1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

FA's coming to Houston next season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayfree, Mar 13, 2017.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Anderson + one of (Ariza/Bev/Lou/Gordon) out for Hayward, Griffin or Lowry in?

Outside of that not many move the needle for the contracts we would have to move.

Do players like Milsap/Ibaka/Gallinari/Hill/Teague/Holiday warrant dumping Anderson + 1 key contributor? I feel like we sign some bench depth with MLE, do a couple of small trades.

2. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

What PF's are coming on the market. I'm fine with keeping Bev, Harden, Ariza and Capela's who's still only 21.
    Really I'm fine keeping the current starting five. Anderson's 3 pt shooting is a matchup nightmare for most teams in the league. He's a good compliment too Harrell.

Rockets are about 10-15 mil under next years cap hike with Nene being the only rotational guy to re-sign (1yr/2-3 mil). I wouldn't mind adding another super-sub or two even too pair with Gordon, Lou, Dekker, etc

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Milsap would be such an all-in move, because there'd be a good chance you'd be overpaying him a crap-ton in 2-3 years.

Blake Griffin would be crazy, and virtually impossible to happen, but if there was 0% chance before, maybe there's 5% chance now... because Griffin as Harden's Amare is such an easy comparison to make and to sell him on.

Hayward is likely just as small a chance of happening, but would also be a great fit. You can easily say see all these opportunities Trevor Ariza gets.. you'd get those and more and the game would be so easy for you offensively.

In reality... I guess Milsap is certainly possible, but it seems unlikely the Rockets will get a big name because there honestly aren't a ton likely to be on the move. Gallinari would be interesting and a plus, but is he the difference that gets them a ring.

I think if DM could, and didn't think the Wizards would match, he'd offer Otto Porter a max contract day one, but there's virtually no chance they don't match. I think he's a max contract guy at this point. Young, great 3 point shooter, solid scorer at 16+ ppg, solid rebounder at 6+apg. Doesn't create, but just so so so solid all around. But Wizards will match, and DM won't want to be waiting for that to happen.

justtxyank and joshuaao like this.
  4. alethios

alethios Member

Mirotic has been taken out of the Bulls rotation - his days as a Bull are coming to an end. They'll want a 1st round pick but so does everyone else.

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Hayward, Griffin, George, Cousins are the four guys i would keep an eye on in the next 12 months, with George and Hayward way ahead though, they're good but also solid in every aspect. At this point, even if i'm a fan of their talent, i don't really trust Blake and Boogie for various reasons...

Richie_Rich likes this.
  6. pass_to_Hakeem

Yes he is ..... to LAK

7. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

I would rather die than have fking steven curry the media made fake mvp fraud on the rockets. Most overrated player in nba history

8. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

I'm hoping we can land any of these 4: Jrue Holiday, JJ Reddick, Korver or Otto Porter.

Imagine that bench or Otto as Ariza 2.0

roslolian likes this.
  9. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

BRING HIM HOME!!!
    [​IMG]

10. Nook

Nook Member

Neither is coming to Houston.

Griffin and Hayward will receive full max offers from their respective teams.

If Hayward left Utah it would be for Boston and the opportunity to play for the coach he claims made him an NBA player.

Griffin doesn't want to leave California and doesn't really have the type of competitive fire to upset how insulated he is in LA.

I honestly think guys a tier below are more likely to come to Houston via trade or free agency. The hope being that they go from solid/good to very good in the Rockets system.

Richie_Rich and malakas like this.
  11. Vivi

Vivi Member

I would love Hayward here (more than Blake) but this is basically what i think too at this point...

12. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

He's Hardens boy. La connect. If he wants to win he can make it work. Trade Ariza and whatever else.

13. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I think Hayward would be phenomenal on this team. Versatile set of tools, unselfish, could lead this squad when James is out IMO. Call me crazy, but I'd take him over George as well.

Lawlruschang and RasaqBoi like this.
  14. HTX Ninja

HTX Ninja Member

This off-season I think the Rockets will be looking to upgrade their front-court rotation.(SF/PF/C) The PG/SG combination of Lou/Bev/Harden/Gordon is set. We should be looking at Gallinari, Patterson, Green, Gibson, etc. If we can get some solid off-season additions we'd be primed for a championship run.

15. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

RIP in peace

Lawlruschang and RasaqBoi like this.
  16. Drogba

Drogba Member

George isn't a FA next summer is he? I thought it was 2018?

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep, your're right, PG is a free agents next year (same for Cousins).

18. topfive

topfive CF OG

Wheel C.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  19. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

You would welcome Curry on this team? Why?

Lebrun and Curry are two players who would taint any Rockets championship for me. I want us to beat those guys

Richie_Rich and Lawlruschang like this.
  20. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

because unrelentless offense cuh

Daddy Long Legs likes this.