1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Evidence that Hakeem and Akeem whipped Jordan's Bulls

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Feb 11, 2008.

1. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

Thats my point. They both had a strong will and thats why I don't think either one would have beating the other one twice. So thats why I said they both would have won one series.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oh I must watch wrong NBA playoff then
    Bulls not have jordan cause jordan no way he plays Knicks for 7 games
    cause Knicks not good Knicks got swept no bulls not have jordan no

Eastern Conference Semifinals (4-3): Chicago Bulls over New York Knickerbockers
    Game 1 May 5 Chicago Bulls 89 New York Knickerbockers 94
    Game 2 May 7 Chicago Bulls 86 New York Knickerbockers 78
    Game 3 May 9 New York Knickerbockers 86 Chicago Bulls 94
    Game 4 May 10 New York Knickerbockers 93 Chicago Bulls 86
    Game 5 May 12 Chicago Bulls 96 New York Knickerbockers 88
    Game 6 May 14 New York Knickerbockers 100 Chicago Bulls 86
    Game 7 May 17 Chicago Bulls 110 New York Knickerbockers 81

Paper: HOUSTON CHRONICLE
    Date: MON 05/18/1992
    Section: Sports
    Page: 1
    Edition: 2 STAR

Bulls eliminate Knicks/Champs awaken for 110-81 victory

By ANTHONY COTTON
    Washington Post

CHICAGO -- Michael Jordan soared through the air once more, Scottie Pippen indeed got his last laugh and the Chicago Bulls are advancing to the NBA Eastern Conference finals after a leave-no-doubt 110-81 victory over the New York Knicks on Sunday at Chicago Stadium.

After finally eclipsing the 100-point barrier in this playoff series and shrugging off their worthy opponent, the defending league champions will open the conference finals against Cleveland in Chicago on Tuesday night.

"We were sleepwalking, and they woke us up," Jordan said. "Everybody felt pressure coming in, and everybody responded. Hopefully, we won't fall asleep again."

Jordan, merely average in a 100-86 Game 6 loss Thursday at Madison Square Garden, was incandescent in Sunday's finale, hitting 15 of 29 shots and scoring 42 points.

Apart from the swooping, spinning reverse layups and high-rise jumpers, Jordan's best move might have come with 2:53 left in the first period, when he picked up a technical foul coming to the defense of Pippen.

Pippen, who stood to bear much of the blame if the Bulls had lost, had become involved in an altercation moments earlier with his series nemesis, Knicks forward Xavier McDaniel.

"He needed the confidence; X was trying to get into his head, but it was a chance for us to get into X's," Jordan said. "I just wanted to stand beside Scottie, tell him that he could talk smack back to X if he wanted to, because we were there beside him."

Thus heartened, Pippen played with the flair he had shown only in spurts throughout the series. Seemingly cowed by New York's physical play in the first six games, Pippen's low point perhaps came in Game 6, but afterward he vowed to have the last laugh.

That came with Sunday's triple-double, 17-point, 11-rebound, 11-assist effort.

"I'm smiling," Pippen said, "and they're going home."

But Jordan and Pippen were just two of any number of things that went right for the Bulls, much to the delight of the 18,676 in attendance, a crowd that included John Thompson, Alonzo Mourning, Jack Nicholson and Spike Lee.

The biggest plus for Chicago was its defense as the Bulls finally showed the swarming, switching team effort that had characterized their 67-15 regular season. If the finesse-oriented Bulls didn't exactly dive onto the floor for loose balls, they were livelier than at any time during the series.

Throughout the series, Knicks center Patrick Ewing consistently had hurt the Bulls by hitting uncontested 15- to 18-foot jump shots. The former Georgetown star was being left open when the Chicago center would help out a teammate as another Knick would drive to the basket.

Although he scored a team-high 22 points Sunday, Ewing was 8-for-19 from the field, and nothing came easily. When the Chicago center helped out and the pass went to Ewing, forward Horace Grant would rotate to him, getting a hand in his face to hinder the attempt.

The Knicks shot only 38 percent from the field for the game, and the Bulls had 13 steals and eight blocked shots -- both series highs.

Chicago's defense was at its best early in the third quarter. Leading 56-50 at halftime, the Bulls saw their lead cut to 60-57 with 9:03 to play in the third.

But New York didn't get a field goal for the next 5:15, scoring just two free throws.

John Starks hit a driving layup with 3:48 left as part of a three-point play, but the Bulls scored the next seven points, putting the finishing touches on a 17-5 run.

"We were just trying to stay close," Ewing said. "We were right there, had it down to three points, but the ball would bounce the wrong way or we'd turn it over."

The Bulls' good fortune began when Ewing picked up three personal fouls in the first six minutes of the second half and went to the bench with the Knicks trailing 65-57. Charles Oakley then hit two free throws for New York, but Jordan followed with a driving layup.

Moments later, reserve guard B.J. Armstrong beat the 24-second clock with a 3-point shot to put the Bulls up 70-59 with 4:08 left.

New York coach Pat Riley called a timeout immediately after the shot and inserted Ewing, but it was clear the Knicks' spirit had been crushed.

"When Patrick went out of the game, it kind of looked like it wasn't meant to be, and the players seemed to feel the same way," Riley said. "We hung in there a little bit, but they overwhelmed us."

The third-quarter spurt was only the most visible aspect of an afternoon in which everything fell into place for the winners.

3. tinman

Supporting Member

Meowgi is just being Rockets homer.. that's ok

at least he's not making false statements exploiting his lack of any NBA knowledge like this MJ Fanboy

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tinman
    yeah and you guys can still ignore that the Knicks and Bulls played 7 games also the year before.

and you can still be amazed that Hakeem blocked John Starks shot, because that Hakeem guy has never blocked a shot in his life.

and you can still remember that awesome John Starks in game 7 vs the Rockets.

and I'm still waiting for that MIRACULOUS SHOTS that the first championship Rockets team did. Did Horry turn into Doug Flutie and throw a hail mary ? What MIRACULOUS SHOT?

Originally Posted by Jerry36
    The bulls didn't haven't jordan that year.

4. Desert_Rocket

Desert_Rocket Member

Tinman. Based on the logic and history you posted in this thread, going by the same logic and history, then the Rockets would not have beaten the Sonics if the Nuggets hadn't done it for them.

5. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

See, this is the kinda BS that I’m talking about. MJ’s biggest move was picking up a tech for Scottie. Scottie put up a trip dub because he felt MJ had his back…lol….wow….

And the sad part is quite a few folks will go with the “MJ made Scottie” argument. Every other player in league history (Magic, Bird, etc) was fortunate enough to play with another star. But no….MJ forged his stars….

#105 Icehouse, Feb 11, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  6. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Maybe, maybe not. But at least the Sonics had the same team in the following seasons. The Bulls didn’t have a PF in 95 and no one acknowledges that.

The Bulls replaced MJ with Pete Myers and still won over 50 games. Think about that….they lost the “GOAT” and still won 50 games? We lose T-Mac we fall to pieces. Duncan goes down SA can’t get out the first round. Etc….

7. tinman

Supporting Member

You're right, the Sonics had our number. However, my thread is evidence that the Rockets beat the Bulls many many times with different coaches, different players and Akeem changing his name.

They beat Chicago with Bill Fitch
    Don Chaney
    Rudy T

beat Jordan when was wearing all these shoes
    [​IMG]

I have scores and articles that it actually happened.

Your thread is showing that you don't know crap about the Rockets.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

The Rockets during the MJ Years...

MICHAEL JACKSON

During Thriller's run at the top of the charts,

the Rockets told Jordan to BEAT IT , Jordan was the NBA's favorite PYT

It was only Human Nature that Dream would carry the Rockets to the finals so early cause he and Ralph were so awesome

I never understood why rookie posters never acknowledge this period in the Rockets era and always Wanna Be Starting Something when we acknowledge their accomplishments.

Then MJ (Michael Jackson) dropped BAD

That's was the result of when Bulls had to face the Rockets. Jordan looked at The Man in the Mirror and realized it wasn't him, it was Pippen, Grant and Cartright that couldn't compete with the Rockets best.

In the early 90s, Dangerous was dropped
    That's the Vernon Maxwell theme. Jordan decided it was much easier making a music video with Michael Jackson JAM than playing the Rockets.

He likes to Remember the Time when he didn't have to face such tough players like the Rockets.

[​IMG]

9. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

And then he goes and makes the movie Space Jam that implies Hakeem could only beat Barkley and Ewing because aliens stole their powers.

10. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

where are those fans? We need fans like that in Toyota Centre every game.

11. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

So Jordan sucks? Yall make it seem like MJ won 6 rings by luck. That is just pure hate. And why? MJ always had positive things to say about Dream and the Rockets. Yes we get that the Rockets owned the Bulls in the regular season but why go as far to discredit MJ for his accomplishments? Yall want to put asterisks all over his name but then hate how everyone else wants to puts on the Rockets titles?

Look, I understand this is a Rockets site and you guys want to support the team but damn. According to some people here, Jordan was no more than a glorified role player, he had little to do with the 6 championships, and the Bulls winning all those titles had more to do with other teams actions than the Bulls actually winning it themselves. It seems as if the only thing relevant in this thread are the throwback articles.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

Who is Yall?

I don't hate MJ, Jordan or Jackson.

This is a list of articles of factual events that happened in the encounters between Akeem/Hakeem vs MJ Bulls in actual games.

Some people refuse to believe it happened and some people make up stats (look at the scrub who thought Jordan DIDNT play in the Knick series in game 7 in 1992).

It is educational as well exploiting those who are not in tuned with REAL NBA HISTORY.

Jordan was part of teams and when his teams faced with a team with an unfavorable matchup (ie the Houston Rockets), they lose.

actual evidence.

this is thread is not about what Nice Things Michael Jordan said about the Rockets.

This is REAL NBA HISTORY THAT YOU NEED TO READ AND EMBED IN YOUR BRAIN to enrich your KNOWLEDGE of the HOUSTON ROCKETS.

It is a shame that Rocket fan now (usually caring about one player etc) can't talk about the rich history of the Rockets. When Laker fan can drop anything about Magic, Jerry West, Wilt, Kareem.

the people who deny what really happened and did not know that the Rockets won with completely different teams and coaches, with the one constant, The DREAM, are people who deny water is in the ocean.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

Step back in time
    with this rhyme
    we'll arrive
    in 1985

before the shoe deals
    made MJ rich
    His Bulls had to face
    Wiggins and Ralph
    and coach Bill Fitch
    A loss Jordan could not avoid
    Too many awesome players
    Dream, Sampson
    and Sweet Lou Lloyd

BBD had Michael Bevins
    so lets go on to 1987
    The Twin Towers dominated despite MJ's 43
    but that was also 43 Field Goal Attempts see
    The Rockets defense caused them to succeed
    dream had 4 blocks, while 26 points dropped by Robert Reid

Kathy Ireland was fine
    in 1989
    At the Summit another Rockets win
    Doug Collins couldn't grin
    The Summit was the home court
    with jumpers raining from Pervis Short

1990 another beatdown in chicago its true
    Sinead O Connor.. Nothing Compares 2 U
    139 points , The Rockets scored on MJ's court
    30 points 13 boards by Otis Thorpe
    A Rockets domination bulls destroyed
    they couldn't even stop Sleepy Floyd.

Super Nintendo was all the fun
    when it showed up in 1991
    Oh look, another game the Rockets won
    need to double Jordan? relax
    we just D-ed him up one-on-one with mad max
    you BULLS FANS don't blame me
    its not my fault you lost to a team coached by the great Don Chaney

in 1992
    someone cops beat Rodney King
    10 years before the Rockets got Yao Ming
    2-0 sweep season series you see
    In the new era of Rudy T
    The Rockets had all the fun
    causing Jordan to say this about Dream:
    "Because when he does get it, you can't stop him. We have no one who can match up with him. No one."

the last year before Mike went to baseball
    of course at the Summit they did fall
    No double on MJ, just solid D by Max
    Hakeem was the dream with Horry and Otis getting his back

If Skynet sent Terminators back to the NBA
    it couldn't stop the Rockets domination of the Bulls when they play
    To witness these games were an honor
    for me, Tinman, clutchfan's John Connor

14. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

I think we would have had a great chance against the Bulls and I would pick us to have won, but regular season comparisons only go so far. For example, in the regular season in 1995 the Rockets were 1-5 vs the Spurs, but when it really counted we beat them 4-2. Point being that favorable regular season records don't automatically translate into play off wins where both teams have more preparation and game planning for specific opponents.

15. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Tinman,

Do you know the record of the Rockets vs Bulls when Jordan is playing?

16. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Most of those fans were from the Western Conference Finals. If the Rockets make it back to the WCF, all of the suits will get excited, too.

17. BarkleyHater84

WOW! Great stuff Tinman. I stayed at my cpu until I read every single article....

18. tinman

Supporting Member

this is the article about the record of the 90s Rockets vs the 90s Bulls.
    Paper: Houston Chronicle
    Date: SUN 06/12/2005
    Section: Sports
    Page: 4
    Edition: 4 STAR

ROCKETS / 10 YEARS AFTER / No Bull? Rockets say they still would have won like Mike
    By FRAN BLINEBURY
    Staff

Ten years later and it's still there, hanging over their legacy.

In the two years when the Rockets won their back-to-back championships, Michael Jordan was off pursuing a baseball career and then making his first NBA comeback.

The critics contend that those championship banners would not be flying in Houston and the Chicago Bulls might have won eight titles in a row.

The Rockets themselves would have loved to have proven everybody wrong.

"There should be no doubt or label of fluke on our championships," said Hakeem Olajuwon. "As for Michael Jordan, a lot of people don't know and never looked up our matchups with Chicago during that time. If you check the records, you'll see that we beat them on a consistent basis when Michael was playing and winning his first three championships.

"(Vernon) Maxwell guarded Michael and gave him problems. In '95, we would have had Mario Elie on him. They didn't have anyone who could contain me. Chicago was never a problem for us. We always looked forward to playing them. A lot of people don't realize that."

The Rockets, in fact, had a 5-1 record vs. Jordan and the Bulls from 1991 through 1993, the span of Chicago's first "three-peat."

After a loss on his home floor at Chicago Stadium in 1993, Jordan said, "We have no answer for the big guy. It's a good thing they won't ever make it to the (NBA) Finals, because I don't think we could beat them."

Head coach Rudy Tomjanovich is philosophical.

"It's one of those things, a good sports debate," he said. "But we don't have to apologize to anybody. I've actually talked to Michael about that topic several times. He's always told me he thought those would have been some helluva playoff series."

Elie is defiant.

"That's the one thing that still sticks with me and bothers me, not getting to play Chicago in the Finals," he said. "Hey, it's not our fault that Jordan wasn't there. We're not the ones who told him to go try baseball.

"We had a team that lined up against anybody and could beat anybody out there. I always wanted the challenge of going against `the greatest' in the Finals. If there's a gap, that's it. That we didn't get to play them. But there's nobody that can tell me we couldn't play with them.

"Hey, that's my biggest regret about that John Stockton shot that went in for Utah in '97. I was ready to play Chicago that year. With Dream, Clyde (Drexler) and Charles (Barkley), we'd have beaten them then, too."

19. tinman

Supporting Member

thanks!

that's the whole intention of this thread. so people can read the truth.

20. Lil

Lil Contributing Member

"Call it the Rockets' fourth victory over the Bulls in their last five meetings" right smack in the middle of the Bulls' 1st 3-peat years.

Nuff said.