every team would struggle with keeping up with.

1 person likes this.
  4. DaDakota

They would get destroyed by teams with larger guards.....none of those players could handle it.

Lowry is too short - barely 6 feet if even.

Dragic is too skinny - not enough sand in his britches

Parsons is the only one that could probably hold his own....

DD

5. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I understand the concern about bigger lineups. I happen to think Lowry is so crafty working against bigger players that he would turn this into an advantage by forcing so many turnovers.

Especially with his ability to overplay and now knowing that Camby is lying in the weeds to attach anything that comes backdoor. I want to see that lineup defensively on the floor with Camby and Patterson or Camby and Dally.

6. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Start Dragic. Use Lowry as a back-up for Lee and Dragic. Play them all low 30s minutes. Use Bud to back up Parsons. Figure it out in the offseason. Preferably by trading Kevin Sandy Vagina Martin first. DONE.

7. Juck_The_Fazz

Juck_The_Fazz Member

i prefer dragic at the point and lowry at the two when they are on the court togehter

8. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

This man is truly wise beyond his years.

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Didn't he lose like twenty pounds. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Whatever they are doing is working so lets ride it for a while longer.

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Lee couldn't guard Artest. But he could do a decent job on Kobe. No team other than Miami has two wing players the size of Artest playing together that can do well on both ends.

Bigger guard may abuse our smaller guards on offensive. But they wouldn't be able to keep up with Lee or Dragic on defense.

We've been using Martin heavy minutes anyway. So it's not like having Lee and Dragic at the 2 would diminish our defensive strength.

11. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Whats wrong with him? He is certainly no Lowry but he is a good backup.

12. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

No I didn't forget about James Harden.

I was talking about starting Dragic at the 2 spot. Oklahoma City's two main starters at the SG spot this season have been Thabo Sefolosha and Daequan Cook. Both of those guys are "weak" SGs that Dragic can handle.

James Harden would be coming in off the bench, which means McHale could easily bring Courtney Lee off the bench to guard him... which doesn't effect starting Dragic at the SG spot at all.

13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Dragic is 6'4 and 190 lbs.

Lee is 6'5 and 200 lbs.

Lee isn't getting destroyed unless he has to guard someone like Artest, so I don't see why Dragic can't handle himself.

14. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Who CARES? K-Mart SUCKS.

15. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

The thing that makes Dragic great is the fact that he has really good size for a PG. He can get into the lane anytime he wants and he can finish with the best of them.

You put him at SG and you take away his size advantage. All of a sudden he's guarding guys that are bigger than him, and he's trying to get by some of the better defenders in the league (that, again, are bigger than him).

Why would you guys want to take that away from Dragic? It makes no sense.

16. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Everyone listen to this man.

By yalls logic the Bulls would be even better if Rose played at SG. Courtney Lee is a small SG but the reason he holds his own is because of his athleticism.

17. DaDakota

Exactly people are ignoring what his strengths are, he needs the ball in his hands.

DD

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think you have it backwards. He was out for 3 weeks. He's more likely to lose his shot or rhythm than be out of shape for a longer period of time. 3 weeks isn't really long enough for a pro athlete to lose their conditioning. Although he was sick, half that time was probably a blessing for his muscles to recover and replenish from playing ball with little rest. Once he started eating his body was already recovering energy quickly, which was after 6 days.

On the other hand, he was completely out of touch with playing ball for 3 weeks. He may have good muscle memory and get his touch right back, but i wouldn't be surprised if that was a bigger issue than conditioning.

19. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Dude DD, did Lowry piss in your cereal one morning?

You have hated on Lowry ever since the Brooks days. Now our franchise player comes back, you still keep on hating.

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

lawl
    this is going to be fun.